insta360 x latest edition ?

stephen

55 minutes ago, Neil (yanex) said:

From the footage that i got still awesome because i record it in 4k, but the fact that the camera has just one focus wherever you point the camera is what angle you get it feels so lacking of something........ yourself. because in every footage you get, you want also yourself in the picture thats the disadvantage of a helmet mounted camera.

Makes sense. :D👍

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone interested insta is now doing a Battery for better use in cold weather for the onex . Out of stock atm though but will be very useful in the colder countries

Screenshot_20190122_103409_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190122_103449_com.android.chrome.png

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 11:51 PM, Lutalo said:

Makes sense. :D👍

I tried a hat mount early one when I got my GoPro Fusion, It didn't work for me since 1/2 the footage was blocked out by the hat. I think even a short stick is better than a body mount of any sort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Anyone with an Insta360 One X try the no-stitch workflow with Adobe Premiere Pro where you can edit pre-stitch, the Premiere Pro stitches the video in the render? If so, how long does the rendering take?

from watching tutorials the premiere pro plug in isn't as intuitive to use as insta360 studios; and the few clips I seen dont look as fluid as the what the 360studios or the app produces. btw is full res over-capture still limited to app only? last I check the app only handle 4k H.264 files.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

from watching tutorials the premiere pro plug in isn't as intuitive to use as insta360 studios; and the few clips I seen dont look as fluid as the what the 360studios or the app produces. btw is full res over-capture still limited to app only? last I check the app only handle 4k H.264 files.

Yeah, maybe the no-stitch workflow is a bit over-hyped. It seems that it draws too much system resources during editing and render as well, per the YouTube guide I saw.

I wonder if the desktop software is adequate now, as at the launch, the App was supposedly much better for stitching.

20 minutes ago, stephen said:

Here’s a bit more info guys😊

I've been playing with this release. Huge improvement. I finally feel like I can use the desktop app instead of the iPad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

This. after I go out and buy a brand new Ipad.-_-

I hear you. Then again, I still think the iPad represents the best workflow because of how easy it is to frame and track shots in the Freestyle mode. I think it makes for more natural looking tracking shots. When you do it on the desktop it takes a lot more effort to avoid the mechanical look.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hear you. Then again, I still think the iPad represents the best workflow because of how easy it is to frame and track shots in the Freestyle mode. I think it makes for more natural looking tracking shots. When you do it on the desktop it takes a lot more effort to avoid the mechanical look.

Thanks. I felt much better. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up the 360 One X. I dig the camera, but I notice that when I reduce the exposure the two cameras don't produce the same color. One is tinted a brownish color. So, I see the stitch line due to color differences in my footage/images. Anyone else have the same problem?

* Manually setting the color balance doesn't help.

48 minutes ago, Kevin Snyder said:

I just picked up the 360 One X. I dig the camera, but I notice that when I reduce the exposure the two cameras don't produce the same color. One is tinted a brownish color. So, I see the stitch line due to color differences in my footage/images. Anyone else have the same problem?

* Manually setting the color balance doesn't help.

Think it's same on most . It charges with different lighting conditions 

Edited by stephen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...