v10 vs tesla? witch one is better for commuters

Mozart Tel

41 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Unfortunately, the ChaoYang / CYT tires I've sourced recently from AliExpress are not as bouncy and as high a rubber consistency as I've purchased in the past. The CYT replacement 18" x 2.5" ended up feeling not all that different from the stock tire.

And, as the distributors don't let you pick what model CYT you're getting, I've all-in-all given up my tire swapping ways. Sad.

Booo Chinese tires! Boooooo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMO the V10 is unnecessarily large, and unnecessarily heavy.. as well there are a lot of reported issues going on with it and a huge recall i believe due to the extremely poor waterproofing.. at the very least unless you wait a while for that one.. im not sure if theyre recalling them right now, or just making people fix them themselves, either way i would definitely not consider that one at this moment.. the firmware is also not the best and idk your weight but its hill climbing ability is questionable.. for the tesla its a good choice very good all rounder but also slightly larger than a lot of 16" wheels.. i would recommend something more like the ks14s or ks16s or something like the MCM5 as marty stated.. they are all very compact and convenient with their built in carry handles, and excellent all rounders, decent battery, good top speed compact and lightweight etc.. unless you plan to be a speed demon i think the tesla is just slightly more unwieldy.. 

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

If you are under 175 lbs the V10F is fine For all hills, the waterproofing everyone is so upset about wasnt really in past unicycles besides the InMotion. For instance, the V8 had an interchangeable battery and that was in a case. The KS18s has its batteries wrapped with the same type and of blue tape the V10 has. I bet a lot of those teslas have caseless batteries too, and those air vents dont seem too water tight. No problems yet, but I wonder how many ride their teslas in the rain anyway. The InMotion body is very, very durable. The tesla is not as durable, but just as stylish

InMotion is fixing the battery casings omission, and next on the list will be the comfort of the larger carriaged riders in the heat of summer. I live in the hilliest area of L.A. and have had no problems cruising up all of them at 20 mph. I weigh 150 lbs and the torque of the V10 to handle deep potholes is outstanding. The motor is very capable as it is now and for the winter they both have high pedals for the snow.

Lastly what do you want in a vehicle as far as ride. The InMotion allows for almost carefree wreckless abandon, since its such a sturdy safe vehicle (Post waterproofing). Its safety protocols built in warn you before it tries to murder you. The Tesla needs a minder. It will burn through a mosfet on the control board and the center of the earth if it could. Its only joy is to get you where you need to go or Thelma and Louise you both if it fails. Also the V10 allows for the monitoring of the Sox game or the Patriots and even those Bruins through its bluetooth speakers. The KS18L does what both of these can and it speaks in International English to warn you. Go with the darkhorse!

Edited by Stan Onymous

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

If you are under 175 lbs the V10F is fine For all hills, the waterproofing everyone is so upset about wasnt really in past unicycles besides the InMotion. For me nstance, the V8 had an interchangeable battery and that was in a case. The KS18s has its batteries wrapped with the same type and of blue tape the V10 has. I bet a lot of those teslas have caseless batteries too, and those air vents dont seem too water tight. No problems yet, but I wonder how many ride their teslas in the rain anyway. The InMotion body is very, very durable. The tesla is not as durable, but just as stylish

InMotion is fixing the battery casings omission, and next on the list will be the comfort of the larger carriaged riders in the heat of summer. I live in the hilliest area of L.A. and have had no problems cruising up all of them at 20 mph. I weigh 150 lbs and the torque of the V10 to handle deep potholes is outstanding. The motor is very capable as it is now and for the winter they both have high pedals for the snow.

Lastly what do you want in a vehicle as far as ride. The InMotion allows for almost carefree wreckless abandon, since its such a sturdy safe vehicle (Post waterproofing). Its safety protocols built in warn you before it tries to murder you. The Tesla needs a minder. It will burn through a mosfet on the control board and the center of the earth if it could. Its only joy is to get you where you need to go or Thelma and Louise you both if it fails. Also the V10 allows for the monitoring of the Sox game or the Patriots and even those Bruins through its bluetooth speakers. The KS18L does what both of these can and it speaks in International English to warn you. Go with the darkhorse!

Small correction - the Tesla has no vents. No may be confusing it with the MSuper X. And the Tesla is not known for blowing MOSFETs like other Gotway wheels. All Gotway wheels are not the same.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Small correction - the Tesla has no vents. No may be confusing it with the MSuper X. And the Tesla is not known for blowing MOSFETs like other Gotway wheels. All Gotway wheels are not the same.

Not known for... but I bet it could if it wanted to. I was thinking of the mcm5 for the vents. I thought the teasla was similar in design. My bad.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great update here so far.  I went straight on and got a KS-18L NOB from eBay for around $1600 delivered, learned to run, it took me about 35 km, and by 50 km I was kinda good.  Felt twice, nothing bad, the wheel fell maybe 6 times total, now I have 100 km and I do feel much comfortable with it. 

What I learned. 

The Ks-18L is very heavy, not a bit, it is very, almost to a point of me having to get an elevator to whenever getting out of train, I cannot drag it up the stairs, now the handle is awesome, until breaks, and mine just broke after 90 km, I took the thingy apart and notice that the construction of the handle is as Sh*tty as it gets for a Chinese product, it really sucks, but some reverse engineering and I was able to fix it.  Another problem that annoys me since the beginning was that I found a wobble on the wheel, but reading here and there everybody says was my experience, well, guess what, I check the wheels with a dial indicator and found a 5 mm wobble on the wheel itself from deep to raised.  I could not fix that, the best I could do was to re-bead the tire, reinstall and hope that it may wear off. Maybe I will buy that 18x2.5 wheel and tire from eBay, and hope for the best

Plus, I am able to control the wobble a bit better at high speeds 30km +, with XP. 

Pros

• Very Fast
  • Head Turning
  • The battery will to go to LA and back to Boston
  • You can turn everything, ride half day and still have battery 
  • Sturdy
  • You can use two silent chargers to recharge the thing

Cons

• Heavy
  • Heavy
  • hard to learn (huge curve)
  • need good shoes, or it will slip out of your feet
  • Mine came with an off-center bad tire
  • takes a very long time to recharge with one charger
  • You will need to pocket out $$$ for another charger
  • Expensive

ks-18l wobbling.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mozart Tel said:

Thanks for the great update here so far.  I went straight on and got a KS-18L NOB from eBay for around $1600 delivered,  ....

Nice update.  See the SpeedyFeet video showing you why that test you did for your tire wobble is misleading; or maybe you are not claiming it's a motor axel issue.   As you mention try deflating the tire, and reflating after you check that it is seated well.  You may want to over inflated, deflate, then inflate to desired pressure.  Hope it works out for you, and good job resetting people's perception.... it truly is heavy... keep it powered when dragging (rolling) it around.  

• 5 months later...

Hi There, I'm in a similar boat often taking the commuter, subway, and/or bus into Boston, although I could avoid it if I decided to ride the EUC for 16 miles on a bike trail. Currently looking at the V10F, Tesla, and MCM5.  Anything you would have done differently knowing what you know now?