Jump to content

msuper x bug


stephen
 Share

Recommended Posts

so the msuperx is a beast of a machine i absolutely love it but one thing is really pi$$ing me off is the bug , the milage resets itself when you lean it over and let it beep so all the miles you've done resets , sometimes the milage just changes for nothing , i need and want to know how many miles I've done it's how you judge the amount of travel I'm doing, also it was charged to 100% and after 5 Mile it was 84% so I'm now even doubting the battery levels are correct , it did even out though and I've been 30+ ... miles at 15mph-22mph sometimes less and got 33% left ,,(I'm guessing these cause it's my usual route  and have screenshots of my rides from the kingsong ks16s), is this correct i thought it would of done more? what have you had @Marty Backe have you done a range test yet or anyone else done a range test..

i bought from speedyfeet should this problem be corrected under warranty I'll email him tomorrow anyway i really want to know the millage ,, i tried to see how many miles I've done with geotracking app but the gps got lost so I'm in the dark,, anyway I've posted a little vid showing how it resets and changes i love this machine its everything i wanted but i need the mileage ?

I've tried different version gotway apps and wheellog versions and still the same it does it on both apps

also included my log screen are the empty logs where it got deleted? cause i did do it about 4 times?

 

Screenshot_20180805-203903.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-185739.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-190323.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-202937.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-232504.jpg

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stephen said:

t was charged to 100% and after 5 Mile it was 84% so I'm now even doubting the battery levels are correct 

This same thing happens with my MSuperX.  I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with the battery.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

This same thing happens with my MSuperX.  I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with the battery.

does yours reset the milage to .. what range do you get from your battery and what speed and weight plz ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never tilted my Tesla over while powered on so I didn't realize that sort of thing happens.  I do notice that if you turn off the wheel and then look at your Wheellog app sometimes the battery level shows a false low reading.  I usually will lean the wheel while on against a wall and then take captures rather than powering down the wheel which disconnects the Bluetooth. 

I'm using 2.0.8 I think.  What does your Gotway app say for total distance ridden? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, stephen said:

does yours reset the milage to .. what range do you get from your battery and what speed and weight plz ?

I’m on a ride right now.  Taking a break to read stats.  Started with 100% and after 6.5 miles O have 78% battery remaining.  Something is wrong since this is the 1600wh.version.  I’m 200lb riding about 20mph avg. on flat terrain.  I’m hopping this is just a calculation problem and not a battery issue. Showing the same on Gotway app as well as DarknessBot.  @Marty Backe Have you encountered anything similar with yours?  I know yours came out of the same batch.  @Jason McNeil have you had anybody reporting similar cases?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Did you double check to make sure all connector are attached?  Be careful if they aren't since the battery levels might not be matched now if one was disconnected. 

When the wheel arrived, I opened up both panels and connected the battery.  Checked around and connectors appeared to be attached.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so i tried to run the battery down today before work it seems like my battery runs down fairly quick from 100% I'll post screens does this seem normal i thought I'd be getting 60miles+?

Screenshot_20180806-085903.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-092225.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-093613.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-095945.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-101554.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-105624.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-115137.jpg

Screenshot_20180806-122853.jpg

Edited by stephen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only had time for one ride on my MSX. It was not intended as a range test, so I started with 90% battery charge. It was a 50-mile ride. So I'm getting the range that I would have expected from this wheel.

I'll have to test the resetting mileage problem later.

Edited by Marty Backe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've only had time for one ride on my MSX. It was intended as a range test, so I started with 90% battery charge. It was a 50-mile ride. So I'm getting the range that I would have expected from this wheel.

I'll have to test the resetting mileage problem later.

what% battery did you have after the 50 miles Marty look above at my screens does this seem normal ?

Edited by stephen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stephen said:

so i tried to run the battery down today before work it sends like my battery ribs down fairly quick from 100% I'll post screens dies this seen normal i thought I'd be getting 60miles+?

 

I've never gotten ~60-miles on any of my 1600-wh wheels. I don't remember your weight, but I would be happy at 50-miles.

Also, I remember that you said during the live stream that you are riding with the tire pressure at ~25-psi. That is certainly on the low side which will noticeably reduce you range.

For kicks, pump it up to 45-psi and see what you get.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

what% battery did you have after the 50 miles Marty look above at my screens does this seem normal ?

17%

So if I had started at 100-percent I may have gotten 55-miles. According to my stats, my average speed was ~15-mph.

Looking at your screenshots, not knowing your weight, and knowing that you are riding at 25-psi, I think those are reasonable numbers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to keep track of your mileage independently of the wheel, consider using the Geo-Tracker app. I use it with all my rides, and I can include notes with each ride. There's a link to it on my YouTube videos.

Here's a built-in Geo-Tracker screenshot from my MSX ride

Geo-Tracker-2018-07-29-12-27-05

And here is a higher resolution of the Speed Chart

Screenshot_20180729-122730

 

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

17%

So if I had started at 100-percent I may have gotten 55-miles. According to my stats, my average speed was ~15-mph.

Looking at your screenshots, not knowing your weight, and knowing that you are riding at 25-psi, I think those are reasonable numbers.

I'm 90kg all muscle ofc ? yeah I'm now at 35psi  that's my limit or i feel every bump on uk roads and canal paths and wood trails .. cheers Marty second opinions are always worth it.. suppose it's just the bloody reset thing now i wonder if speedy feet would suit it think it's the board ... or put up with it and just don't come off it or lean it lol xx

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm 90kg all muscle ofc ? yeah I'm now at 35psi  that's my limit or i feel every bump on uk roads and canal paths and wood trails .. cheers Marty second opinions are always worth it.. suppose it's just the bloody reset thing now i wonder if speedy feet would suit it think it's the board ... or put up with it and just don't come off it or lean it lol xx

I think you have a good wheel in terms of the battery.

You're probably stuck with the mileage bug :(  But consider using the Geo-Tracker app to track your mileage independently.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i did enjoy my 38 miles  today people think I'm mental going 20-30+ miles a day i still didn't want to go home but i had work ,the msx is really a joy to ride though i love it it's as smooth as butter when on fresh tarmac ??  but i also love trails i think I've got everything i want in this wheel even the resale value when i tilt it and reduce the mileage??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same mileage reset bug, I think it’s on all of them.

95kg, hard mode, 2.7 bars = 60km of fast riding and a lot of hills, left with 10-20% battery.

I’m now at the medium mode, expecting to get 70km with easier riding. But I always forget to go slower since the MSX is so incredibly stable at any speed. Even 50km/h didn’t feel like I was pushing it the slightest. But I won’t try it again, too crazy a speed to fall from.

EDIT: I think if you power off the wheel when it is tilted sideways, the mileage will not reset! It only resets when you lift it back up powered on.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

17%

So if I had started at 100-percent I may have gotten 55-miles. According to my stats, my average speed was ~15-mph.

Looking at your screenshots, not knowing your weight, and knowing that you are riding at 25-psi, I think those are reasonable numbers.

I am totally with you!

Because of the unrealistic announcements of the companys the people just exspect unreal range....

be happy to do a 50-55 mile ride on a 1600wh wheel...depending on speed and weight it might even go much lower!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But I always forget to go slower since the MSX is so incredibly stable at any speed

i know what you mean i wasn't in to speed but sometimes you don't relise ?I've not had any speed wobbles just wobbles due to surface conditions . the power when you are at speed it  just takes off to 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished a ride getting my battery down to 50%.  It gave me 22.3 miles which tells me things are probably ok.  I’ll keep checking it but it’s probably normal since I’m just under 200lb and riding on hard mode for pedals. I may put more air in the tires and it may give me more range.  I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have a faulty battery.  You all think my MSuperX is normal?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I just finished a ride getting my battery down to 50%.  It gave me 22.3 miles which tells me things are probably ok.  I’ll keep checking it but it’s probably normal since I’m just under 200lb and riding on hard mode for pedals. I may put more air in the tires and it may give me more range.  I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have a faulty battery.  You all think my MSuperX is normal?

yeah well  it's same as mine anyway i like medium mode but the breaking is excellent in sports mode i love the fact that it doesn't show down till 20% then it's still fast 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found another bug my side pads ????.... pads and a bloody leg i have been wearing shorts though i need shin protection or wear my jeans in future ???

Screenshot_2018-08-07-19-33-12.png

Screenshot_2018-08-07-19-32-54.png

hardcore ?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, stephen said:

Found another bug my side pads ????.... pads and a bloody leg i have been wearing shorts though i need shin protection or wear my jeans in future ???

Screenshot_2018-08-07-19-33-12.png

Screenshot_2018-08-07-19-32-54.png

hardcore ?

Man,  you are really gripping that wheel!? There is no way around that these pads need updating.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Man,  you are really gripping that wheel!? There is no way around that these pads need updating.

they will come out with new pads soon

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...