Any EUC with graphene battery?

Torsten Daerr

Hi, do you know if there is any EUC model available on the market that instead of a lithium ion battery comes with a graphene battery, preferably removable? I've done quite some research and haven't found any so far. Maybe it's still too early for graphene batteries to be used on a mass scale? 

Never heard of graphene lithium ion batteries until now.  With Samsung working on it, it may be something that we will see in the near future but I suspect they will do extra due diligence on the technology so they don't have anymore issues like the exploding Samsung Note 7s.

5X faster charging speed and potential for up to 45% more capacity than standard lithium ion batteries would be awesome!  Once those batteries become mainstream, it might even be possible to retrofit them in older EUCs.

11 hours ago, FULspeed said:

Hi,

Could you give me an example of a commercial product, normally on sale, already equipped with a graphene battery?
Just out of curiosity...:)

There is a powerpack available on Alibaba that has a graphene battery. It's manufactured by a Chinese company and you can purchase it online. A programmer demonstrated the device to a group of 8 students in Germany and I was there and very impressed. He uses the powerpack to recharge his ebike which he assembled himself from parts he purchased from Alibaba too. 

Nice thread, I am also waiting for this to happen since I heard about these batteries months ago, mainly for electric cars.

Once they start being used on cars and prices start dropping we can expect to see them on EUCs and mobile phones :)

That's pretty awesome.  Even just doubling the range of current EUCs would be incredible, but the potential for 4x and up?  That's insane.  Just 2x would put me at 130 miles per change on my MSuper V3s+.  I looked at a video recently talking about graphene and what they're doing with it, and between the solid state batteries and the potential for tires that mix graphene with rubber, we might be on the verge of [EDIT: electric] cars that get better mileage than gas cars, and have tires and parts that last several times longer as well.

These are definitely exciting times in which we live.  I wonder what else they will discover and invent using this new technology.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:16 PM, Torsten Daerr said:

There is a powerpack available on Alibaba that has a graphene battery. It's manufactured by a Chinese company and you can purchase it online. 

Just to pour cold water on all the excitement in this thread. Graphene technology does at least appear to offer a quantum leap in battery performance - eventually but not, I don’t think, now!

What I think is being talked about in the above post and available now is these: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-2200mah-3s-65c-w-xt60.html

I’ve bought two of these as they were on special offer at a much reduced price (I suspect they just were not selling as performance didn’t match the price) I perhaps should skip over the fact that one pack arrived with one cell down at 1 volt (so ruined - the other 2 cells were 3.75V) Hobbyking accepted a photo of the battery with a cell tester plugged in and sent me a good replacement pack from their U.K. warehouse the next day so excellent service as ever. 

When I used them, what I found, as do the reviewers who have managed to see though the hype on the above link, is they are LiPo’s pure and simple. Weight and volume versus capacity is showing no real improvement and about the only advance is around 10% lower internal resistance. These are certainly good packs (unless the failure is a sign of things to come) but they are no quantum leap and would not have been worth paying full price for. EUC’s draw much lower currents typically averaging 1C on average or less (I.e. battery lasting at least 1 or two hours) whereas models typically run at an average of 10C or more  (6 minute flights)  so slightly lower internal resistance will give very little noticeable improvement on EUC’s compared with model planes and I’m hardly noticing any difference at all.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:46 AM, Keith said:

Just to pour cold water on all the excitement in this thread. Graphene technology does at least appear to offer a quantum leap in battery performance - eventually but not, I don’t think, now!

Blah blah blah...

The no-bullshit knowledge on this forum is astonishing.

I suspect I could take some rusted hulk of something that has been underwater in a basement for forty years, and someone here will be able to ID it and tell me how to fix it.

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

The no-bullshit knowledge on this forum is astonishing.

I suspect I could take some rusted hulk of something that has been underwater in a basement for forty years, and someone here will be able to ID it and tell me how to fix it.

I think that we have a lot of engineers and people that buy and sell BS. 

I cringe when I hear words like "latest and greatest" "best new thing" " synergy " " just in time networking" "better replacement" "you qualify for our new......"        blaaaaa!   Those words are worse than any four letter words. 

10 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I cringe when I hear words like "latest and greatest" "best new thing" " synergy "

I've been reading about the latest thing...

DbUeMeGVQAEe0H4.jpg

It's called an 'Autoped' (a synergy between auto + pedestrian). Greatest thing to happen since the 'automobile' (which is probably just a fad; imo).

DbUeuEjU8AAMHsj.jpg:large

They even make folding models for portability.

@jojo33 turned me onto this.

Scooter-4.jpgScooter-4.jpgScooter-4.jpgScooter-4.jpg

On 7/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, RockyTop said:

I think that we have a lot of engineers and people that buy and sell BS. 

Inventor of lithium-ion battery loses mind, tries to sell BS battery 'breakthrough' to scientific community...

According to a study in the Journal of the American Chemical Society earlier this year, he and his research partners say they have done it. Done what, exactly? The title of the study says it all — “Nontraditional, Safe, High Voltage Rechargeable Cells of Long Cycle Life.”

Solid-state-battery.gif

Note: Reputable scientist agree this graph is "full of it"...

• 2 weeks later...

Hope and Charge !         

Described a capacitor without giving any real info.  Possible capacitor batter hybrid?  Likely will not hold a charge very long. 

I expect improvements in batteries and they are working on it but it takes time.

11 hours ago, Torsten Daerr said:

So what do you make of this? 

The demonstrated graphene battery has a capacity of 4,800mAh, which is a typical capacity of laptop battery. The company showed the G-King's super-fast charging time. It only takes 13 to 15 minutes compared to several hours a conventional Lithium-Ion battery needs. That's 10 to 20 times faster. Dongxu Optoelectronic Technology says that the G-King graphene battery supports 3,500 charge and discharge cycles - around 7 times higher than Li-Ion batteries.

source: graphene-info.com

"According to the latest rumors, Huawei's upcoming Honor Magic 2 smartphone (that will be launched in December 2018) will feature a graphene-enhanced battery, made by Huawei itself. Interestingly, Huawei's graphene battery will have about 45% of the capacity compared to regular Li-Ion ones, but it will be able to charge extremely fast - in about 12 minutes (for a 3,000 mAh battery)."

So 45% capacity of li-ion as for now

On 8/12/2018 at 10:01 PM, maxkan said:

"According to the latest rumors, Huawei's upcoming Honor Magic 2 smartphone (that will be launched in December 2018) will feature a graphene-enhanced battery, made by Huawei itself. Interestingly, Huawei's graphene battery will have about 45% of the capacity compared to regular Li-Ion ones, but it will be able to charge extremely fast - in about 12 minutes (for a 3,000 mAh battery)."

So 45% capacity of li-ion as for now

... or maybe it costs twice as much. hmm.jpg.629798dff5aa45ccfa774ad222056171.jpg

Archived