New toy, MCM5 experience...

52 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

COOOOL... cant wait... mine will be here Friday between 9:30 and 1... :thumbup:

On a different note, my new ACM will be here probably by the end of next week, or sooner... The Stable is "almost full"... I put in for a new Z10, but I want to wait till I see if they work out all the small bugs on their first shipment, and also I don't know how many Jason has coming in and pre-sold... 

Ours must have been in the same batch - my MCM5 here Thursday.

As for the Z10, I talked to Jason about if they would version the Z10 for the 2nd or 3rd batch and his answer that he didn't think so... also that when they make changes like that he brings in enough parts upgrades to cover his early adopters (like the did for @Marty Backe for the MCM5 - he's bringing in the 800Wh battery for him), so he expects if they tweak the headlight or trolly to do the same for the Z10 owners.  Last I heard he had ordered 100, and pressed 92 - and was then looking to bring in an extra 10 by air.  So if you are interested, I'd pull that trigger soon.

Which I guess bring us back to @Marty Backe, when last we left off on the Soap Opera "As The Wheel Turns", Marty's EUC wife Gotway ACM2 had spotted Marty repeatedly out on the town with another lady, the beautiful, exotic and new to town body builder of lady with JoLo like proportions miss Z10.  Jealousy was instant, both from here and the other ladies Marty had on the side including mTen3 and MCM5 and Tesla.  He took her to the mountains, to the beach, all around town and even dodging little dogs like he used to do with them.  Going so far as to publicly flirt of making an honest wheel of her and call her her his new favorite in public!  It was a true summer romance Greece Lighting Style.  However, Madam Gotway was not so easily cast away, and hatched a a plan to win back Marty's heart inspire of her reputation for being reckless and cutting corners - she got a makeover and rebranded herself MsX - crashing the party just in time and dressed in a vintage little black party shell with pushup pads, sure to get Marty's attention!

Tune in now to find out, will MsX win back Marty's heart or Will Marty be loyal to his new love Z10?  

(We need the Dets Marty - don't keep us hanging!)

Grease1.jpg.f483d750bc16e1960041493ee52537d6.jpgGrease2.jpg.b57d7993df2ae8af1e8fda3921c300a4.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

As for the Z10, I talked to Jason about if they would version the Z10 for the 2nd or 3rd batch and his answer that he didn't think so... also that when they make changes like that he brings in enough parts upgrades to cover his early adopters (like the did for @Marty Backe for the MCM5 - he's bringing in the 800Wh battery for him), so he expects if they tweak the headlight or trolly to do the same for the Z10 owners.  Last I heard he had ordered 100, and pressed 92 - and was then looking to bring in an extra 10 by air.  So if you are interested, I'd pull that trigger soon.

Which I guess bring us back to @Marty Backe, when last we left off on the Soap Opera "As The Wheel Turns", Marty's EUC wife Gotway ACM2 had spotted Marty repeatedly out on the town with another lady, the beautiful, exotic and new to town body builder of lady with JoLo like proportions miss Z10.  Jealousy was instant, both from here and the other ladies Marty had on the side including mTen3 and MCM5 and Tesla.  He took her to the mountains, to the beach, all around town and even dodging little dogs like he used to do with them.  Going so far as to publicly flirt of making an honest wheel of her and call her her his new favorite in public!  It was a true summer romance Greece Lighting Style.  However, Madam Gotway was not so easily cast away, and hatched a a plan to win back Marty's heart inspire of her reputation for being reckless and cutting corners - she got a makeover and rebranded herself MsX - crashing the party just in time and dressed in a vintage little black party shell with pushup pads, sure to get Marty's attention!

Tune in now to find out, will MsX win back Marty's heart or Will Marty be loyal to his new love Z10?  

Grease1.jpg.f483d750bc16e1960041493ee52537d6.jpgGrease2.jpg.b57d7993df2ae8af1e8fda3921c300a4.jpg

NOW THAT IS SOME FUNNY SHIT... GRINNING EAR TO EAR... :laughbounce2:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW @yourtoys7, I did my formal and final speed runs on the Z10 today (video shortly). You want the MSX :D

Although the Z10 is certainly fast, at ~26-mph I was constantly riding the tilt-back (which you'll be able to see in the video). This was at ~80% battery.  Even at 100-percent, I don't think I achieved the stated 28-mph. In my opinion the Z10's maximum comfortable cruising speed is ~25-mph. And like all safety conscious wheels, that speed reduces as the battery drops.

The MSX smirks at the Z10 as it accelerates past 25-mph :lol:

Seems that NINE(bot) was FINE but SUPER (lick-her) is Quicker... :whistling:

@Mike Paolini  I think I am going to print out your post and leave it by the couch for amusement... I re-read it... DUDE, that is freakin hysterical... gotta have a beer with you some day.... :D

If Marty's gonna cause me to spend thousands of dollars, this makes it feel a little better...LOL

31 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Hey @Marty Backe whats the speed comparisons from your experience between the acm and super?... not just speed but acceleration, etc... just curious as you have and love both...

The ACM certainly is a peppier wheel, no doubt about it.

I'm probably not the best person to discuss max acceleration and speed because I don't push the limits. Except for when I was starting out, I never lean super hard into the start. I know that can be fun but I always have it in the back of my mind that I might overlean or reach the acceleration limits of the wheel. Same with max speeds.

With all the wheels coming out now, they are all so fun and operate nicely in my performance envelope.

But yes, the ACM2 is by far the speedier wheel, certainly at the lower end. I'm sure the MSX is faster at the high end.

31 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

:roflmao:

You are absolutely insane, and have too much time on your hands ;)

:thumbup:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM certainly is a peppier wheel, no doubt about it.

I'm probably not the best person to discuss max acceleration and speed because I don't push the limits. Except for when I was starting out, I never lean super hard into the start. I know that can be fun but I always have it in the back of my mind that I might overlean or reach the acceleration limits of the wheel. Same with max speeds.

With all the wheels coming out now, they are all so fun and operate nicely in my performance envelope.

But yes, the ACM2 is by far the speedier wheel, certainly at the lower end. I'm sure the MSX is faster at the high end.

I am good with my plan now, the acm and super are real close for the most part, so the Z for me will work good, I cruise consistently at 19-21... over 25 is usually for short bursts... so the Z topping out at 25 or so is no issue, and it is going to be my off road wheel anyway, certainly does not have the range I (we) like....

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

@Mike Paolini  I think I am going to print out your post and leave it by the couch for amusement... I re-read it... DUDE, that is freakin hysterical... gotta have a beer with you some day.... :D

If Marty's gonna cause me to spend thousands of dollars, this makes it feel a little better...LOL

I'm in, but I prefer Tequila and Margaritas!

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:roflmao:

You are absolutely insane, and have too much time on your hands ;)

:thumbup:

Shrug, it was a 10 min process thanks to Google Image Search, and you have no idea how boring this concern call which is still going is.  :)

That being said, you are dodging the question!

1 minute ago, Mike Paolini said:

I'm in, but I prefer Tequila and Margaritas!

I love DON JULIO ANEJO... on the rocks, I am not going but there is a Major Hang Gliding Competition in Big Spring TX in a couple of weeks... maybe soon I will be out there....

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW @yourtoys7, I did my formal and final speed runs on the Z10 today (video shortly). You want the MSX :D

Although the Z10 is certainly fast, at ~26-mph I was constantly riding the tilt-back (which you'll be able to see in the video). This was at ~80% battery.  Even at 100-percent, I don't think I achieved the stated 28-mph. In my opinion the Z10's maximum comfortable cruising speed is ~25-mph. And like all safety conscious wheels, that speed reduces as the battery drops.

The MSX smirks at the Z10 as it accelerates past 25-mph :lol:

Ha ha ha, i email Jason to find out if there is MSX available, and there is few left 1300Wh., I was ready to order as I will be in Buffalo this weekend and than, not till mid/ end September. Can’t wait that long as I would only ride for little over a month till possible Snow in Canada :(

But shipping is just under 200. to get it in time. So MSX will have to wait till next year. 

This is all after watching your review, LOL...

I gave up hang gliding in my 20's after I accidently landed in the wrong cow field with way too many cactus and angry animals.  I'm not going to say I found the patties and cactus the hard way, but  everyone else found it much funnier than I did at the time - pretty sure the cows were laughing too.  

hang4.gif.bd5534922936ed54912ca060486d0cbe.gif

I'm located in Austin Texas and know all the best holes for Tequila and Mezcal if you make it this way, and will buy the first round.  :)

I actually always wanted to visit Austin... started to become the "In Place" to be in Texas... Jesse James, famous food trucks, etc... or maybe I have been watching too much History and Travel Channel

That HG pic is quite old, that you? gotta be from the 80's model glider looks like or maybe older...:efefe00999:

32 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I actually always wanted to visit Austin... started to become the "In Place" to be in Texas... Jesse James, famous food trucks, etc... or maybe I have been watching too much History and Travel Channel

That HG pic is quite old, that you? gotta be from the 80's model glider looks like or maybe older...:efefe00999:

With training wheels too :)

41 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Correct on all counts.

Thanks for the laughs at Martys expense.  I'm counting the seconds at work to get home to undress MSX... :dribble:Wish me luck since I don't know how many traffic laws will be overlooked on the way home... JK

24 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Thanks for the laughs at Martys expense.  I'm counting the seconds at work to get home to undress MSX... :dribble:Wish me luck since I don't know how many traffic laws will be overlooked on the way home... JK

Maybe share a pic or two... and first impressions ...

It's so pretty, especially the little white sticker!

I was hoping for 10a delivery so I can charge it all day and leave work a little early to ride but it didn't come until 3p with only 20% battery life. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow ?

2018-07-31.jpg.f0a035939397461ce387f998ef6d98ef.jpg

14 minutes ago, maltocs said:

It's so pretty, especially the little white sticker!

I was hoping for 10a delivery so I can charge it all day and leave work a little early to ride but it didn't come until 3p with only 20% battery life. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow ?

2018-07-31.jpg.f0a035939397461ce387f998ef6d98ef.jpg

Can you save the 800wh sticker for me for when we ride together next? I can put it on my wheel and pretend that I have that version :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you save the 800wh sticker for me for when we ride together next? I can put it on my wheel and pretend that I have that version :facepalm:

sure, it's all yours, just meet me at the thirty ONE mile marker.... oh, i'm sorry, I forgot, you can't get that far.

Archived