Duf's Z10 Experience

Duf

Maybe the Z10 touring the USA comes with the newer version of mainboard, it didn't take me long to get to 176 F and triggered warning on the Beta Z10. but I was on continuous incline with some very steep slopes.

I notice you didn't get any splash on you at even quite high speed... My experience was different, I do get a little splash on my leg and back of my shoes sometimes but I did not have the stand installed, I took it off the trolley handle because I think it ruins the look of the profile. Guess I will keep it on after I get my production Z.

I see you haven't try riding it backwards, it's kinda weird that at certain speed, riding backwards become very nimble compare to riding normally at the same speed. Given it a try.

12 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

Maybe the Z10 touring the USA comes with the newer version of mainboard, it didn't take me long to get to 176 F and triggered warning on the Beta Z10. but I was on continuous incline with some very steep slopes.

I notice you didn't get any splash on you at even quite high speed... My experience was different, I do get a little splash on my leg and back of my shoes sometimes but I did not have the stand installed, I took it off the trolley handle because I think it ruins the look of the profile. Guess I will keep it on after I get my production Z.

I see you haven't try riding it backwards, it's kinda weird that at certain speed, riding backwards become very nimble compare to riding normally at the same speed. Given it a try.

Yea there is some brief backwards riding in a couple of the videos.  I didn't want to risk any dropping of the wheel so I only did it a little bit.

i lived in ft myers 1990 to 1996. i can see the naples area hasn’t changed. (i mean, i know it has changed a lot, probably couldn’t find my way around without google maps).

i use to work that area from marco, north to punta gorda.

still a ghost town in the summers.

great for wheel riding.

probably still an hour wait at least in the winter for a table at a restaurant.

so, are u gonna get a Z10?

I enjoyed the visit Duf and my YouTube debut! Thanks to you and Jason@ewheels. I see no real complaints about the Z10! Every aspect about the Z10 was great compared to the six other wheels I have ridden over 1000 miles. I had no doubts about Segway/ninebot quality! I will have to admit I’m not a believer in having one EUC only. So I will get the Z10 when available and order the ACM2 1600 now. 

The videos are great, a value to any enthusiast!

On 6/22/2018 at 8:05 AM, Duf said:

My summary of the Z10 experience!

That worked out well, getting to test the Z-10 and getting a chance to switch your pre-order with E-Wheels before you bought one. KS-18L looks like an awesome, fun wheel.

Hello @Duf two questions:

- can You post the link to the elbow protectors You have used on most o the movies please?

- Can You let us know if next in line user received test  Z10 unit, and is he going to post video/review or sth?

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

Hello @Duf two questions:

- can You post the link to the elbow protectors You have used on most o the movies please?

- Can You let us know if next in line user received test  Z10 unit, and is he going to post video/review or sth?

View the YouTube Description for any of Duf's videos. He lists all of his equipment there.

The wheel was shipped to Chooch. It's up to him as to what kind of video content that he'll be creating and when he does it.

Hello Marty,

Thank You, sorry for being lazy - I did not went through far enough to notice the safety gear listing below Duf YT video 

Also - I have seen first "unboxing" part from Chooch, so "videos are already in production"  

Looking forward to see Your mountain test  of Z10 (on the test version of motherboard)  reports show that production version of the mb stays cool when going uphill...

BTW - no news from MacPara / other developers regarding adding ninebot communication to WheelLog?

22 hours ago, nte said:

palachzzz has frozen development of WheelLog to work on adding WearOS support.

Yes, I have seen that.  We will be on the quest for the Android wear watch with screen visible in the sunlight...   

Regarding NB Z10 communication - I have asked chooch  who currently tests Z10 to try to use DarknessBot to see if it can see Z10,  also -  maybe @Marty Backe can have closer look on the communication when he gets Z10 into his hands... (hm.. before the uphill dead-race)

Archived