Duf's Z10 Experience

Duf

My initial assumption when I saw the wide/tubeless tire design was that it was designed to increase the safety of riding on roads with potholes.  I now wonder whether the objective was to introduce a wheel that is easier to learn to ride (instead of any safety focus) in order to make the learning curve easier and therefore increase sales/adoption.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

My initial assumption when I saw the wide/tubeless tire design was that it was designed to increase the safety of riding on roads with potholes.  I now wonder whether the objective was to introduce a wheel that is easier to learn to ride (instead of any safety focus) in order to make the learning curve easier and therefore increase sales/adoption.  

It definitely makes slow, straight riding significantly easier than what I recall on my old Ninebot One E+

27 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

@Duf What PETG filament do you use for your EUC prints? From the pictures it doesn't look as shiny as regular PETG.

Thanks!

I don't print in PetG normally, it is almost always PLA+ from Esun , Hatchbox or Solutech PLA

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe will get it next, and then we will get ALL the mountain stress info. Not too many hills in Florida.

I'm really looking forward to see Alligator ride #2 though. Go @Duf:thumbup:

You will see some hill riding in Florida, honest. :)

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

ow, whoops, seems by clicking around in/on your sites I somehow got on someone else's site thinking it was yours:

https://eucguy.com/gotway-addons%2Fmods

Ah yes, Mathias makes his mudguards in PetG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Duf said:

You will see some hill riding in Florida, honest. :)

You did have an earlier video with something that was officially called "hill" but I refuse to do so:efeebb3acc:

In seriousness, looking forward to your videos and info! Enjoy the wheel.

12 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

@Duf you can try riding Z backwards (brake light facing forward). It’s easier to turn, just for fun. And pushing Z backwards with stock trolley handle is actually much easier to do than the normal way.

Interesting idea, I'll try it.

8 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Chooch is the best reviewer, IMO.  I think he reviews other tech stuff, which probably helps.  

I am looking forward to Chooch's review also. However, I believe Duf's review is revealing more real word insight to my expectation as a perchancer.  I am no Chooch ........ At least not yet. :efee6b18f3:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great first impression video @duf! Curious...what are your thoughts about the wobbles you experienced? You could definately see then in the video. Did you experiment with different foot positions to help dampen the teeter movements?