E-scooters discussions...

yourtoys7

On 6/10/2018 at 2:55 PM, yourtoys7 said:

Im waiting for my Dualtron II EX from eWheels @Jason McNeil said they should arrive end of June, hopefully sooner :))

Just curious, did your nasty fall on your MSuper last year influence your decision to sell all your EUCs?  I might have torn my rotator cuff last week in what I thought was a minor fall. Now I have no confidence in the strength of that arm to brace for a fall on that side of my body, so I end up just riding at 10-14 mph. My MCM3 only goes 18 mph (as you well know), but I'm suddenly less excited about upgrading my wheel since I don't need any more speed at the moment.

Is that crash you had part of the reason you're looking for a small wheel? Because I'm starting to wonder if I should be dreaming more about scooters than a new MCM5 or ACM or V10F or KS18L.

Maybe my shoulder will heal up somehow and I'll feel differently, but I'd feel guilty just going in for costly rotator cuff surgery because I hurt it on a stupid unicycle thing. Anyway, count me in on having a scooter section here.

5 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Just curious, did your nasty fall on your MSuper last year influence your decision to sell all your EUCs?  I might have torn my rotator cuff last week in what I thought was a minor fall. Now I have no confidence in the strength of that arm to brace for a fall on that side of my body, so I end up just riding at 10-14 mph. My MCM3 only goes 18 mph (as you well know), but I'm suddenly less excited about upgrading my wheel since I don't need any more speed at the moment.

Is that crash you had part of the reason you're looking for a small wheel? Because I'm starting to wonder if I should be dreaming more about scooters than a new MCM5 or ACM or V10F or KS18L.

Maybe my shoulder will heal up somehow and I'll feel differently, but I'd feel guilty just going in for costly rotator cuff surgery because I hurt it on a stupid unicycle thing. Anyway, count me in on having a scooter section here.

Absolutely not, I usually upgrade every summer and I had Msuper for sale. Than came across Monster in pretty much new condition (impulse buy). BUT than, Jason list Dualtron II ex' :w00t2:.  I wanted it so bad, my wife said sure only after you sell Monster (lol). 

I will be getting New wheel, Safety 1st and looks like Ninebot Z10 might just be the top dog now, if not possibly Kingson 14 or 16.

Scooter will serve many purposes, wife and one of the kids can ride, my other (older) son rides the wheel as well. I dont think I can ever walk away from the EUCs....

3 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I wanted it so bad, my wife said sure only after you sell Monster (lol). 

Mine knows I ordered a V10F.

She doesn't know that I cancelled the V10F, ordered a Z10 instead and that there is a Rockwheel GT16 heading my way from China as we speak :lol: 

Then again, it's not as if she has anything to say about this.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Mine knows I ordered a V10F.

She doesn't know that I cancelled the V10F, ordered a Z10 instead and that there is a Rockwheel GT16 heading my way from China as we speak :lol: 

Then again, it's not as if she has anything to say about this.

Z10 should and looks like will live up to expectations, it was pushed to 45km/h and they say it gives you tilt back similar to E+ but more gentle :))

my last fall was due not being able to hear the 80% beep and tilt back on GotWay is nothing like on Ninebot.

we tend to talk and try to be in agreement on bigger purchases.

I had many falls on my Tesla, so I sold it with the idea of getting a Z10. I needed something safer to ride on in my area because there is SO MUCH construction going on that the roads are jacked. I ended up going Dualtron II EX because it would ultimately be safer and faster than the Z10. I will get another wheel in a few years.

2 hours ago, Esper said:

How would we even categorize it on this forum?

Ive send an email to John as well as posted request in Forum Rules area, sugested by @Marty Backe. Im hoping moderators would be able to create sub forums of the common brands that ewheels sells. Dualtron, Inmotion, Ninebot and Speedway.

Now we wait for their decision. 

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Ive send an email to John as well as posted request in Forum Rules area, sugested by @Marty Backe. Im hoping moderators would be able to create sub forums of the common brands that ewheels sells. Dualtron, Inmotion, Ninebot and Speedway.

Now we wait for their decision. 

Well technically, It would be MiniMotors. As both Speedway and Dualtron are made by them. it would be similar to Gotway's Monster line vs ACM line.

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

I see, sure, I’m ok with either. I just hope we get something :)

I hope we get our e-scooter forum to share our experiences, reviews etc.

Like I said before: I'm an EUC rider but after trying an e-scooter I liked it a lot!

I've received a bit of news for anyone that has ordered a Dualtron or wants to. They were scheduled to arrive in port on June 19th, and expected time to clear customs is one week. Further news will arrive once its been cleared.

Archived