E-scooters discussions...

yourtoys7

7 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

I wanna share my experience about the amazing e-scooter Inmotion L8F!!!!

Please do! I am considering one. How does it feel? Is it practical? Is the motor strong enough to go up hills? What are the good and points on the L8F?

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the review on the L8f! Been scouring the web for reviews. Seeing tons of escooters here in NYC and we don’t even have Bird. 

Did you or anyone try or think about getting the Xiaomi M365s or Ninebot E2?

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Gustesta could you post a pic. of you beside the scooter, it might help people get visual how big/ small they are, thanks.

Sure, here you go.

IMG_20180611_084405.jpg

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

my 10 year old is thinking about getting L8F, at his weight he should be flying on it, lol.

Sure will!!!

16 minutes ago, Joey Serrin said:

Guetesta. How did you initially discover ewheels? Did I talk to you first?

I think I found them searching on the internet (Google).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Diana Chiu said:

Thank you so much for the review on the L8f! Been scouring the web for reviews. Seeing tons of escooters here in NYC and we don’t even have Bird. 

I researched a lot about those scooters before buying the L8F.  Reviews aren't really clear tho.  I think the L8F is superior than the M365 and E2.  But in my opinion, the best bang for the buck would be the Speedway Mini Pro 4, but they are all sold out.

58 minutes ago, Diana Chiu said:

I think @ir_fuel tried that one the other week. Not sure on the exact model but it was the same brand. Maybe he can provide more information.

1 hour ago, Diana Chiu said:

I have the Xiaomi M365 for a project I am currently doing. This is my first e-scooter experience so I can't compare tbh.

It does what it's supposed to do, ride at 25km/h cruising speed. It's not water proof, there is play in the folding front bar (people 3d print inserts to stop the slack because you can feel it when riding, everytime you go from braking to accelerating or vice versa you feel it move) and I don't like the way it decelerates. It's too on/off. Should be smoother going to lower throttle. Now it feels like lowering the throttle doesn't do much and then all of the sudden you reach a point where BAM you get a lot of engine braking on the front, which you really need to be prepared for.

But as I said. I can't compare with other scooters, and I didn't play with the official app to finetune it.

11 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Gustesta do the bar high adjustable or is it fixed? 

I agree that mini pro 4 might be best bang for the buck.

Based on my search, and the pictures online, it appears to have a fixed handlebar height.

EDIT: I want to also point out that there is another post about E-kick Scooters here. (Link is to this same site)
Give it a look, there are a few videos and pictures there too.

Edited by Esper

33 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I have the Xiaomi M365 for a project I am currently doing. This is my first e-scooter experience so I can't compare tbh.

It does what it's supposed to do, ride at 25km/h cruising speed. It's not water proof, there is play in the folding front bar (people 3d print inserts to stop the slack because you can feel it when riding, everytime you go from braking to accelerating or vice versa you feel it move) and I don't like the way it decelerates. It's too on/off. Should be smoother going to lower throttle. Now it feels like lowering the throttle doesn't do much and then all of the sudden you reach a point where BAM you get a lot of engine braking on the front, which you really need to be prepared for.

But as I said. I can't compare with other scooters, and I didn't play with the official app to finetune it.

Glad to get a mini review.

Regarding the L8F, it accelerates and decelerates really smooth.  The brake is also excellent!

• Like 1

I wonder what the IP rating on the Dualtron II EX is.. 

I emailed MiniMotors. They had no idea what I was talking about. They said 'its not waterproof' but does this mean it has open wires and that any moisture will kill the unit or it can ride through wet grass but only if its short. Once I get mine, I'll get some moisture detection strips and place them inside and do some testing.

Edited by Esper