THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

44 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

That terrain you'd benefit from a real knobby.  On my S22 I run a Shinko 525, and on my Extreme I run a Dunlop Geomax Mx53.

i'm working on that project right now.

C9EDE1DE-AF4B-4ACD-9367-85598CFA7ED1.thumb.jpeg.d3c5c314d6246daf6609a1b812275539.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'm working on that project right now.  {Kenda K-760 90/100-14 (similar to Shinko 525) on S22}

C9EDE1DE-AF4B-4ACD-9367-85598CFA7ED1.thumb.jpeg.d3c5c314d6246daf6609a1b812275539.jpeg

That's awesome!  Note that you will have to delete the fender.  I had a wire-guide I crafted to replace the "wire nut" fender-side piece.  However, that got caught up and its working fine now without a wireguide.  Also note it will take serious adaptation to get used to the feel of it with the height of the knobs.  You can either wear them down (free-sping on concrete) or seriously adapt.  Adaptation is hard at first but it gets easy/ok.  At first its like the wheel wants to fall over and forces you to ride with your toes out such that you can squat to accomodate the wheel leaning 50% going straight.  You'll learn to go with that and even be able to get it straight up of flopping toward the other side.  Once you do adapt, its unlimited!!!

PS:  Get a white-paint-pen and paint the white letters on the tire!

Edited by Elliott Reitz
tire model ref

21 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Welp. This was scary... Glad I got it laid on its side after my arms got tired from holding this 100+ lbs wheel in the air. Turning off field weakening caused it to cut out finally. Updating your firmware to the latest available one right away will also prevent this from happening to you. 🙂

That is really dangerous...

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Welp. This was scary... Glad I got it laid on its side after my arms got tired from holding this 100+ lbs wheel in the air. Turning off field weakening caused it to cut out finally. Updating your firmware to the latest available one right away will also prevent this from happening to you. 🙂

What the hell... what about the power button, turning it off didn't have any effect?

2 minutes ago, Tomallo said:

What the hell... what about the power button, turning it off didn't have any effect?

Nope, it didn't do anything. I heard after the fact that by putting the tire on the ground and introducing some resistance would have made it cut out, but at the time I was afraid that it would just launch out of my hands and continue to tumble indefinitely. All's well that ends well though, the bug has been squashed via firmware update.

37 minutes ago, Tomallo said:

Nope, I believe all Begode / EB wheels are impossible to turn off unless the wheel is almost stationary. It's a safety thing to prevent it being turned off accidentally while in motion. I suspect that as the concept of field weakening only arrived / was implemented quite a lot later, that they didn't fully think through all the implications on earlier design decisions...

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Nope, it didn't do anything. I heard after the fact that by putting the tire on the ground and introducing some resistance would have made it cut out, but at the time I was afraid that it would just launch out of my hands and continue to tumble indefinitely. All's well that ends well though, the bug has been squashed via firmware update.

Damn, okay. Free spinning at this speed for 5 minutes, that's 13 miles added to the odometer :D

38 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Nope, I believe all Begode / EB wheels are impossible to turn off unless the wheel is almost stationary. It's a safety thing to prevent it being turned off accidentally while in motion. I suspect that as the concept of field weakening only arrived / was implemented quite a lot later, that they didn't fully think through all the implications on earlier design decisions...

Makes sense I guess, just thought it applied only to the lift switch, not to the actual power button too

6 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Chinese new years prank :P    

Posted (edited)

You are an Indiana Jones Professor on EUC. Superb images, you say an exploration, it's rich in history, splendid tourism. Thanks.

Edited by varamontelo
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Most brands can only be turned off below 5kmh or 3ish mph.

This is to prevent a short circuit of the power button or on the control board on the contact area. 

The speed is considered walk off speed and should be safe. Above this a unintentionally power off could catch ride in suprise especially in traffic that could be dangerous.

It has been like this for years.

23 minutes ago, Cam said:

This can also fry the board if you're unlucky the easiest I've found is (If the EUC is heavy) to kneel down so that the EUC rests on your knee tilling it to the side. Basically using your knee to give it an angle. This ought to stop it with the angle cut off.

yeah that didn't work in this case, since it was laying on its side and still spinning wildly. 😂

Side note, EB is listening to peoples' complaints about the wheel reported speed being off by 24% on the C40 (ex30 rim) version. Now with this new firmware, not only does it fix this freespin issue, but it also fixes the speed overestimation... kinda. We're off by "only" 16% now, which is still ridiculous but not nearly as bad as it was before.

• Like 1

So I added a little elevation and padding to the seat area via the "Roger Charger" and some Velcro today. I'm still new enough to seated speed riding that I don't know if I want the extra height. As for standing (anything under 45 mph), it's like it's not there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

btw, this is the best video quality that can be uploaded to utube.

2160s. took 24 hours to publish.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

It's interesting to see how a number can change people's perception.  168 volts!!! wow its really really fast!!. V13 at 126v has done 0-44mph in 5.05 seconds so basically it's just as fast. If you talk to some people though, they will say it's slow off the line. Myself included. Thanks for the review though @WheelGoodTime. It's an ugly but interesting wheel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's interesting to see how a number can change people's perception.  168 volts!!! wow its really really fast!!. V13 at 126v has done 0-44mph in 5.05 seconds so basically it's just as fast. If you talk to some people though, they will say it's slow off the line. Myself included. Thanks for the review though @WheelGoodTime. It's an ugly but interesting wheel.

yeah my tests are rather unscientific admittedly, and my own personal acceleration tests can only be compared to my own time trials to compare apples to apples. Often 0-40 times are as much the rider as they are the wheel. i haven't heard of acceleration times that fast though, very impressive! that must be a very ligthweight rider. I've heard of a 100 lbs rider going 0-40 on the master pro in 4 seconds, but being heavier (200 lbs riding weight) I can't achieve that without overpowering it.

• Like 1