Ride Telemetry

I don't know how curious other people are viewing ride telemetry records and charts, but I thought I would start a thread if anyone wants to share their recordings.  Here's my ride data from my usual route taken today on my 84v Tesla running 60 psi and a full battery down 32% over 18 km.  Rider weight is about 167 lbs no thanks to Gravitos!

d9SYGr0.jpg

ww1K7Pe.jpg

F5pFtaIr.png

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't know how curious other people are viewing ride telemetry records and charts, but I thought I would start a thread if anyone wants to share their recordings.  Here's my ride data from my usual route taken today on my 84v Tesla running 60 psi and a full battery down 32% over 18 km.

You were cruising on Tesla. On your top speed did it feel like you were going 47km/h or was the ride just so smooth you couldn’t tell?

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't know how curious other people are viewing ride telemetry records and charts, but I thought I would start a thread if anyone wants to share their recordings.  Here's my ride data from my usual route taken today on my 84v Tesla running 60 psi and a full battery down 32% over 18 km.

d9SYGr0.jpg

ww1K7Pe.jpg

F5pFtaIr.png

Holy notifications batman

Can anyone recommend a app for Ninebot One E+? Their app works find, except it doesn't provide info like top speed, average speed, trip time, trip distance, etc.

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You were cruising on Tesla. On your top speed did it feel like you were going 47km/h or was the ride just so smooth you couldn’t tell?

I've been working on getting my wheel legs back as there seem to be a few higher speed wobbles lately. They are going away for the most part.  47 kph didn't feel that fast any more, but you do notice it is very windy!  I only do short bursts up to that speed since the pavement/sidewalks tend to get bumpy here and there.

5 hours ago, Jerome said:

Can anyone recommend a app for Ninebot One E+? Their app works find, except it doesn't provide info like top speed, average speed, trip time, trip distance, etc.

Gyrometrics on the iPhone works great for the Ninebot One E+!  Allow it location services, and it records map data too.  People also seem to like Darknessbot.

Here's my roll from today on the exact same route, but I gunned it a bit more with faster acceleration.  There were more people around so I had to slow down more often.   Weird why Wheellog doesn't give me an average speed.   Also my battery ended up at 51% from 100% with all the braking and accelerating. 

I've been working on my power leans around curves, and it's coming along well.   While at speed I'll do a forward right or left tilt while raising the knee at the same time similar to what they do on motorcycles.  It's quite fun if you have some sweeping S curves.  I feel like a human joystick! 

It would be fun take to these wheels onto a go-kart or motorcycle track to race one another. 

NlHlV4Hr.jpg

EMNNNuW.jpg

X1Kpf7Sr.png

I have to admit that I'm feeling a little concerned about battery range left after doing just 18 km, but I guess running speeds over 35 kph must really drain the battery quickly.  If I did the same run, I wonder if I would be able to make it home if 18 km ate up almost 50% of the battery.  

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I have to admit that I'm feeling a little concerned about battery range left after doing just 18 km, but I guess running speeds over 35 kph must really drain the battery quickly.  If I did the same run, I wonder if I would be able to make it home if 18 km ate up almost 50% of the battery.  

Yep I have to admit I charge my tesla every 2 days with my 8 mile round trip to work because its just not fun to ride under 50% especially the way I ride it

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

X1Kpf7Sr.png

That's easy, in order:

You can't make calls,

You have an answerphone message,

You have emails,

Please equip ninja star,

It is not christmas,

Please equip shield,

Don't forget backup shield,

Girls have uneven boobs,

Look out for martians,

You're in a radioactive zone,

PRIDE,

Don't forget your keys,

Lollipops are good in this weather,

Please really don't forget your keys,

It's so radioactive you're dead

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!  You're probably very close to kissing the asphalt gravity gods.  With all the wind it gets a little difficult to hear the beeps at those speeds.  I've got my tiltback set at 48 kph, but I've never noticed it kicking in ever.  I still need to set it low to get a feel for what it's like. I think having about a 10-15 kph safety reserve speed can be wise so you know you're still well protected.

Well I get to beeps at 28-30 mph, usually closer to 30 when fully charged and if what they say is to be true, that is 80% of through put so in theory 36 mph should be possible :P

Theory and reality often do not match especially when multiple factors are involved.    The hard truth is that there is no safety net when riding one wheel at high speeds.  Many people need a slap back to reality (or some loss of skin) before they realize that while others are vigilantly mindful of what pushing those boundaries can lead to.

I took a longer journey today and returned with 4 LEDs on the battery indicator.  It was extremely windy (40-60 kph winds) plus my speaker kept loosening up so I had to stop to secure it a few times.  Add in stopping at a few traffic lights.  Even with the Tesla I nearly got blown over a few times, plus just trying to ride in a straight line meant leaning quite far over to one side to compensate for the wind!

This Tesla is a blast to ride.  

gXmKmhsr.jpg

roDwq0O.jpg

Nc137RPr.png

• 1 month later...

It was a scorching 33°C today followed by gale force winds of 100 kph and a quick drop in temperature.   I had to delay my usual ride until the wind settled down to about 50 kph.  It was so windy at certain spots I could barely manage a crawl.  Made it home safe and sound so that’s good.  :efefc8626c:  Bonus was that there were hardly any people around. 

Screenshot_20180713-215557.png

Screenshot_20180713-215601.png

Screenshot_20180713-215608.png

On a side note, I wore my shoe lights as it was getting darker, and they worked out really well.  Highly recommended for Tesla riders or anyone who wants a little more visibility. 

10 hours ago, stephen said:

i bought this for the colder evenings plus i might still look adude at 50 lol?

https://ldmotorcycles.co.uk/products/ldm-street-r-kevlar-armoured-hoodie

DSC_0453_large_2x.jpg

I often wear something similar... http://www.ssgear.com/usa_english/cruise-missile-armored-hoody.html

Not only does it seem less intimidating than full body armour, it is a quick way to get geared up and the pads stay in the correct place.

I also have the more "formal" version...  

lastmanstanding_motoshirt_blk_frnt3qt_2.

http://www.ssgear.com/usa_english/last-man-standing-armored-motoshirt.html

• 3 weeks later...

Ow ow ow :crying:so I threw moderation to the wind today and decided to go for an extended ride of 1.5 hours through the hilly off-road park and my usual route through neighbourhood pathways for a total of 45 km.  Now I'm paying for it!  :cry2:  My calves are super sore, and I can barely walk!   Ouch... I didn't notice how sore they were getting while riding, but once off the wheel it is really hurting!  I made two brief stops for traffic lights on my journey.  The second isn't showing for some odd reason.

On a positive note now I know my wheel can outlast me with still 31% battery left.  I also learned taking rest breaks is probably a good idea because you don't feel it in your legs until you try to walk. Which I can't currently do at the moment. :blink1:

Screenshot_20180805-165156.png

Screenshot_20180805-165200.png

Screenshot_20180805-165204.png

48 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ow ow ow :crying:so I threw moderation to the wind today and decided to go for an extended ride of 1.5 hours through the hilly off-road park and my usual route through neighbourhood pathways for a total of 45 km.  Now I'm paying for it!  :cry2:  My calves are super sore, and I can barely walk!   Ouch... I didn't notice how sore they were getting while riding, but once off the wheel it is really hurting!  I made two brief stops for traffic lights on my journey.  The second isn't showing for some odd reason.

On a positive note now I know my wheel can outlast me with still 31% battery left.  I also learned taking rest breaks is probably a good idea because you don't feel it in your legs until you try to walk. Which I can't currently do at the moment. :blink1:

Screenshot_20180805-165156.png

Screenshot_20180805-165200.png

Screenshot_20180805-165204.png

wow the speed ?

looking at your speed and mileage you've done hunka is your wheel a telsa 1020wh ,,I'd love to hear your view on my post plz

??

Archived