Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Reacting Well
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. The reason Russia doesn't want bordering countries to join NATO is because Russia plans on invading those countries one day and it doesn't want to fight NATO. Russia (i.e. Putin and his gangsters) were always going to invade Ukraine and decided to invade before Ukraine could join NATO and thus close their window of opportunity. Finland and Sweden need to join NATO because if they don't they will be invaded one day as that is in Russia's plan. Russia always lies and they will never reveal their true intent, but instead give other reasons to sow doubt and confusion (propaganda) ... but make no mistake, not joining NATO as a way to appease Russia is playing into Russia's trap and will almost certainly lead to invasion at some point in the future. The Ukraine invasion was never going to be stopped by peace talks and negotiations because that invasion was planned and NATO membership is the only thing that would have caused Russia to think twice before invading. The reasons Russia give for invading are all just red herrings to push the blame onto Ukraine and the West.
  2. Latest government report on UK e-scooter regulation Regulating Electric Scooters - 01 September 2021 (UK Gov Report)
  3. This whole saga is much worse than expected. Its now looking like another 2 years before PEVs can be legalised...
  4. Here's an update on e-scooter legalisation for UK. A report on UK e-scooter trials is due in Spring 2022, so it will be some time after this before any decision is likely to be made. I've attached a response from DFT to this effect.
  5. The Indiegogo campaign had many problems and some US backers still haven't received their L9s yet and many received the wrong package with incorrect accessories and extras. The covid-19 problems together with warehouse theft and warehouse relabelling shipments without regard to package contents has left some US backers still waiting for a resolution. Key members of the Inmotion team have also left the company which has led to further delays and lack of response from InMotion. So, I would call the campaign a disaster. However, I am in the UK and I did receive my L9 and also experienced good support when my L9 arrived faulty. There are still a few bugs in the FW that need resolved, such as incorrect battery level display on dashboard and some users experiencing overheat issues on long hill climbs, which could be due to FW or in some cases the controller. I would say that the L9 is a great e-scooter if the bugs get fixed, but the claimed range of up to 59 miles is not reality and most users ride full speed and so get closer to 20 miles real world range. The scooter also doesn't maintain 18.9 mph max speed when the battery level drops, but it does manage to remain above 16 mph until the battery dies. Hope this helps.
  6. I believe that may have been the case as someone commented to that effect, but still harsh.
  7. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/uninsured-e-scooter-rider-jailed-20196921
  8. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/16/shapps-plan-get-e-scooters-road-hits-speed-bumps/ Shapps’ plan to get e-scooters on the road hits speed bumps The government's adviser will not report back on whether to give electric scooters the green light until the end of October ByOliver Gill16 January 2021 • 8:00pm Hopes are fading that ministers will legalise the use of electric scooters on Britain’s roads before the end of the year. Grant Shapps, the Transport Secretary, sought to “fast-track” the legalisation of e-scooters last spring as officials scrambled to prevent a spike in car use when the first lockdown was eased. Some £2bn was allocated towards cycling, walking and new modes of transport to also relieve pressure on buses and trains. A two-week consultation to legalise e-scooters was launched in May, with 12-month trials rolled out shortly after. “We are on the cusp of a transport revolution,” Mr Shapps said at the time. “Our groundbreaking future of transport programme marks the biggest review of transport laws in a generation and will pave the way for exciting new transport technology to be tested.” Prior to the trials, it was legal to buy an e-scooter but not to ride it on public roads, cycle lanes or pavements. It was hoped that the trials would pave the way for e-scooters to be formally legalised by the summer of this year. However, there have been a series of delays getting the trials up and running. They are finally due to start in London this spring, for example, following resistance from borough councils. A government filing now reveals that its own adviser will not report back on whether to give e-scooters the green light until the end of October. Arup, a consultancy, has been hired to conduct a “national evaluation of e-scooter trials” on behalf of the Department for Transport. Its contract, which involves taking industry soundings and will cost taxpayers £850,000, is due to be completed on Oct 27. Whitehall officials will then have to consider Arup’s findings before considering whether to change road laws. Tom McPhail, director of public affairs at Pure Electric said: “Scooters help solve three big challenges for the Government: climate change, urban air quality and social mobility. “Given the levelling-up agenda and the global climate conference they’re hosting later this year, it makes no sense they’re not moving faster.” A spokesman for the Department for Transport said: “E-scooter trials will run until the autumn of 2021 to help us understand their impact on public space and other road users. “Evidence collected through the 
trials, alongside wider public stakeholder engagement, will inform our decision on whether to proceed with any legislative changes and, if so, on what basis.”
  9. I've been absent for a while, so sorry for my late reply. Yes, I have received my L9 and it seems very well built compared to my Xiaomi M365 Pro. Its built like a tank and quite heavy at 24kg, My Xiaomi feels like a toy by comparison. There are several reviews on YouTube now on this e-scooter and all are pretty positive. I am happy with my choice, but I haven't been able to ride it as my L9 arrived DOA and won't power on. I am working with InMotion to diagnose and fix it.
  10. Here is an example of a Xiaomi M365 Pro motor after riding in rain often (it wasn't submerged)...
  11. Motor bearings will need replaced and the motor stripped down and any corrosion treated. Don't leave it too long before you open it up and ensure it gets completely dry. Its probably worth fixing if you are able to do this yourself.
  12. Its a shame there is no Android version as Android has 75% market share.
  13. Remove the inner tube, inflate to expand the tube and hold under water and look for slow formation of bubbles. You will find the problem, but you need to remove the tube to properly check it and repair any problem.