Gotway Tesla Error - Wont shut off, gyro stabilizer not working

Sarovak

Hey! 

I had a small accident and my Gotway Tesla fell and spun a bit on the ground. When I tried to pick it up again it wouldn't stabilize. I tried to put it down sideways again, then lift it back upright and again, it wouldn't do it. Then I tried to shut it off, but it wouldn't do that either. I took a small film of it when I got home. I took out the batteries and motherboard, nothing looked wrong, no cables lose. I didn't know how to get to the motor, so i couldn't check that.  I tried to search for any store or sites that sell replacement parts, but I found nothing. 

Thanks for any help :) 

Did you check the motor cable near the axle to make sure it's not pinched from the cover shell?  Maybe check your power switch to see if the connections are okay.  Usually after a wheel drops, it will beep, and you have to reset it by powering off and on.  If the power button connection was damaged the wheel might not reset properly?  It does look like it is able to change the light settings so that is strange.  :blink:  Starting to regret my Gotway purchase...

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Did you check the motor cable near the axle to make sure it's not pinched from the cover shell?  Maybe check your power switch to see if the connections are okay.  Usually after a wheel drops, it will beep, and you have to reset it by powering off and on.  If the power button connection was damaged the wheel might not reset properly?  It does look like it is able to change the light settings so that is strange.  :blink:  Starting to regret my Gotway purchase...

Don't let one crashed wheel affect your vision of this new wheel. He didn't provide a video that showed what kind of crash it went through. A big chunk of the side padding has been ripped off. Probably a violet crash. Unlike the Gotway America video where the wheel was all padded up, this one wasn't. S*!t happens as they say.

I hope so!  There was that other guy @jzamora who had similar problems.  I wonder what the problem is with some of these as the Gotway America video was pretty reassuring.  I don't normally crash my wheels,  but sometimes they drop to the side accidentally.  

Mine is still stuck at UPS while they figure out some import details.  :rolleyes:  Weather's not cooperating either so can only do some limited tests if it ever arrives.

It's interesting how people's first post is often  "HELP ME!!!"

i know mine was.  Something about sore ankle bones, if I recall.

@Sarovak. This will get sorted.  It may take a few days but eventually your new Gotway will be as reliable as anyone else's ?

Oh, and welcome. ??

On 6.11.2017 at 11:46 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thank you for the suggestion. It looked a little bit pinched, and they're sending a replacement cover for it now. But I'm still worried that the damage is already done. Maybe I need new cables? We'll see when I get the replacement. 

On 7.11.2017 at 8:26 AM, Marty Backe said:

Don't let one crashed wheel affect your vision of this new wheel. He didn't provide a video that showed what kind of crash it went through. A big chunk of the side padding has been ripped off. Probably a violet crash. Unlike the Gotway America video where the wheel was all padded up, this one wasn't. S*!t happens as they say.

I damaged it a bit when I tried to open it up, dont ask how I did that. But yeah, the crash was also a bit over the normal ones I've had. The wheel fell to the side, spun itself really hard so that it propelled itself up a few centimeters over the ground, then spun itself around again when it landed half on its side. Powerful wheel indeed.  

Worst case I'll just replace all its parts. 

On 7.11.2017 at 8:39 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I hope so!  There was that other guy @jzamora who had similar problems.  I wonder what the problem is with some of these as the Gotway America video was pretty reassuring.  I don't normally crash my wheels,  but sometimes they drop to the side accidentally.  

Mine is still stuck at UPS while they figure out some import details.  :rolleyes:  Weather's not cooperating either so can only do some limited tests if it ever arrives.

His beepings sounds different than mine, but with similar gyro problems. I'm still hopeful that mine will work after I fully drain the battery and change the pinching side panel.

On 7.11.2017 at 11:48 AM, Smoother said:

It's interesting how people's first post is often  "HELP ME!!!"

i know mine was.  Something about sore ankle bones, if I recall.

@Sarovak. This will get sorted.  It may take a few days but eventually your new Gotway will be as reliable as anyone else's ?

Oh, and welcome. ??

I hope so! :D Worst case is that I'll just buy a new motor, cables and main bord. Riding this is too fun to stop. 

6 hours ago, Sarovak said:

I'm still hopeful that mine will work after I fully drain the battery

:blink1::huh: How can you fully drain the battery?  Don't do that!  It will destroy the battery!  But instead, send the wheel back for service.:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

i am someday getting  tesla and i need it to just work in the long run i dont have any problems with opening stuff and fixing them but as i can see i need some padding of some sort but i dont know what where i can buy anything

and i could maybe just do it diy my dad has a big peice of some hard foam type plastic i can put on but i want to hear some alternatives or is this just what you do to protect wheels?

when i buy it will be one of the most expensive things i have bought and a lot of hard work and if it just breaks while i crash once because i didnt put padding on it then.. :wacko:

image.jpeg.7ec986ae4ed2997e1770dfd3e0c1095b.jpeg @Shad0z usually a new wheel comes with some rolls of this soft foam padding, it's called baby protection padding.  You can buy it online.  It has sticky tape on one side to stick it to the wheel.  Lay the wheel down and imagine which edges and areas would hit the ground and pad it in those areas.

Or, you could get some foam that goes under carpet and wrap it all the way around the wheel and use duct tape to hold it on.  It looks ugly, but is only temporary, and is easily removed when you have learned to ride well enough not to fall off.

Archived