Unbranded KS Padding Now Available

Jason McNeil

Two of the most common KS dislikes is the deep power-on 'Hello King Song' baritone voice prompt, which has the unwanted side-effects of frightening small children & enraging dogs, & the logo of questionable artistic merit, prominently emblazoned on the side padding. 
The first of these has been corrected—or at least suppressible through the firmware—& finally we have plain padding available for the KS14D/KS14S/KS16/KS18 series. 

Going forward, most of our new KS Wheels will be sold without logos. eWheels Customers get free shipping on parts, including these pads. 

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjODZUMVpQe

https://www.ewheels.com/shop/

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjR0FUMUlYV

In regards to the pads, can thry they be safely taken off using, say, alcohol or some milder chemical?

Where my legs are the logo is mostly gone. Don't know if the logo is rubbing off or whether I'm depositing something onto the logo. Don't really want to risk weakening the pad skin...

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Massive improvement.  I was resolved to having to do as some have done and paper over the loud KS logo with some sort of thin foam.  This is a much more elegant solution.

It's very easy to replace side pads, basically you just peel off the old ones.  I've also done the following changes to make the wheel look exactly like I want:

* replaced black shiny side shells with Matt ones, kept shiny top part for contrast.

* Paint pedals black Matt + convert them to magnetic closure.

8 hours ago, Nick R said:

Jason.. what is the latest words on the 18S trolley handle kit ? Are you still trying to make that available ? 

Joey's just posted this today. ACM handle seems to work best (or second best, @KingSong69 has a German type, which is superior)
He tried adapting the V5F handle, but he wasn't able to get a securely fitted clamp around contoured handle. 

@Jason McNeil

16 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Joey's just posted this today. ACM handle seems to work best (or second best, @KingSong69 has a German type, which is superior)
He tried adapting the V5F handle, but he wasn't able to get a securely fitted clamp around contoured handle. 

To confirm... did you say that the kit used in this video is an ACM handle kit ? 
If so... I didn't see this kit available on Ewheels site. 
Where do we find one ? 

Thx

31 minutes ago, Nick R said:

@KingSong69 Jason mentioned you have something for this ? Do you have a link to a demo ? etc ?

Thanks

I guess he means my style of doing a trolley on the ks18’s:

Godmggv.jpg

LBjJ2A3.jpg

The only thing i need now....is one set of unbranded KS18 pads....but @Jason McNeil semas to want a quite high bribery before sending a set to Germany :-)

whoever wants this trolley search “allit” on ebay germany, about 22euro, the seller is friendly and can for sure ship a bit wider away if you ask!

Archived