The New Mavic Drone was released today!

Rehab1

10 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Guys! Selling house is soo 90s. I'm selling this bridge ( shot with Phantom 3 Advanced)  for $22 millions. Any takers?

Awesome! Did you shoot the footage? 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard that my long awaited AirSelfie has shipped! Another one of those GoFundMe - Kickstarter projects...but this one actually came to fruition! Not sure what I am going to use it for. Might be fun when I visit @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's Brothel House!:laughbounce2:

:furious:  No no - strictly no photography or video at Hunka's Plus Members Only House of Love.  There will be some "after ride" take home videos and photos you may purchase on your way out through the gift store though at discounted prices.  :whistling:

BTW you guys are so lucky to be able to fly all over the place.  Some guy flew his drone too close to the airport so they have virtually banned all drones except for over private property I think.  I don't know the exact rules, but no way can you fly over traffic... where's the fun in that?  I wanted to shoot my own "Matrix" footage zooming around cars on the freeway!  :w00t2:

Ok fine maybe I shouldn't be allowed to own a drone... :cry2:

44 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

Yes with my trusted Phantom 3 Advanced. BTW I have "Tile" attached to my drone!

My tile is attached as well. I also purchased another similar version called the TrackR for the P4. I have not had a chance to compare the two yet but they should provide some piece of mind while flying

Mavic Pro 5in1 Multi Charger Review, Charge test & Giveaway.

This review is also our celebration that we have passed 1000 subscribers on YouTube. Thank you so much for your support and we want to celebrate this with a giveaway of a brand new Mavic Pro 5in1 multi charger

GIVEAWAY PARTIPATION LINK:

https://gleam.io/M97rF/5in1-battery-charger-usb-give-away

On 9/5/2017 at 0:28 PM, Henrik Olsen said:

Mavic Pro 5in1 Multi Charger Review, Charge test & Giveaway.

This review is also our celebration that we have passed 1000 subscribers on YouTube. Thank you so much for your support and we want to celebrate this with a giveaway of a brand new Mavic Pro 5in1 multi charger

GIVEAWAY PARTIPATION LINK:

https://gleam.io/M97rF/5in1-battery-charger-usb-give-away

Ending today 

• 1 month later...

Thanks!! Some write up here, for USA market anyway. 

I'm a UX practitioner and a Phantom  pilot. I combined those skills and came up with a drone delivery app concept. 
We all heard about drone delivery attempts in the media now and then and we also know it is not yet a main stream proven delivery platform. 
To that extent, I assumed few things with my knowledge in the sUAV industry and designed this app. Once we get pass the FAA regulations, local laws, assumption is that most businesses offer drone deliveries with some limitations. As of now nobody figured out all the details as how to deliver to every address. In this regard for the app's sake, assumption is that even mom and pop stores offer drone deliveries and every one has accessible front yard, backyard or a certain tight space where a package can be delivered by a lowering a tether in the presence of the recipient. Also assumed third party drone apps somehow integrates local businesses and seamless shopping without leaving the app. 

Interestingly while designing the app, few new things came into the picture that we never experienced before. With air borne deliveries it may be possible to cancel an order while the drone is still in the mid air! It may even be possible to drop deliveries without a registered address, like an open field with GPS coordinates sent to the drone. Traditionally this has never been the case. 

Also if the signature is needed, we can assume if the package is lowered by tether, the recipient must unhook the package and that may serve as a signature needed requirement. 

In case of returns, a savvy customer can send his own autonomous drone at a later date to return the package back to a near by facility that handles drone returns. 

As you can see, being a new delivery platform, new possibilities emerge as the industry mature. 

At this point, I just designed a rudimentary, happy path proof of concept. To my knowledge this *may* be the first of it's kind in this space. I understand that user experience can be improved in the functional app with certain gestures and meaningful animations. For example if an item is dragged to the drone, drone icon may wiggle with vibration of the handset, along with a visual cue. 
Or an item can be deleted from the drone, if you swipe left. 

But more than that, I would like to hear all of your comments/ideas as this is pretty new to all of us. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mavic owners beware! Don’t forget to remove your gimbal cover/lock before startup like I did! Big dummy me! Both my gimbal ribbon cable and circuit board fried. Luckly I found a guy to repair it for $100.

These tiny cables are extremely fragile! I now put a red piece of velcro on the gimbal cover/lock  to remind myself just in case. 

37857666622_c90bb4cca5_b.jpg37178934914_a64c7e166c_b.jpg

On 9/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Rehab1 Hey check out this underwater drone!  It might come in handy to help retrieve and take a looksee underwater.  :whistling: 

It looks like he forgot to put the cap on the port on top of the drone.  But it seemed to work fine.  Probably never again, though.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:26 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Rehab1 Hey check out this underwater drone!  It might come in handy to help retrieve and take a looksee underwater.  :whistling: 

That is awesome! Unforunately the water clarity around here is terrible!. Have you seen Toledo’s algae bloom on the news lately? 

A salt water lake would be perfect for this drone (or a bikini stocked motel pool );)

37181753424_7f41af0f4c_b.jpg

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Mavic owners beware! Don’t forget to remove your gimbal cover/lock before startup like I did! Big dummy me! Both my gimbal ribbon cable and circuit board fried. Luckly I found a guy to repair it for $100.

These tiny cables are extremely fragile! I now put a red piece of velcro on the gimbal cover/lock  to remind myself just in case. 

37178934914_a64c7e166c_b.jpg

Ah! Gimbal Lock! Yes - been there done that, survived though :) But did the same thing as you afterwards - printed out a warning label with a red Dymo tape

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Mavic is costing more than the Phantom now, has more features but the smaller size means it can't handle wind as well.  ( I think)   The Yuneec with it's much larger rotors could hover motionless in 35mph wind.

But due to it's much larger size and weight, the Yuneec was also much more dangerous to fly near people.

For all you flyers:

I'm doing a Christmas countdown with 24 Christmas Drone Tips. Today's tip is with Ken Heron in own person ;-)

DAY 6: KEN HERON https://youtu.be/BWxRXSQU_rA

DAY 5: GOLDEN HOUR - https://youtu.be/jwOum8gD8DU

DAY 4: REVERSE FOOTAGE - https://youtu.be/aqn7EB14EIs

DAY 3: YOUTUBE MUSIC - https://youtu.be/sncXG925e8s

DAY 2: LETTERBOX  - https://youtu.be/gxa10bN2ujs

DAY 1: LUTS IN FOOTAGE - https://youtu.be/sIfVDXXxAL8

I'm uploading a new video every day with my own or tips from guests on the channel so stop by if you want to see what is going on ;-)

Archived