The New Mavic Drone was released today!

Rehab1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not funding anything drone related on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. The harsh reality is, Chinese guys are beating those innovators on Kickstarter and offering a much cheaper (same) product even before the funding closes. Sad but true.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:06 AM, Planetpapi said:

I'm not funding anything drone related on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. The harsh reality is, Chinese guys are beating those innovators on Kickstarter and offering a much cheaper (same) product even before the funding closes. Sad but true.

You are correct and it happens fast and to frequent! Sure the plans and specs are immediately sent off to other companies for reverse engineering . Oh well it looked interesting!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

The little Mavic holds its position fairly well while hovering in 35mph wind gusts!

That's impressive stability.  That means it can fly more than 35mph with no wind, that's pretty freakin fast.

1 hour ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@Rehab1 can you control the hormones of your Mavic, mine is out of control ?

So Funny! Did you produce the video?

We love riding our electric unicycles and fly Mavic Pro so what better combination than taking them both to the MAX at a local airfield. It was a strong wind 10-12m/s så the Mavic Pro was struggling at times. It was a super trip with fantastic weather, despite I managed to get a drone injury. 

57 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

What do you guys think of this new design? It's a bendable and flexible frame for a drone. 

Pretty cool! Creativity has no boundaries.  

Do you need an ND filter? How do you select the right filter for a given scene.

I made this beginners tutorial covering the basics around ND filters for your Mavic Pro and to help you select the right ND filter for a specific scene/light.

On 3/21/2017 at 4:16 AM, Henrik Olsen said:

Do you need an ND filter? How do you select the right filter for a given scene.

I made this beginners tutorial covering the basics around ND filters for your Mavic Pro and to help you select the right ND filter for a specific scene/light.

Well produced video! I have the PolarPro Cinematic series filters that I have been playing around with. Your tutorial helped me understand the process of picking the correct filter much easier! Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

Beautiful Austin, Texas, with my P3 Advanced, yesterday. 

Beautiful footage!:cheers:

Would you appreciate some Mavic shots of my yard showing all of the dog poops?:facepalm:

Archived