Inmotion V5F+ review

fearedbliss

54 minutes ago, DS said:

There is another option to increase the range and you know it...:P

Yes, you got me there. I need to go back into it and start losing again. I want to be slim and handsome again!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Inmotion held an event for the V5F over the weekend, has some pretty cool scenes of the skills of their test riders.

I gotta go practice. I feel clumsy after watching this. Niiiceeee!!!!

Outsch, the postal code my unit was sent to was false. Just called DPD, they corrected it. This means a delivery delay of 1-2 days. :blink: And the best: I already sold my NB1, will ship it this evening and I am an usual pedestrian for the next days :P ETA of the wheel: Saturday (this week)

Nice Video by the way. I need to practice driving an one leg! The Ninebot made strange noises doing it, I guess these problems are gone with the V5F..

ETA: expected to be delivered today between 9-10 am. I should call my wife to get the Wheel charged immediately... So everything is prepared when I am back home..

1 hour ago, Fahrtwind said:

ETA: expected to be delivered today between 9-10 am. I should call my wife to get the Wheel charged immediately... So everything is prepared when I am back home..

Ha ha - be careful - she might get tempted by it's gorgeous design and try it herself and you'll ordering second one :D Congrats on the pre-weekend delivery! Hopefully you'll have nice weather to enjoy you new ride ...

Awesome!! wow..an exact delivery time.  Hopefully I can get a time frame as well.  Enjoy and be safe on your new ride?

@Jason McNeil Thanks a bunch for the kind update! Every dealer should be have your excellent customer service!:) 

WOW..I never knew FedEx delivered such heavy loads. 907 Lbs/411 kgs. Must be a big Big Skid! If I was down in Florida I would gladly help you unpack. Thanks again!

Wow, I am blown away! This Wheel is so beautiful! Please give me more time to write a detailed review, I don't have much time this weekend. The processing quality is same if not better than the ninebot. Compared to the E it is light! 2kg make a big difference! 

image.jpeg

Unexpected I found some minutes!! I am so excited I just have to do it,

Here are some of my thoughts about the V5F+ compared to the ninebot

But at first: The shopping experience was great. There are not a lot of informations about the wheel available, but  @Jason McNeil did a good job to present specs and details. As far as I can say, he did not make any promises that did not become true. I heard about him 2 weeks ago, but it was a kind of blind trust. And I have not been disappointed. He handled the wheel for a fair price, questions have been answered within hours (when he was sleeping) and within minutes (when he was awake). So thanks @Jason McNeil, I am one of the first if not the first proud owner of the V5F+ in Germany.

Ok, what you all really want to know is something about the wheel, right?

My personal impressions

This may vary from person to person, but this is the most beautiful Wheel I have seen so far in real live. 

The Quality is great, surface, haptic everything lets you feel you are holding  a high quality product in your Hand.

The pedals have so much more grip, I am not sure how long this kind of Sand Paper surface will offer this good grip as it gets used und dirty, we will see. But for now it is a night and day difference.

The pedals are much higher! This lifts up the center of gravity a bit. This was the aspect I was a little bit worried about as I did not know, how this would influence the whole driving experience.

But….

In my eyes it is a big advantage! This wheel is so handy, maneuverable! If you do very narrow slalom it is easier to throw the wheel from one to the other side. This makes it also more sensitive to changes in balance. You have to get used to it, but I like it. I had so many dangerous moments with the NB1 doing narrow curves and scratching with the pedals over the street.

The sensitivity is high, it feels hard. I was used to driving mode 3 with the ninebot. This may be a 1 or 2..

The acceleration is good, but I did not push the wheel to the limits. My max speed was 22km/h measured with the app, I need more time for testing. The wheel is really quiet on speed even more quiet as the NB, on low speed the Motor of the NB feels a bit smoother. Difficult to describe but you can feel and hear „steps“ from the Motor like a Stepper motor with a lower stepper resolution (I know that from building many 3D Printer) But these are very small differences. The wheel behaves good, doing hard brakes, direction changes, going back and forth. I rode quite fast over our lawn - the NB1 made a rattling sound as the battery knocked around in the housing. The V5F is smooth, no unusual noises.

Driving on one leg is A LOT easier with this wheel. The position of the protective Pads is great for one leg wheeling, the hight of the pedals helps because the leverage that pushes against your leg is smaller! Of course it is also caused by wheel size.

There are useful accessories available like the handle bar and the protective bag. I have both, the quality is comparable to the wheel. I like the bag, it is hold in position with hooks an has some reflective stripes on it.

As I already mentioned, this wheel feels a lot lighter (2kg less than ninebot). It is a lot more handy thanks to smaller dimensions. If you do 180° turns it is easier to throw it around, less weight you have to move. For the camping holiday, for me this is the better wheel. I am not sure how comfortable a 14 inch wheel is on long distances (compared to 16“).

I like being able to see the battery level while charging! The Plug for charging is free from orientation.

The rubber letter „M“ on the pedals prevents the pedals from scratching the cover.

There are a kind of protection pads for the ankle in the package. If you are experienced, you don´t need them. I never touch the cover with my ankles while riding.

What else? Oh, the power plug is for UK only - luckily I had a EU cable as a spare.

Have a nice weekend, I will have ;-)

Manu

I got the black V5f+ this week after a @Jason McNeil from Wheelgo dot com came through on his commitment and shipped within a week! (Actually the same day as they arrived in UK). Thanks Jason, you rock. 

This is my first EUC and it is awesome. After 30 minutes I managed to do some slow rounds, and after an hour I was going down the road... (be it rather wobbly) The wheel is a real beauty too, and the foldable handle looks awesome. The handle is super easy to pull up and fold away, and does not look like a spare part but rather quite integrated. The weight of the wheel is good, would not carry it for miles, but carrying up and down the stairs is easy. The front light is actually remarkably good, as I tested last night in the dark. The foot pads are very grippy, as I am used from skateboards. Great choice of material. If it ever gets destroyed, it'll be easy to replace. 

I did put a few scratches on it already though :unsure:, so will get the protective bag too. So far I keep the wheel from crashing by attaching 2 lanyard cords to the carying handle, so I can stop the wheel from falling when I come off it. I can't wait to start commuting on this. I was long looking for an electric skateboard, but this is so much better with bumpy roads, cracks, dirt etc. Happy I made the choice for the V5F+. 

The only thing I miss is a possibility to park it when switched off. As the wheel is then disengaged, you cannot just put it against a wall, as it rolls away. A corner works, or as I have done, the foam padding that came in the box. Anyone that can come up with a nice kick stand, let me know!

I just did 15km on it the last 2 days, and the battery is at 68%. Wow! 

I can fully recommend this wheel, even if I am only a EUC newbie. 

V5F+ black.JPG

33 minutes ago, Bert Boerman said:

The only thing I miss is a possibility to park it when switched off.

If you need something for home, you can buy stands made from wire or acrylic. For traveling it's a bit trickier, I haven't seen solutions that are both portable and pretty.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-Unicycle-Stand/32468061152.html

This is the looking with the Protection bag. Not sure if it will work in combination with handle an the dirt catcher... However I do not plan to keep it on all the time  The NB1 had no remarkable scratches except on the pedals... I am an experienced and carefull driver ;-)

image.jpeg

Damn you all guys! I'm trying so hard to resist and NOT order this wheel but it's so difficult with all the pictures of this beautiful piece ... :wub:

And @Jason McNeil is not making it any easier with his superb service. Sigh.

@HEC  Go For It! Just look how beautiful the V5F+ is! Imagine yourself climbing aboard and riding around and all of the people staring with envy! Live the dream buddy! White or black? Both look awesome! Contact @Jason McNeil immediately!!!?

How did I do Jason? If pediatric rehab goes south can I come work for you? Actually if my wife finds out I bought one I will be headed south!

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

If you need something for home, you can buy stands made from wire or acrylic. For traveling it's a bit trickier, I haven't seen solutions that are both portable and pretty.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-Unicycle-Stand/32468061152.html

Cool, for home that looks pretty good. Perhaps another one for the office. Just need something then to show off while on the road.. ;-)

@Paddylaz I am not constantly looking at the speed, but I think really only after 25kmh. There is no beeping at all, just a sexy female voice saying "danger, slow down" when you pass the limit. I don't think you can change the warning message like the ninebot, but you can set the volume of the device. On lowest setting you won't hear anything. 

Edit: see comment @JonTheMad You can customize the sound settings indeed. 

@Bert Boerman 

I have the V3 model it uses the same app. You can replace the warning sound with "the sound of silence". Go to DIY music settings.

SCV --> Status --> Sound customisation --> DIY --> "danger please slow down" and record silence by pressing the microphone symbol 

Well I played a bit with the sounds, I was not able to change the system sounds to a different sound pack. "Music upload failed". Even own recordered 2s files "Files too long, not enough memory"

However, I played too much. Sounds are not working at all! I already tried a reset at the charging connector. Factory Sounds are active, Volume max. Any Ideas?

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ok, I definitely found a problem with the App. Don't change anything with the App until it is fixed! I changed the Speed Limit to 24. There is no way back to 25. Every time I connect, it is back to 24. I had a personal Message of someone who limited the speed to 20 and he cannot change it back to 25!

@Jason McNeil can you help? Maybe it is a Software/Firmware bug...

Edit: problems solved!

Archived