JumpMaster

Pebble App and Data Logger for King Song [RELEASED]

235 posts in this topic

Battery level would be really nice! 

Would it be only for the pebble or any other smart watch? Android wear? 

Just for Pebble at the moment I'm afraid.  I know how to program for Android and Pebble.  I do have access to a Moto 360 so that's a possibility in the future.

Would be a reason for me to buy a pebble....but: i dont use android ...only IOS :-(

I'd like the challenge of designing an app for the Apple Watch, but only if the forum actually have these..?

Hi, will the app be only functional with the watch or  it will be like normal app that just adds support for the watch? If usable without watch could you add logging? (speed, battery, wattage, mileage)

Yep that should be easy enough to implement.  The plan will be

1. Make crappy Pebble PoC using decompiled code.
  2. Using Googles BLE Example as a template create a well made app and service for talking to the wheel. (auto-connects when the connections drops and runs in the background)
  3. Add logging support.

The time between steps 1 and 3 should be pretty short. Looks like my wheel is on track to arrive next week so hopefully this should happen before then end of the month.

If / when this works it may convince me to finally get a Pebble. Although I'm waiting for an improved Round version. :D

Doesn't look like there'll be a new round anytime soon. Pebble 2 and Time 2 are currently on kickstarter with delivery dates in November. Maybe next year. You'll want to use this app before then though ;)

On 14. Juni 2016 at 10:25 AM, Michael David de Gans said:

I'd like the challenge of designing an app for the Apple Watch, but only if the forum actually have these..?

i mean that i would DIRECTLY buy a pebble if the appwould also work with my Iphone...

i think an IOS watch from apple you will hardly find any EUC users....

Picked up my KS16 on Friday so here is the first beta. Only three buttons. Scan to find your KingSong. If you're using in Android M and up you'll need to allow the location request. For some reason it's required for Bluetooth LE. Then click connect. Lastly if you want to start the Pebble App click Start.

Both the apk and pbw file for Pebble can be downloaded from GitHub.

Let me know your thoughts.

https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid/releases/tag/0.1

@JumpMaster Awesome programming skills! Congrats!

Putting a dowpayment on a KS16 tomorrow at EWheel. Want something a bit faster than the NB1. Won't be available till end of August. Was hoping the NB Pro would become available in the US but Segway put the brakes on.

How does the KS16 handle?

:blink: < @Rehab1 this is your conscience speaking... We haven't talked in a while.... Didn't you juuust pick up a Flamebot One E+?   Is the doghouse going to be a permanent residence?> ;)

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

LOL....is this my second wife speaking? Figure I have 2-3 months to Roomba my brain of the first conscience before my 2nd conscience or a little static hunka voice kicks in.?

Edited by Rehab1

Hey we're Flamebot bros so I have to help relay messages from your conscience to you.  Just picture me as a little Elvis with a halo riding a Ninebot balanced on your right shoulder.

<Reeeeehaaaab1.... this is your conscience again.... was the first hole you duuuuuug not deeeeep enough.... this second hole is almooooooost to China where you can go pick up your wheeeeel in peeeerson if the little woooooman ever fiiiiinds ooooooutttttt.....  she miiiight also fill in the hole beeeefore you geeeeetttt a chaaaance to riiidddeeee ittttt.  This peeeeebbble appp woooon't ssaaaave yooou froooooom the faaaaaceplant that sheeeee wiiiillll giiiive yoooou iiiiifff shhhheeee fiiinds oooooouuuuttttt > ;)

new APP:

wife.png

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

Beta 2 - https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogAndroid/releases/tag/0.2

• Launch the android app from the Pebble app. Hold the select button for 1 second. Android app launches, connects, and starts the Pebble service. Even when your phone is locked!
  • Added a data logger. Logs at 10Hz which is the update speed of the wheel. Saves the csv to Downloads/wheelLog/
  • Auto-connects on launch if there's been a previous successful connect. It also auto-reconnects if you have to turn the wheel on and off again.  Connections may take 10-30 seconds.

Any chance of a button on the pebble to sound the horn like it can be done through the app?

I need to push a commit but yes I've done that.  Long pressing the select key launches the Android app, short press plays the horn sound on the phone.  If the bluetooth to the wheel is connect it plays through the wheel.

RC1 now available with horn selection! :D

Edited by JumpMaster

I don't have a Pebble, but may buy one just to use this app. Maybe. B)