Pebble App and Data Logger for King Song [RELEASED]

JumpMaster

13 minutes ago, HEC said:

I second this as I'm currently lurking around purchasing Android watch with round 400x400 pixel screen. Maybe @JumpMaster will find some time to add option / selection for such screens? Would be a great help!

Why ?  , what's the problem with high resolution ?  , to small text ?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas wish list , Pebble app wheellog

carbon skin with high contrast text
gps map tracker that shows on a map where you have been and how long time it took
music player
and a logger that also logs temp
Burger King alarm , beeps when you are close to Burger King

18 hours ago, FLASH said:

Why ?  , what's the problem with high resolution ?  , to small text ?

Well it's round and fairly small so if you'll run the WheelLog app directly on such watch you'd not see much. It would be nice for the app to have the "watch" display mode selectable in the setting where only the circular part of the main screen is centred in the middle of "square" screen so it will nicely fit the circular watch showing all the important info - Speed, battery level and Temperature maybe also with added option to have a horn when you click the centre with the speed digits (the green section will be the "watch" mode defined screen with the red section actually visible on the watch itself):

WL.jpg

34 minutes ago, HEC said:

Well it's round and fairly small so if you'll run the WheelLog app directly on such watch you'd not see much. It would be nice for the app to have the "watch" display mode selectable in the setting where only the circular part of the main screen is centred in the middle of "square" screen so it will nicely fit the circular watch showing all the important info - Speed, battery level and Temperature maybe also with added option to have a horn when you click the centre with the speed digits (the green section will be the "watch" mode defined screen with the red section actually visible on the watch itself):

WL.jpg

aha I see

• 2 weeks later...

So here are some "real life" screenshots of @JumpMaster's  WheelLog on Android watch (400x400 pixels) -  just imagine seeing the circle imposed inside of those squares. As you can see in the full screen mode the app is "transparent" (and in the circle  you'll be missing some info and buttons) while in zoom mode you can see the full app.

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot5.png

screenshot6.png

screenshot7.png

screenshot8.png

screenshot9.png

• 1 month later...

Thanks to  @JumpMaster, for the brilliant app, also the horn function, with the ringtone, is very good to use ...

My question is:
Could be installed without much work in the Wheellog app a function with which the ringtone is selectable eg. As Mp3?

Many thanks to all who worked on the Wheellog and Pebble App ...!

On 6/13/2016 at 11:13 AM, JumpMaster said:

Could You be so kind and release the app with the capability to start on 320x320 pix samsung gear watch - it runs android, i have loaded it to the watch but it produce "There was a problem while parsing the package"  - I am ready to test it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update -  I have tried to install most current versions – 1.8 and 1.8.1, and also initial release- 1.0.1

on 320x320 pix Samsung Galaxy Gear watch SM-V700 (rooted and running regular android 4.2.2)

All return the same message on the watch – “There was a problem while parsing the package”

Would You be so kind to respond if it is possible to enable the app to run on the watch directly?  (I have next piece of SM-V700, but no pieces of Pebble around)

I am ready to beta-test such version in case You would agree to develop it. 

Image-46926886.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking... Anybody had seen JumpMaster active? Probably busy / winter break as  no single news since weeks (last message from Oct 8th 2016...  I am sorry if it looks like asking for release date..

Also - anybody tried to start the wheellog app on KW88 android 5.1 watch?  This is 400 x 400 pix display, (however round) for example here

http://allegro.pl/kw88-g-smartwatch-android-5-1-amoled-sim-gps-wifi-i6690028187.html?bi_s=ads&bi_m=p5&bi_c=197179

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

can s1 help me out on how to play this horn sound?

currently I cant even see an option to play a horn sound in the app?

its WheelLog  v.1.8 from playStore :(

and v.1.23 on the KS16b

... Nevermind, got it :D - it was disabled per default :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 3:51 PM, RenaissanceMan said:

@JumpMaster

Really great work, your WheelLog app, still very much used and appreciated!

Two months ago, I wrote about looking into porting the Pebble part to a Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch. Well, I was able to set up the Tizen SDK, generated various certificates required to install apps on my Gear S2 (took me days because of a wrong, hidden permission setting), managed to connect my smart phone to the Gear S2 and also to compile your WheelLog in Android studio.

Now I would have "just" to recode the GUI in Tizen. However, this turned out to be a real challenge because 1) Tizen has a unique widget library which is not very intuitive and with lots of special commands and 2) an incredibly slow and fragile development cycle even if one uses the emulator. So, for the moment I abandon this project, also because (a) the intersection of KingSong KS16 riders, WheelLog users, Android smart phone and Gear S2 owners is probably - ONE (myself), and (b)  because I prefer to wear my smartphone strapped onto my left arm: the screen is bigger than on the watch, it fits well with the wrist protectors, I can feel the vibration speed alarm well, and (c) I can operate other apps like Music or Runtastic, and (d) the smart phone needs to be out of my pockets to receive GPS signals anyway. So all in all I am better off with just the Android WheelLog app and really have no need for an Tizen Gear S2 version. Maybe if more people would call for a Tizen version I could come back to this and perhaps development tools will also improve over time.

I just now found this thread after using Wheel Log for many months. So Thanks @JumpMaster for the excellent app!

But the reason why I found this thread is because I am looking at getting the Gear S3 which runs Tizen, but would still be connected to my Android Nexus 6P. Any plans to start your Tizen project back up again @RenaissanceMan?

BTW, I recommend maybe moving this thread to General since WheelLog can also connect to Gotway wheels also.

28 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

I just now found this thread after using Wheel Log for many months. So Thanks @JumpMaster for the excellent app!

But the reason why I found this thread is because I am looking at getting the Gear S3 which runs Tizen, but would still be connected to my Android Nexus 6P. Any plans to start your Tizen project back up again @RenaissanceMan?

BTW, I recommend maybe moving this thread to General since WheelLog can also connect to Gotway wheels also.

Sorry, @Michael Vu, at the moment that would be quite inconvenient, mainly because it is summer and EUC riding time :D (but thanx for your interest anyway!)

Archived