Recently had a nasty fall on my gotway mcm4 pro.  Totally my fault though.    I wasn't paying attention to the road and literally ran into the side of a ramp at full speed.   I was ejected into the air....   I gotta say folks,  my ego was more bruised than my body.

It was horrifying,  and what's more...  I've been riding for almost a year now without any issues,  I just made a silly mistake I could have avoided.   It really is a question of when you will crash and not if.

Anyways... After the fall... I picked up my wheel and the tire seemed to have lost all the air,  I had to carry it for almost a mile home.   The tube seems to be torn as it does not even retain any air,  I miss riding already.  I don't know if slime would fix this or I need a new tube,  also I got a slightly bent rim.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/vMk9p

slime won't fix holes that are larger than a few milimetres..

I had the same problem 

I hit a curb and my tube teared and i got a bent rim..

you need to dissasemble your mcm to get to the wheel

then you take out the tube and if it's a tear you could get a new tube or try to fix it with tube patches

and the bent rim you can fix mine was not as bad as yours but if you use some tools and distribute pressure evenly you can bend it back but go slow and use even pressure on the point otherwise you will weaken the metal

what tire pressure was you on when riding? Dont use any lower than 40-45 to avoid snakebites

36 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Don't hammer on the rim, I've read that the magnets will get broken.  Maybe take off the tire and put a large adjustable crescent wrench on it and pull it back to shape.

hammering is a bad i dea i actually tried using the wrench and it worked well but mine was only very slightly bent

Sorry man. Glad your ok except for the bumps and bruises. You learned a big lesson. Pay attention! 

I contour aluminum daily and yes the motor magnets should not be compromised. I would first remove the tire from the rim like @Shad0z recommended.

Next you will use a propane torch sparingly ( I can already hear the screams) and moderately heat just the bent portion of the rim with the torch. *** You will not disrupt the magnets in anyway because your rim is acting like one large heat sink. If your worried about the heat simply place a digital medical thermometer or use someone’s finger placed near the inner portion of the rim wear the magnets are located.  The heat will not be excessive.

Basically what your trying to do is make the aluminum rim more malleable so it does not fracture during the next step.

Being the heat will displace rapidly once the torch is removed quickly place the rim in a vise sandwiched between 2 pieces of wood. The wood keeps the rim from becoming marred by the vise jaws. Slowly begin tightening the vise until the distorted rim becomes straight again. 

16 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Glad you ok, maybe time to get stronger wheel, msuper ?

Stronger wheel??!! he rode into what sounds like the vertical concrete side of an up ramp "at full speed". I'm surprised it sustained so little damage.

10 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Yes, but considering his weight/ road conditions etc., stronger wheel would have been (most likely) to absorb that and move on.... but I could be wrong.

We're obviously visualizing it differently.  Shame there was no video.  I'm going to go all Exoplanet and state "all wheels should come with onboard video, a dash cam of sorts"

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

We're obviously visualizing different to me.  Shame there was no video.  I'm going to go all Exoplanet and state "all wheels should come with onboard video, a dash cam of sorts"

Hmm they could put one of those 1 dollar camera modules in the euc design. It would actually be quite easy. But quality and shakiness wil suffer 

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Hmm they could put one of those 1 dollar camera modules in the euc design. It would actually be quite easy. But quality and shakiness wil suffer 

What $1 camera module.  Link?

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

What $1 camera module.  Link?

when you buy those cheap camera modules in bulk they each cost around 1$ but if they make 100eucs then its 100$..

Having a stronger wheel/ more power = safety (to a degree). I would love to see New version of Monster or 20" Monster. Im going back and forth in my mind about Msuper and Tesla, but the way 18" hugs the road and absorbs it, 16" just cant do. So, the 22" Monster will do this all much, much better = safer (im my eyes).

Archived