Which music artist/group do you listen to while riding?

litewave

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I play my songs over the KingSong speakers; I figure if I am not louder than the vehicles around me then no one has legitimate cause to complain.

In practice I find only a few songs work well over the wind and the ground roar, basically those that have a sharp high beat.

Cotton Fields by CCR.

Laisse Tomber.

Howling at Nothing.

Wagon Wheel.

Hillbilly Willy.

Booty Swing.

Steal my Sunshine.

Burning Love.

54 74 90 2006

This is how we do it.

Das hab ich gleich

All Summer Long.

Get Lucky.

Brokenhearted.

Long cool woman.

Do you love me?

Kids (2 finger an den Kopf)

Electric feel.

You win again.

Do the hustle.

A big hunk o love.

Geronimo.

Home we'll go.

Feel good inc.

I've got a bunch more but you get the idea...

I think you and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love share the same playlists.

Seriously. Has anyone shot at you while playing this music from your Singsong speakers in Missouri?

3 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

I'm still trying to get some EUC listeners for my original music. www.youtube.com/sidestreetreny www.sidestreetmusic.com

Hi Reny, your website www.sidestreetmusic.com isn't loading for me - it seems to be a DNS problem.

Besides YouTube, is your music available anywhere else online (streaming)? 

Edit: ha, found you in iTunes, should have looked there first. :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, litewave said:

I think you and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love share the same playlists.

Seriously. Has anyone shot at you while playing this music from your Singsong speakers in Missouri?

I can't hear the gunshots over the music.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/injured-in-hours-of-shootings-in-st-louis/article_0c7e4fc5-6747-5302-9b8d-c4c23dd181da.html

You must play music, softly or otherwise, when there's pedestrians around as virtually all of them are marching with their cellphones. Music gives them a heads up without being hostile like a verbal warning or a horn sound would, and popular music isn't generally offensive to most.

14 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I can't hear the gunshots over the music.

You must play music, softly or otherwise, when there's pedestrians around as virtually all of them are marching with their cellphones. Music gives them a heads up without being hostile like a verbal warning or a horn sound would, and popular music isn't generally offensive to most.

I would love to see a GoPro video of pedestrian reactions to "54 74 90 2006", followed by "Hillbilly Willy" blaring from your wheel.

1 hour ago, litewave said:

I would love to see a GoPro video of pedestrian reactions to "54 74 90 2006", followed by "Hillbilly Willy" blaring from your wheel. Please?

Scratch that. I don't want to be charged with encouraging suicide.

Thanks a lot, now I am going to search hillbilly willie, but not the other one:huh:

34 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Thanks a lot, now I am going to search hillbilly willie, but not the other one:huh:

It's a soccer chant. Unintelligible to most Americans.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

It's a soccer chant. Unintelligible to most Americans.

Definitely a fave for the next time I roll by a soccer stadium. :lol:

Did you mean "Das hab ich gleich gewußt" by Caterina Valente? The saccharine German oldie from 1967? On the same list with French rapper, Maître Gims, ca. 2013? (I'm listening to him now - the music is pretty very good, even if I don't understand any of the French lyrics except the occasional f*ck!).

The whole list is very eclectic.

4 hours ago, litewave said:

Hi Reny, your website www.sidestreetmusic.com isn't loading for me - it seems to be a DNS problem.

Besides YouTube, is your music available anywhere else online (streaming)? 

Edit: ha, found you in iTunes, should have looked there first. :facepalm:

Yeah thanx for asking. You can find our music on our website and iTunes, CdBaby, Spotify, Google etc.

www.sidestreetreny.com

www.youtube.com/sidestreetreny

www.cdbaby.com/cd/sidestreetreny

7 hours ago, LanghamP said:

• Cotton Fields - CCR
  • Laisse Tomber - Maître Gims
  • Howling at Nothing - Nathaniel Rateliff
  • Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker (former lead singer from Hootie and the Blowfish)
  • Hillbilly Willy - The Okee Dokee Brothers
  • Booty Swing - Parov Stelar 
  • Steal my Sunshine - LEN
  • Burning Love - Elvis and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • 54 74 90 2006 - any German Kneipenband
  • This is how we do it - Montell Jordan
  • Das hab ich gleich [gewußt] - Caterina Valente
  • All Summer Long - Kid Rock
  • Get Lucky - Daft Punk
  • Brokenhearted - Karmin
  • Long cool woman - the Hollies
  • Do you love me? - the Contours
  • Kids (2 finger an den Kopf) - Marteria
  • Electric feel - MGMT
  • You win again - Bee Gees
  • Do the hustle - Guttermouth? or “The Hustle” by Van McCoy?
  • A big hunk o love - Elvis and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Geronimo - Sheppard or Ru Paul?
  • Home we'll go - Walk off the Earth
  • Feel good inc. - Gorrillaz

So, I looked all of them up, added the artist's names and recognised 14 songs (in blue) out of 24 ... not too bad. The three four artists I bolded are now on my list - thanks!

7 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I once had a strong urge to listen to music while riding. Tried attaching over the ear headphones to my helmet with little success, and tried the KingSong bluetooth speakers, but the urge was succesfully killed. I'm good with the nature sounds around me.

The urge was to listen to Jamiroquai, 70's funk and the like. The opening track on the latest Jamiroquai album is nice, and ofcourse "Travelling without moving".

11 hours ago, litewave said:

Did you mean "Das hab ich gleich gewußt" by Caterina Valente? The saccharine German oldie from 1967?

Take that song, and a 16 inch wheel, and do mild slaloms with it, but not just any slaloms, but ones where you slow down quite a bit getting into the slalom, then accelerate getting out of the slalom. And now tell me that isn't the perfect song for doing such things especially on smooth blacktop.

You want saccharine, here's one I have on my playlist.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Take that song, and a 16 inch wheel, and do mild slaloms with it, but not just any slaloms, but ones where you slow down quite a bit getting into the slalom, then accelerate getting out of the slalom. And now tell me that isn't the perfect song for doing such things especially on smooth blacktop.

You want saccharine, here's one I have on my playlist.

Thanks. She's very easy on the eyes, but I needed a double dose of Nexium half way through. I commend you on your open mindedness and intestinal fortitude.

Archived