I5 General Consensus

RooMiniPro

A few of you must have your I5s now and I was wondering what the general consensus is on this wheel?  A big question I have is if it's light enough and comfortable enough to carry around by hand for 30 minutes while going in and out of shops and such?   My Ninebot One is definitely not comfortable to carry for more than 5-7 minutes at a time.  I'm seeing very little discussion on it here but there must be at least some of you who have put some decent mileage on yours. The reason I ask it that I'm thinking about selling my Ninebot One E+ to get an I5.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

A few of you must have your I5s now and I was wondering what the general consensus is on this wheel?  A big question I have is if it's light enough and comfortable enough to carry around by hand for 30 minutes while going in and out of shops and such?   My Ninebot One is definitely not comfortable to carry for more than 5-7 minutes at a time.  I'm seeing very little discussion on it here but there must be at least some of you who have put some decent mileage on yours. The reason I ask it that I'm thinking about selling my Ninebot One E+ to get an I5.

I can't carry my Ninebot One for more than one minute at a time.:D  Did you see Speedyfeet's video of the I5?  If you get one, get the one with the 20700"s.  To me it looks like a good EUC, but it is only a 14" tire.:unsure:  It looks like a briefcase, a stealth wheel that one could take anywhere.  I think @Tilmann has one, but might be mistaken.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I can't carry my Ninebot One for more than one minute at a time.:D  Did you see Speedyfeet's video of the I5?  If you get one, get the one with the 20700"s.  To me it looks like a good EUC, but it is only a 14" tire.:unsure:  It looks like a briefcase, a stealth wheel that one could take anywhere.  I think @Tilmann has one, but might be mistaken.

Yeah the Ninebot is a beast to carry and I do so with constant fear of the handle breaking (again).  I have seen Speedyfeet's video of the I5 but to be honest I could not sit through 59 minutes of that incredibly loud beeping and therefore I closed the video about half way through.  However, that beeper will be very easy to muffle and make nice and quiet.  If the wheel is safe to ride and is light enough to carry around a Mall for example, I would be very keen.  As you said, it is super stealth and won't draw much attention when passing by with it in my hand.  I am still quite excited about this wheel, but if it's too weak, to slow, too low-range, too incompetent on bumps compared to the Ninebot then it would not be worth it for me.  So I'm hoping to see some reviews here soon.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure there are some early i5 adopters, but think that turtle's pace of 20km/h / 12.4mph is keeping many away (I know it has me from pulling the trigger).

I'd rather wait to see if this 16" S5 (albeit doesn't seem due out this year) is a similar package, but with at least 25km/h or faster max speed.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Port looks to be GX12-3, same as "Hoverboards" and the InMotion V8 (just port, not same voltage)

I can confirm, that both IPS i5 and inmotion V8 use the same plug. Beware of mixing'em up - i5 needs 67V, V8 charger delivers 84V.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the I5 in the backpack: that's kind of my dream ride.  To me that's freedom.  Being able to ride around effortlessly, then throw my vehicle into my backpack and walk around the shops or go for a bite to eat with not a single stare or question would be so cool.  I wish I knew someone who had one so I could feel what it's like to lift and carry around.  My Ninebot feels way too heavy, bulky and uncomfortable to carry around for more than a brief moment.  If I had an I5 I would be tempted to build a matching, clip-on or magnetically attached bottom cover to hide the wheel and create a flat bottom so it looks like I'm carrying a briefcase and so that I can set it down on the ground and it would free-stand. 

gjhgj.jpg

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fully agree with @Tilmann's impressions. My only complaint is the power button: it is not recessed enough and its placement on the side causes unwanted power-ons. This wheel lends itself very well to stuff in a bag or suitcase but you have to safe-guard that it does not turn on inside!

One time I held the wheel close to an empty plastic bag when I accidentally hit the power button. The whole bag was sucked into the wheel and small confetti-size plastic pieces were spread out over my entire office before the wheel came to a stop (for obvious safety reasons you cannot turn the wheel off while spinning). Makes a nice paper shredder, though.B)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1