Washington, DC

RichieV

On 9/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, Totaldeejay said:

I am new to DC.

Where can I buy an EUC around here?

Preferably looking for an Inmotion but open to other models.

Join the Glydiators local chat on Telegram:

t.me/DMVGlydiators

If you are looking for a used wheel there are several members with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder for the next eWheel Going Out Group Ride next Sun. Oct. 6th.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 9/6/2019 at 5:16 AM, J.T. said:

Come join us for our next eWheel Going Out Group Ride Sunday October 6th @2pm! 

I have 1 extra "Solowheel Glide 3", well-used but in working condition.  It needs a new home, preferably one where it can serve a worthy purpose.  

Low to nil cash value:  1.5 years and about 1000 km worth of scratches, dings, and tire wear, and one footplate needs periodic tightening or it flops down from the folded-up position.

It is currently stored (responsibly charged) in zip 20002 half a mile from Union Station.  You may message me if interested. 

Just a friendly reminder for our ride this Sunday.  Please RSVP if you haven't already, as I typically post updates and send them out as an email to the yes RSVPs.  I hope to see you there!

On 9/6/2019 at 5:16 AM, J.T. said:

Come join us for our next eWheel Going Out Group Ride Sunday October 6th @2pm! 

• 4 months later...

I'm planning our next ride and would like some feedback from the group. What date(s) work or don't work for you?

• Sun. Apr. 19th
  • Sat. Apr. 25th
  • Sun. Apr. 26th

Thank you in advance!

I've announced our next ride for the eWheel Going Out Group for Sun. Apr. 26th.  I hope you can join us!  https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/269144536/

On 3/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, J.T. said:

I'm planning our next ride and would like some feedback from the group. What date(s) work or don't work for you?

• Sun. Apr. 19th
  • Sat. Apr. 25th
  • Sun. Apr. 26th

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for such a late response. With everything that's going on, I more than likely will not be able to commit to the ride. As time gets closer, I'll be in a better position to tell. We were supposed to have an (EUC) season opening that weekend, but wound up canceling due to this virus. Nonetheless, I pencil the date on my calendar., and thanknyou for the invite.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a friendly reminder for the next eWheel Going Out Group Ride next Sun. July 12th (this is the one that was originally scheduled for Sun. Apr. 26th, but postponed due to the pandemic).  Click link below.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 3/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, J.T. said:

I've announced our next ride for the eWheel Going Out Group for Sun. Apr. 26th.  I hope you can join us!  https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/269144536/

Just a final friendly reminder for our ride this Sun. July 12th. Don't forget to RSVP at the link below, as I typically send out an email to the yes RSVPs with my cell phone no. in case you need to reach me the day of. I look forward to seeing you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, welcome to the fun world of EUCs and our community!

On 8/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, RedSpectreNine said:

New to EUC and expecting my first wheel on the 14th. Live in NoVA, and will need to work on the basics for a bit. However, excited to join community rides in the future, and figured I'd introduce myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeagleWarrior said:

Another new EUC rider that recently moved to NoVA. EUC is addictive - I have barely touched my Onewheel after getting a used V8 3 months ago. Also looking forward to going on a group ride in the future!

Yo nice, I just moved from Vienna! Do Ya'll go on the W&OD trail a lot or do you think its a bit risky right now? Also is there like a known EUC spot that riders hangout and charge wheels in the area?

Happy to know there's more riders in the area. We've ridden the W&OD trail many times. Although not the best, it's doable, long and entertaining at times. Also, unlike the NYC crew, we have no particular hangout spot we converge upon and charge and ride. When we schedule a ride, we give a meet location, ride from there and map out charging spots. Prior to my surgery on my ankle, there's no recent group meet-up rides. I was traveling about meeting up with different riders from different locations, just to break the monotony. 

The DCESK8 group is a better group of riders to ride with., less drama and little less ego trippers. You can find them on Telegram under DCESK8. They basically meet-up almost everyday in Virginia and DC.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cutiyo said:

Happy to know there's more riders in the area. We've ridden the W&OD trail many times. Although not the best, it's doable, long and entertaining at times. Also, unlike the NYC crew, we have no particular hangout spot we converge upon and charge and ride. When we schedule a ride, we give a meet location, ride from there and map out charging spots. Prior to my surgery on my ankle, there's no recent group meet-up rides. I was traveling about meeting up with different riders from different locations, just to break the monotony. 

The DCESK8 group is a better group of riders to ride with., less drama and little less ego trippers. You can find them on Telegram under DCESK8. They basically meet-up almost everyday in Virginia and DC.

Info about the W&OD reassuring, glad to hear its usable. Its to bad there isn't a central spot for a NoVA crew. Immediately what came to mind was "Caboose Brewing Company & Tavern" in Vienna.

I'll check out Telegram, thanks for sharing that. Also never used that app before, is it "Telegram Messenger" in the app store?

Edit: I found DCESK8SQUADBOT. Is this only a notification forum? Super confused how this app works lol.

Edited by RedSpectreNine

Awesome, welcome to the community.  I look forward to seeing you on an upcoming ride!

On 8/8/2020 at 6:09 PM, BeagleWarrior said:

Another new EUC rider that recently moved to NoVA. EUC is addictive - I have barely touched my Onewheel after getting a used V8 3 months ago. Also looking forward to going on a group ride in the future!

Just out of curiosity, better group of riders and less drama than which other group(s)?  I've never noticed anything of the sort, perhaps you know something I don't.  And hopefully, not with the group I run (eWheel Going Out Group)?

On 8/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, Cutiyo said:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! ... New rider and member to this forum.... here in Silver Spring. 

My new 10F came at 3pm Tuesday! ... After a few “get-offs” I was doing figure 8s in the backyard  after 40 min of riding that afternoon. I rode Rock Creek Trail along Beach drive yesterday.  What a blast!!  I’m 65 and a motorcycle Trials rider so I think my balance skills helped my transition to 1 wheel.

Hope to meet up with the local group this fall.

T

On 8/21/2020 at 10:43 AM, Silver Rider said:

Hi All! ... New rider and member to this forum.... here in Silver Spring. 

My new 10F came at 3pm Tuesday! ... After a few “get-offs” I was doing figure 8s in the backyard  after 40 min of riding that afternoon. I rode Rock Creek Trail along Beach drive yesterday.  What a blast!!  I’m 65 and a motorcycle Trials rider so I think my balance skills helped my transition to 1 wheel.

Hope to meet up with the local group this fall.

T

Welcome, Silver Rider! Congratulations on your new ride!

On 8/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, J.T. said:

Just out of curiosity, better group of riders and less drama than which other group(s)?  ...

New Yorkers, maybe!  In any case, as a beginner I was impressed with the (DC-focused) EWheel Going Out Group as a calm & welcoming bunch.  Expeditions were well-planned, accommodating of humbler wheels, respectful of the leisurely public.  And the participants: level-headed and thoughtful.  Each in their own way. 

I’m from Summit Point, WV which is not far from Purcellville. Yesterday I rode my 16x on the w&od from p-vile to Leesburg and back. About 20 miles. It went well although the path isn’t as smooth or wide and is much more congested then the one I have been riding out my way. I’m excited to push further and further towards DC. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bracky72 said:

I’m from Summit Point, WV which is not far from Purcellville. Yesterday I rode my 16x on the w&od from p-vile to Leesburg and back. About 20 miles. It went well although the path isn’t as smooth or wide and is much more congested then the one I have been riding out my way. I’m excited to push further and further towards DC. :)

What kinds of wheels do you see people using on those trails? 

More importantly, Are there navigable trails (or minor roads) all the way from Harper's Ferry to DC? 

Mainly bicycles.  I did go by some powered long boarders yesterday on the w&od. We gave a friendly wave. I got lots of positive reaction to my euc from pretty much everyone including the bikers. Twice I went by a safety patrol without issue. 

The c&o canal towpath goes from Cumberland Md through Harpers Ferry and on to DC. It’s mostly hard packed dirt and gravel. I imagine it might be possible to ride the entire length on a euc but I’d have to try to be positive.  :)

My primary ride is a paved 10.5 mile bike path from Ranson, WV to Martinsburg paralleling rt 9. It is in very good condition and there is ample parking at both ends. West Virginians aren’t known for fitness so you pretty much have it to yourself. :)