Washington, DC

RichieV

Welcome.  Sweet ride and what a quick and thoroughly impressive learning curve.  I look forward to seeing you on a group ride soon!

On 8/21/2020 at 10:43 AM, Silver Rider said:

Hi All! ... New rider and member to this forum.... here in Silver Spring. 

My new 10F came at 3pm Tuesday! ... After a few “get-offs” I was doing figure 8s in the backyard  after 40 min of riding that afternoon. I rode Rock Creek Trail along Beach drive yesterday.  What a blast!!  I’m 65 and a motorcycle Trials rider so I think my balance skills helped my transition to 1 wheel.

Hope to meet up with the local group this fall.

T

Whew, well that's good to hear.  I look forward to riding with you again!

On 8/23/2020 at 8:07 AM, Toad said:

New Yorkers, maybe!  In any case, as a beginner I was impressed with the (DC-focused) EWheel Going Out Group as a calm & welcoming bunch.  Expeditions were well-planned, accommodating of humbler wheels, respectful of the leisurely public.  And the participants: level-headed and thoughtful.  Each in their own way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just announced our final ride of the year Sun. Oct. 25th! Please RSVP as I typically post updates and send them out as an email to the yes RSVPs. I look forward to seeing you there!  https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/273071815/ 

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Downtown, Penn Quarter, East End, NoMa, Atlas District, Capitol Hill Tour!

Aw, I don't really want to see the Atlas District or very much of NoMa.  Could you cut those out?

Edit:  Instead of NoMa & Altas District, could we drop down to Southeast & Southwest for the westbound return part of the loop?  It's amazing how a lot of that stretch (take I Street for example) has been redeveloped.  And, I don't know if it's worth scheduling, but there's a duck pond at 5th & I SW.

Edited by Toad
  • Like 1

I've noted those for future rides.  Thanks for the feedback!

On 9/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, Toad said:

Aw, I don't really want to see the Atlas District or very much of NoMa.  Could you cut those out?

Edit:  Instead of NoMa & Altas District, could we drop down to Southeast & Southwest for the westbound return part of the loop?  It's amazing how a lot of that stretch (take I Street for example) has been redeveloped.  And, I don't know if it's worth scheduling, but there's a duck pond at 5th & I SW.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder for our ride next weekend, I hope to see you there!

On 9/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, J.T. said:

Just announced our final ride of the year Sun. Oct. 25th! Please RSVP as I typically post updates and send them out as an email to the yes RSVPs. I look forward to seeing you there!  https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/events/273071815/ 

Just a friendly reminder for our ride this weekend. I hope to see you there!

FYI, due to the rain forecast, I'm pushing this ride back a week to Sun. Nov. 1st. See the latest update on the event posting. I look forward to seeing you there!

FYI, due to the rain forecast again, I'm pushing back the ride another week to Sun. Nov. 8th.  See the latest update on the event posting for full details.  We'll make this happen.  I look forward to seeing you there!

An un-erring choice of a beautiful day, as always.  I am hiding under the couch in fear of coronavirus, but a few minutes ago I spotted a pair of unicycles (among other, more primitive electrified gadgets) swooping around the bend at 1st & Pennsylvania, the northwest corner of the Capitol Reflecting Pool.  Yesterday in early mid-afternoon there were at least a dozen unicycles & pilots at the plaza outside the Giant on 14th Street NW near "DC USA" amidst am impromptu carnival of joyously honking cars and kazoos rapturously blaring from balconies.

A couple of photos from our eWheel Going Out Group ride last weekend.  The rest of the photos can be found here... https://www.meetup.com/ewheelgroup/photos/31154248/

highres_493472866.jpeg

highres_493472880.jpeg

That was probably us!

On 11/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, Toad said:

An un-erring choice of a beautiful day, as always.  I am hiding under the couch in fear of coronavirus, but a few minutes ago I spotted a pair of unicycles (among other, more primitive electrified gadgets) swooping around the bend at 1st & Pennsylvania, the northwest corner of the Capitol Reflecting Pool.  Yesterday in early mid-afternoon there were at least a dozen unicycles & pilots at the plaza outside the Giant on 14th Street NW near "DC USA" amidst am impromptu carnival of joyously honking cars and kazoos rapturously blaring from balconies.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all! New EUC rider here. Just picked up a Ninebot One C+ about 2 weeks ago. Been having fun around the neighborhood and learning how to handle this thing. I live in Woodbridge, though I spend time in Arlington, Alexandria, and Falls Church a lot. Any riders out this way? I'd love to ride with some other people sometime. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 
Please join our facebook group and telegram channel for DC area EUC riders!

We ride every week, even in the winter. We also teach newbies and organize skill practice sessions for everyone. Finally, we help each other pick the right wheel, fix any issues, and collaborate on mods. All for the pure love of EUC!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dceuc

http://t.me/eucDC

Just a note, as with any other hobby, please be wary of any groups led by individuals with financial incentives. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, volchitsa said:

Just a note, as with any other hobby, please be wary of any groups led by individuals with financial incentives. 

Such as Facebook!

10 hours ago, Toad said:

Such as Facebook!

For people who don't like Facebook there's Telegram and vice versa :)

But I just meant that I find that it is good to be skeptical of people who make money off of the EUC community. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not aware of any EUC groups that do that.  Just curious who that might be?

On 3/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, volchitsa said:

For people who don't like Facebook there's Telegram and vice versa :)

But I just meant that I find that it is good to be skeptical of people who make money off of the EUC community. 

Got your PM, thanks for the heads up.

23 hours ago, volchitsa said:

There are local wheel resellers who run groups in a few cities, DC included. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder for our ride this Sun. Apr. 25th. Please RSVP as I typically post updates and send them out as emails to the yes RSVPs. I also send out my cell phone in case you need to reach me the day of. Lastly, swag items will be handed out to those that RSVP and attend.  I look forward to seeing you there!

On 3/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, J.T. said:

Come join us for our next eWheel Going Out Group ride Sun. Apr. 25th!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks - I'm new to EUC. Picked up a v10F last week. have done small commutes just trying to build up the miles. I'm in Silver Spring, MD and Bethesda, MD quite often. Look forward to meeting some local riders!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...