ACM V2s Successfully Passes The 600 Mile Mark

Marty Backe

Still lovin my 84v 1300wh ACM. I had a 25 mile beach ride today, enjoying Venice Beach and all of its oddities (including my wheel). My odometer crossed the 600 mile mark during the ride. It's been performing beautifully. No cut-outs, false starts, calibration issues, etc. It continues to be my perfect wheel.

Everyone deserves to have at least one ACM in their life :D 

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What's a false start?

Also, this is 961km. Just a little bit and you're at 1000.

Where it throws you off the wheel (cutout) immediately when you hop on to move. I've experienced it a couple of times on previous wheels but have since attributed it to poor technique. I'm on a hill and I jump on the wheel and lean forward too hard - you end up on the ground. Now I no longer hop on the wheel and my starts are slow and graceful, and I never accelerate hard into an incline.

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Where it throws you off the wheel (cutout) immediately when you hop on to move. I've experienced it a couple of times on previous wheels but have since attributed it to poor technique. I'm on a hill and I jump on the wheel and lean forward too hard - you end up on the ground. Now I no longer hop on the wheel and my starts are slow and graceful, and I never accelerate hard into an incline.

WTF? I didn't even know a false start like that is even possible.

Can you post a video of that? Does the wheel actually cut power entirely?

2 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

WTF? I didn't even know a false start like that is even possible.

Can you post a video of that? Does the wheel actually cut power entirely?

I don't have any videos and I'm not inclined to reproduce it since both the wheel and I end up sprawled on the ground. Not very dignified and it's injury prone.

It's a 0mph cutout - the wheel stops balancing. There are some old threads about it in the forum.

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Good point, and good advice.  That would explain those posts of cutouts on starting at low speed.

Marty, do you ever ride directly on the sand?

Even from what you could pick up on the boardwalk, I wonder ... your machine doesn't get gunked up with sand?  Or do you remove the shell after such rides and somehow clean the wheel out?

49 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Marty, do you ever ride directly on the sand?

Even from what you could pick up on the boardwalk, I wonder ... your machine doesn't get gunked up with sand?  Or do you remove the shell after such rides and somehow clean the wheel out?

Only wet sand :D I rinse it with fresh water from my garden hose, nothing more.

Archived