Jump to content

Learning to Ride the Dualtron Man (40 mph top speed!)


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, logos122 said:

Yeah it was a lot of fun! I'm seriously considering buying one now.

Seems fun!

But one thing I could not undarstand is - what in the ,,,, you are doing in traffic?? Dangerous for both yourself and other around you...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vik's said:

Seems fun!

But one thing I could not undarstand is - what in the ,,,, you are doing in traffic?? Dangerous for both yourself and other around you...

We were doing it on a "dead end" road, so the traffic was minimal. Otherwise, yes it would've been very dangerous. The last shot was us riding it back to the house.

Edited by logos122
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, logos122 said:

We were doing it on a "dead end" road, so the traffic was minimal. Otherwise, yes it would've been very dangerous. The last shot was us riding it back to the house.

That's some huge dead end then! Hope that dent on Toyota was't caused by you ;) Good thing there is always an emergency around ))

STOP.thumb.PNG.f738cc8023c38ee760a004cf6e22614d.PNG

Edited by Vik's
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda neat, but with the feet inside the wheels I'd hate to see what an accident at high speed looks like.  It looks like you have to jump sideways to get clear?  It sort of reminds me of my RipStick board with the pivot in the middle.  The Ripstick pivots in a different plane though.  It's quite fun to ride on as you can propel yourself with a wiggling motion like a snake.  Terribly dangerous for the ankles though as the two pieces can pivot in different directions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Kinda neat, but with the feet inside the wheels I'd hate to see what an accident at high speed looks like.  It looks like you have to jump sideways to get clear?  It sort of reminds me of my RipStick board with the pivot in the middle.  The Ripstick pivots in a different plane though.  It's quite fun to ride on as you can propel yourself with a wiggling motion like a snake.  Terribly dangerous for the ankles though as the two pieces can pivot in different directions.

Yeah we're no expert at this yet, so I can't comment on those concerns yet. If you check out the videos above, you'll see what it's suppose to look like though.

8 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's some huge dead end then! Hope that dent on Toyota was't caused by you ;) Good thing there is always an emergency around ))

Hahaha, no to my knowledge it was not caused my a DTM or EUC rider lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I love the speed capabilities! :dribble: It just for some reason looks a little unstable at speed like if a leg slipped or your concentration lapsed or if you hit a pot hole things could go south very quickly.  But of course the electric unicycle was a little dangerous looking as well.  Can't wait to see more progress videos as you guys get better!  Funny thing - the more I watch the more I want to try one!  :facepalm:

Ha! It's really fun so far.

FWIW the wheels are 15" and hitting a pothole would mean only 1 wheel hits it, while the other is still on the road. Don't think it's any more unstable than a motorcycle, it's most comparable counterpart (it is called a "footbike"). Plus the thing is a hair over 70 lbs; feels stable enough, partly due to the weight of the Lithium battery and being positioned in the center compartment. 

Also, there are rubber stoppers, or "kickers" on all four undersides of the foot plates which are meant to be used as an extra brake, kind of like how skateboarders use their foot against the road to brake.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1.4.2017 at 6:17 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I love the speed capabilities! :dribble: It just for some reason looks a little unstable at speed like if a leg slipped or your concentration lapsed or if you hit a pot hole things could go south very quickly.  But of course the electric unicycle was a little dangerous looking as well.  Can't wait to see more progress videos as you guys get better!  Funny thing - the more I watch the more I want to try one!  :facepalm:

Hmm offroading doesn't look too bad on one... I wanna see what @EUC Extreme can do with it!

Riding this on a bicycletrail or a sidewalk seems to be quite idiotic to me, and is like riding a motorbike on these.

Thanks God at least in my country police would be very fast to kick ass of the rider, and confiscate the machine.

And on public roads it needs a numberplate, otherwise police would ... see above.

@ the 2nd video of houseofjob: Riding this with 60 km/h without wearing a leathersuite also seems to be quite idiotic to me, therefore the guy in the video is a candidate for the Darwin award.

@ pothole discussion: If the 15" frontwheel hits a pothole, a salto mortale is preprogrammed. Unfortunately without a safety net below.

Conclusion: This is just a fun bike, but nothing for public transport or replacing a bicycle or motorbike or EUC.

Edited by HermanTheGerman
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah... people here likely will be one wheel biased.  :innocent1:  I think it's pretty cool, and it should be cooler once you guys get used to riding it.  Maybe you should get together with @Tishawn Fahie and go to that open road area where he does some filming to get some aerial footage of you guys riding.  Those crowded city streets just don't let you open it up to it's full potential I think.  Did you brake too quickly when you jumped off at about 6:30?  I guess compared to some higher end wheels the pricing isn't too far off the mark for what you're getting, but $3000 USD is getting up there!  :blink:

ps://youtu.be/EZRzcy

 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2.4.2017 at 10:19 PM, houseofjob said:

Wow, I'm glad people on this forum are open-minded~ <_<

Tell us how you really feel!

I feel well, thanks! :D

I'm never openminded if I see carelessness or foolishness, which endangers others, because I participate in mountain rescue service since too long.

Actually I don't care much about the guy riding on the highway 60 km/h without a leathersuit, because it's his life and his body, but I care about him speeding on a biketrail with pedestrians and slow bicycles nearby.  Stopping him is an act of self defense in my point of view.

I have nothing against the vehicle itself, riding it for sure is fun, but because of it's speed it needs to be viewed as a motorcycle.

Edited by HermanTheGerman
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a motorcycle indeed - no seat and no handlebars though, but how that qualifies as a good idea I'm stumped to say.  Sure, the danger makes it a thrill to ride, but it should only be used where the danger is only to the user.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you mount a seat right above the rear wheel, add some front slanted pedals and a handlbar with the controller on it, you've got yourself a mini low-rider electric bike!  :smartass:  But I guess that would dull down the thrill factor sort of like a snowboard versus this snow-trike thing.  They are just different beasts and methods of transportation.

northlegion.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

I happened to see this thread on google. Any fellow dualtron man riders here? I have lots of problems learning how to ride. I wonder if I'm the only person who is stuck with this incredibly difficult piece of machinery.... Kinda regret buying it. No thanks to someone's recommendations. Looks fun, but aint fun to learn.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...