Gotway MSuper V3s 1300wh vs Gotway MSuper V3s+ 1600wh

Maybe something's stuck in the tire and punctures the tube every time?

We know nothing for sure, not even whether the thing exists (but someone got an msuper with added fans, so small improvements seem to be ongoing). This is all guesswork based on rumors, announced wheels, and vague ideas about the manufacturers' release schedules:efee47c9c8:

1 hour ago, Mushuukyou said:

So, if I wait for a better Msuper, it will not be labeled the v3s? It will be a later model #, right? I'll wait a month or two if I must, but.. I dunno. 

I would send a question to @Jason McNeil at EWheels. He should be able to tell you if a new MSuper is really coming out. Otherwise I'd hate to have you waiting months based on unfounded rumors. As far as I know, all the MSupers that having been shipping for the past 1/2-year have been reliable and working just fine (I have about 500-miles on mine).

Speedyfeet is selling the newer ACM that these MSuper rumors are based on. Yet he is not advertising a new version of the MSuper. So I have my doubts that a new version is forthcoming.

Yea, he said he has no more Msupers, and really tried hard to sell me on a KS18s, but I didn't bite. I'll have to go through another seller instead of buying the items he over-bought.

This "newer ACM".. is that the 84 one that that guy had on that ride of ours?

2 hours ago, Mushuukyou said:

Yea, he said he has no more Msupers, and really tried hard to sell me on a KS18s, but I didn't bite. I'll have to go through another seller instead of buying the items he over-bought.

This "newer ACM".. is that the 84 one that that guy had on that ride of ours?

No. @YoshiSkySun had the 84-volt ACM and I'm pretty sure I was riding my 84-volt ACM (the one I let you ride for a bit). These new ACM's are just arriving at some dealers now. I expect mine within a couple of weeks.

58 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No. @YoshiSkySun had the 84-volt ACM and I'm pretty sure I was riding my 84-volt ACM (the one I let you ride for a bit). These new ACM's are just arriving at some dealers now. I expect mine within a couple of weeks.

What is the model # of the new ACM? Surely it has one. What's a good link to look at it/buy it? Where did you get yours from?

Do you feel it's better than the Msuper V3s?

Edit: Oh, is it the ACMs+ ? Still 16" wheel?
Have a good link to buy it at? It's about $1,550 for the higher battery?

It's better than the Gotway Tesla?

33 minutes ago, Mushuukyou said:

What is the model # of the new ACM? Surely it has one. What's a good link to look at it/buy it? Where did you get yours from?

Do you feel it's better than the Msuper V3s?

Edit: Oh, is it the ACMs+ ? Still 16" wheel?
Have a good link to buy it at? It's about $1,550 for the higher battery?

It's better than the Gotway Tesla?

The only place that I know of which is officially selling the updated ACM is Speedyfeet (I've bought a few wheels from him). You can see it on their website, listed as an ACM2.

I bought mine from @Jason McNeil. He special ordered it for me from Gotway.

The ACM that you tried during our group ride is the ACMs+. ACM's are 16-inch wheels. The ACM2 is supposed to have the Tesla motor, fans, bigger axle, better axle shims so that they don't get loose like they are on your ACM, and the Tesla firmware.

Until I get mine in a couple weeks I can't say anything about how it rides.

For general purpose city riding I contend that the 16-inch wheel is best. I love the Tesla, but I don't feel that it replaces the ACM because the battery is much smaller. I like long rides so that's why I still want the 1600wh version of the ACM. And I feel that the ACM shell is tougher than the Tesla, but that's just my subjective opinion.

I get a solid 35-miles from my Tesla. If you don't need a longer range than that, I think the Tesla is fantastic. It really is a great handling wheel and a smooth ride.

I thing the MSuper excels as a cruising wheel and a wheel for long distances if that's something you enjoy.

There's no perfect wheel for all riding styles. The best general purpose wheel will always be a 16-inch model, IMHO. If that's what you're seeking, buy a Tesla unless you want a longer range wheel, then go for the ACM (50+ miles). If you want the more comfy ride of an 18-inch wheel and are OK with the bigger size and less agile handling, buy the MSuper V3s+.

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The only place that I know of which is officially selling the updated ACM is Speedyfeet (I've bought a few wheels from him). You can see it on their website, listed as an ACM2.

I bought mine from @Jason McNeil. He special ordered it for me from Gotway.

The ACM that you tried during our group ride is the ACMs+. ACM's are 16-inch wheels. The ACM2 is supposed to have the Tesla motor, fans, bigger axle, better axle shims so that they don't get loose like they are on your ACM, and the Tesla firmware.

Until I get mine in a couple weeks I can't say anything about how it rides.

For general purpose city riding I contend that the 16-inch wheel is best. I love the Tesla, but I don't feel that it replaces the ACM because the battery is much smaller. I like long rides so that's why I still want the 1600wh version of the ACM. And I feel that the ACM shell is tougher than the Tesla, but that's just my subjective opinion.

I get a solid 35-miles from my Tesla. If you don't need a longer range than that, I think the Tesla is fantastic. It really is a great handling wheel and a smooth ride.

I thing the MSuper excels as a cruising wheel and a wheel for long distances if that's something you enjoy.

There's no perfect wheel for all riding styles. The best general purpose wheel will always be a 16-inch model, IMHO. If that's what you're seeking, buy a Tesla unless you want a longer range wheel, then go for the ACM (50+ miles). If you want the more comfy ride of an 18-inch wheel and are OK with the bigger size and less agile handling, buy the MSuper V3s+.

I have seen the ACM2 on the Speedyfeet site. He needs to look at his prices as he has the older one marked up higher than the V2 which is the same price as the 1300wh version so people will not only go for the newer one for the upgrades but for the price too leaving him with 1300wh & 1600wh older versions - unless he's going to do a special price for them soon.

I think I may try and sell my Monster and go for the ACMV2. I'm sick of being sprayed with mud & water when it's wet and with my Monster missing a battery it's mileage isn't what I wanted so defeats the object of owning it now.

34 minutes ago, TremF said:

I have seen the ACM2 on the Speedyfeet site. He needs to look at his prices as he has the older one marked up higher than the V2 which is the same price as the 1300wh version so people will not only go for the newer one for the upgrades but for the price too leaving him with 1300wh & 1600wh older versions - unless he's going to do a special price for them soon.

I think I may try and sell my Monster and go for the ACMV2. I'm sick of being sprayed with mud & water when it's wet and with my Monster missing a battery it's mileage isn't what I wanted so defeats the object of owning it now.

From some messages from Ian via Facebook, Gotway is only selling the new ACMV2. The other versions of the ACM that Speedyfeet has is new 'old' stock, so I'm sure he has to sell them based on his purchase prices. Once those are gone he'll only be selling the V2 version.

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

From some messages from Ian via Facebook, Gotway is only selling the new ACMV2. The other versions of the ACM that Speedyfeet has is new 'old' stock, so I'm sure he has to sell them based on his purchase prices. Once those are gone he'll only be selling the V2 version.

I totally understand that but, as I said, who's going to spend the same or more on something with lower quality, spec and/or battery,? Depending on how many of the older ones he has he could possibly do with doing special prices to help clear them rather than be stuck with them. Either that or take the V2 down until the older ones are sold. :) 

I feel for sellers when manufacturers release newer models at a cheaper price potentially leaving them with older stock or the decision whether or not to make lesser profit or a potential loss.

6 hours ago, TremF said:

Pretty sure the prices are just quick placeholders and not real. 1300Wh and 1600Wh ACM2 have the same price, which isn't going to happen:efee8319ab: Not sure what would happen if you order the 1600Wh for the price of the 1300:efef015fe0:

Same for the Monster 84V 2400Wh vs Monster 1000V 1845Wh. Doubt they'll cost exactly the same.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:30 AM, Marty Backe said:

He rides an ACM (and maybe others, I don't know). @Mushuukyou rode with us during a group ride. He's second from the left in this thumbnail. He's been riding for a long time.

What's so funny?  

I watched this again, now I remember, this was the ride with the peanutmobile, the homeless dogs, the yoga girl, and the Police Academy.  It had everything, streets, trails, hills, scenic views...

Archived