Victoria BC eu group

• 4 years later...

Sounds like there is some attention being paid to legality of personal transportation in BC:

"The cities of Kelowna and Victoria have both written to the province calling for the rules to be either updated or better enforced to avoid confusion among municipalities.

Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps said more transportation options should be supported at the provincial level.

“The province, like the city, wants to encourage people to use all kinds of modes to move around and quite frankly to get people out of cars,” she said."

From

https://globalnews.ca/news/5686604/electric-scooters-bc/

• 1 month later...

I also got mine from smartwheel.  It took quite a while, three+ weeks I think.  You can email them and they'll give you a pretty good estimate.

Also happy to get together for a ride or some practice when you're ready.

Also, @rywokast is a very experienced rider and is in Victoria, though we haven't met yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 11:56 PM, Msubasic said:

Thanks Tony! It actually arrived a little over a week from ordering it.

Now I'm 4 days in and done over 30 km.  It's hard and scary at times. But I love the challenge and seeing progress happening is addictive.

I'm happy to get together for a ride or some practice.  I mostly stick to the bikes trails, lochside and the Galloping Goose.  I live by tillicum mall

could have sworn i commented in this thread lol.. ive only ever seen one other euc rider from a distance in victoria actually, but it would be cool to meet up with some of you some time... you may have seen me before on my multitude of unicycles lol been riding here for about 2.5 years now

8 hours ago, Justin Boivin said:

Hi folks! Currently saving up for a Gotway Tesla V2, should be riding by October!

do you currently have the V10, or you dont have an EUC right now? the tesla is an absolute beast you wont be disappointed :)

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

do you currently have the V10, or you dont have an EUC right now? the tesla is an absolute beast you wont be disappointed :)

No EUC until October. When I signed up for the site I had my sights set on a v10, then the v10f, but after some more research I figured the Tesla was a better bet. I like the look of the inmotion wheels, and they've got good reviews for comfort etc, but they seem over-managed. Not a fan of the idea of speed throttling as the battery gets lower. Also I saw this video where the v10f keeps overloading on a hill climb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWJ-VSaj_Vs

2 hours ago, Justin Boivin said:

No EUC until October. When I signed up for the site I had my sights set on a v10, then the v10f, but after some more research I figured the Tesla was a better bet. I like the look of the inmotion wheels, and they've got good reviews for comfort etc, but they seem over-managed. Not a fan of the idea of speed throttling as the battery gets lower. Also I saw this video where the v10f keeps overloading on a hill climb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWJ-VSaj_Vs

aaah i see, okay.. yes the tesla is basically like an unlocked v10f haha.. they both have top of the line specs and decent battery size but inmotion chokes the hell out of the v10 for overly cautious safety.. tesla you choose your own safety lol

• Like 1

All the criticisms of the V10f are true, but I'm still happy with mine as my first wheel.  The speed limiter drove me nuts at first, beep beep beep all the time.  When I finally set it to max, it turned out that I just wanted to go 37k the whole time.  No more beeping.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

All the criticisms of the V10f are true, but I'm still happy with mine as my first wheel.  The speed limiter drove me nuts at first, beep beep beep all the time.  When I finally set it to max, it turned out that I just wanted to go 37k the whole time.  No more beeping.

no doubt its a fantastic and very good looking/well built wheel.. its just not for those who are seeking to push the limits... it is an exponentially better starter wheel than any of us who have been around for more than two years had xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Msubasic said:

I'm up for some group activities with my v8. I'm being pretty cautious, have the speed dialled back to 15 km/h. But finding its not making things safer because the machine is pushing back at the most awkward times. 

those are rookie numbers, you gotta pump up those numbers :P how long have you been riding? yea you should always have the speed set to max and just not go max if you arent comfortable.. unwarranted tiltback isnt fun and there are situations where using that speed could be the difference between crashing or not if you have to avoid something. how long have you been riding?

Edited by Rywokast

25 minutes ago, Msubasic said:

I've been riding a week. 70 km done so far. I'm 54 and most of my family peers think I'm nuts for getting it. So I told them I am keeping it at a very safe speed to start.

But I will dial things up for a group ride if we do that.

oh wow only one week so totally new then,, would never push you to go faster especially being a beginner.. haha not crazy at all tons of people on here your age, can never be too old to have fun and they are way more convenient than a bike

5 hours ago, Msubasic said:

I've been riding a week. 70 km done so far. I'm 54 and most of my family peers think I'm nuts for getting it. So I told them I am keeping it at a very safe speed to start.

But I will dial things up for a group ride if we do that.

Same age same situation.  Something I like to do is go to an empty parking lot for skills practice.  Stop 'n gos, figure eights, slow riding and so on.  Camosun interurban was goods on weekends during the summer for that.  I still suck at forward/backward transitions and riding backward in general. 

Anyway, don't feel like you have to push it, it took me a while to get confident enough to commute, and I'm still a total newbie compared to @rywokast

• Like 1

was that one of you I saw on the galloping goose today? I would've stopped but I have plans tonight so I was tight for time

3 hours ago, Msubasic said:

I was on a bench on the goose when someone blew buy  heading east like they were the road runner.  Might have even said "meep meep."  That was around 6 pm.  I'm guessing that was a ks 18 you were on?

yes sir that was me haha.. yup on my 18XL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

D'oh! Missed you guys.

you go along the goose often? I'm on it at least three times a week usually