Victoria BC eu group

12 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

you go along the goose often? I'm on it at least three times a week usually

During the summer I was commuting four days a week from Tillicum up to Keating by goose+lochside.  Now that school's back in I have to drive my wife to work so I'm lucky to get out once a week on the weekend.

3 hours ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

During the summer I was commuting four days a week from Tillicum up to Keating by goose+lochside.  Now that school's back in I have to drive my wife to work so I'm lucky to get out once a week on the weekend.

ouch,, im commuting with my wheels 365 days a year

• Like 1

I'm commuting on the goose most days now. Langford to uptown, about 13 km.  I don't know about 365 days a year yet. 

But I feel a real longing to be on it if I haven't for a few hours. Have half awake dreams of riding. It's kind of addictive. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Msubasic said:

I'm commuting on the goose most days now. Langford to uptown, about 13 km.  I don't know about 365 days a year yet. 

But I feel a real longing to be on it if I haven't for a few hours. Have half awake dreams of riding. It's kind of addictive. 

im the same way haha.. get antsy if i havent ridden in a while (measured in hours lol)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Msubasic said:

Buddies of mine introduced me to the Fin and Pearl at uptown, good for a quick mid-ride beer on the way home on a Friday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Msubasic said:

Not me.  My v8 is dark.

There is also Brown's Social House at Uptown. I've never tried drinking and rolling. But something tells me it wouldn't help.  But ya never know until you try!

more fun late at night :P

4 hours ago, Msubasic said:

Not me.  My v8 is dark.

There is also Brown's Social House at Uptown. I've never tried drinking and rolling. But something tells me it wouldn't help.  But ya never know until you try!

I don't want to give the wrong impression, but it's pretty much the only time I wipe out anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Justin Boivin said:

Good news everyone, looks like we might not be illegal anymore: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-government-motor-vehicle-act-escooters

Another article on the same subject.  Looks like Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps already has a proposal ready to go for us, could be in place by the end of the year:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-government-looks-to-carve-out-rules-for-e-scooters-1.5314198

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

Another article on the same subject.  Looks like Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps already has a proposal ready to go for us, could be in place by the end of the year:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-government-looks-to-carve-out-rules-for-e-scooters-1.5314198

as long as theres no ridiculous speed limit or helmet enforcement or other laws like that im all for it.. otherwise, catch me if you can :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

as long as theres no ridiculous speed limit or helmet enforcement or other laws like that im all for it.. otherwise, catch me if you can :ph34r:

Dunno, I'd be OK with the same helmet requirements as a bicycle.  Not something that the police would waste time enforcing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

Dunno, I'd be OK with the same helmet requirements as a bicycle.  Not something that the police would waste time enforcing.

yea i know its technically a law still but luckily they dont enforce it.. my uncle is a police officer and he knows i ride around on my wheels everywhere he told me the only reason a cop would ever waste their time pulling someone over for a helmet is if they were doing something suspicious or suspected of something then the officer could use that as a reason to pull them over and question them, because suspicion is not something they can use to do so..

• Like 2

Rywokast do you not where a bike helmet?  I'm wearing one now, but I see a lot of youtube people on faster machines wearing full face helmets.  Which seems a bit much with how fast I go (BTW I've progressed from 15km/h limit up to 19 now. ) 

38 minutes ago, Msubasic said:

Rywokast do you not where a bike helmet?  I'm wearing one now, but I see a lot of youtube people on faster machines wearing full face helmets.  Which seems a bit much with how fast I go (BTW I've progressed from 15km/h limit up to 19 now. ) 

ive never worn any sort of helmet in my life

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news.  I was out riding twice today, once on Lochside trail and later at Panama flats.  Hope to see you out there some time.

I'm not nearly as experienced as @rywokast but if you're looking for pointers or a practice buddy I'd be happy to get together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

Awesome news.  I was out riding twice today, once on Lochside trail and later at Panama flats.  Hope to see you out there some time.

I'm not nearly as experienced as @rywokast but if you're looking for pointers or a practice buddy I'd be happy to get together.

For sure. During the week i'm working lots, so will probably just do an hour here and there but will have lotsa time on the weekend.

Edited by Justin Boivin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Justin Boivin said:

Finally got my first EUC! I was going to get a Tesla, but found a used msx from craigslist for the same price. Quite the score; I'm pretty stoked

Now to learn how to ride it.

craigslist? cant say ive ever seen an EUC for sale locally (unless you got in in van) either way that was lucky.. good deal. once you learn to ride it would be cool to do a ride swap some time if you wanted to try some other wheels, the MSX is something ive never ridden, though i am extremely tempted to pick up a 100V 1845 model

Edited by Rywokast

16 hours ago, Rywokast said:

craigslist? cant say ive ever seen an EUC for sale locally (unless you got in in van) either way that was lucky.. good deal. once you learn to ride it would be cool to do a ride swap some time if you wanted to try some other wheels, the MSX is something ive never ridden, though i am extremely tempted to pick up a 100V 1845 model

Yeah, craigslist Vancouver (Aldergrove, past Langley).  There's a few EUCs on there actually. I got the 64v . I'd be down for a ride swap at some point for sure.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Msubasic said:

And then there were 4 of us!  I'm riding my V8 on the goose to Langford every day now. Dialed up the max speed to 22 km/h, Can't get enough of it. Haven't seen you out on that trail in a while Rywokast. 

cold as balls haha but I'm gearing up and going out a lot just not as much as in the summer xD

• Like 2