Victoria BC eu group

@Hellkitten Aw, thank you! Apparently I already know someone here through a mutual friend, so we're going riding together next week! Maybe it's the start of regular group rides in Victoria. Everyone with speakers will be required to blast Harley noises.

I won't be here around Christmas for what I assume are similar reasons to yours, unfortunately. But who knows! I'm glad to hear everyone's still enjoying their EUCs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone! I just got into EUC's pretty recently and it's been nice to see some other riders around town occasionally. I just have a 14D for now so I'm trying to learn some backwards riding and other fun stuff until I get a different wheel. Currently looking at some of the V1 Shermans and V12's people are selling in Vancouver, but appreciate other suggestions too.

Also if anyone is looking for some 3D printed parts, I always have a fun time with making new designs!

• Like 1

@FormulaEmu welcome! I grew up in Victoria and visit my family. I have a KS18 there for when I go back. It’s a beautiful area and riding there is nice and mostly relaxing. I know the city and area fairly well, I was a cyclist there for years too. I currently live in Toronto and the urban landscape is more stressful for riding. I mostly ride a Sherman S and m10 here. 

What do you want out of your next wheel? Range, speed, looks, off road, street, suspension? It’s really the only way to answer your question. If I recall ride the glide doesn’t sell eucs anymore. You mentioned Vancouver so I assume you either are referring to eevees or individual sellers. Out of the two wheels you mentioned I’d go for the Sherman. It will give you huge range and a big boost in speed.
Keep in mind the water proofing or lack there of will be important on the west coast. Even though your road quality is much better there than in T.O. I’d consider suspension, but I’m also bias in that regard. Just makes for a more pleasant safer ride imo. 

9 hours ago, FormulaEmu said:

Currently looking at some of the V1 Shermans and V12's people are selling in Vancouver, but appreciate other suggestions too.

Welcome! Both good wheels but the Sherman will feel massive and heavy after 14D. You will get used to it, though. I don’t recommend getting it unless you plan to really need the range. You will carry the weight everywhere and feel it in every corner. You can’t choose much in used market but I still recommend choosing the use case that you want to optimize for. Difficult to recommend without knowing what you need. 

Also if anyone is looking for some 3D printed parts, I always have a fun time with making new designs!

Nice! I like printing as a hobby and have many useful printed upgrades on my wheel but haven’t learned to design yet. I’m sure your skill will be appreciated. 

@HellkittenThank you! Suspension would be nice since it would be nice to do some off-roading and learn to take stairs but I think it'll depend on what kind of budget I decide on when I eventually get a wheel. Ride the glide had a few wheels but not too much, I think an S22, Abrams, and a Monster Pro. I think I would go private sellers to get some more bang for my buck, for $1500 you can get quite a lot used but basically just beginner wheels new

• Like 1

@UniVehjeThe Sherman being well over double the weight will be a huge change but the 14D feels tiny right now. It presses in pretty low on my shins which isn't ideal. I do think a wheel that is a bit lighter and a smaller wheel size would probably suit me better but the size and range of the Sherman is pretty appealing. I'm kind of wanting an all-around wheel that can take a bit of a beating and lets me learn different skills and some off-roading when I'm feeling like it.

9 minutes ago, FormulaEmu said:

Sherman is pretty appealing

It does have a good reputation. If it suits your need and wants, I don’t see why not go for it. 

14 hours ago, UniVehje said:

It does have a good reputation. If it suits your need and wants, I don’t see why not go for it. 

Do you happen to know anything about the LiTech BMS/battery for the MSP? One just came up for sale around me but I'm definitely cautious given the reputation of those wheels

I went from a fairly light wheel to a Sherman after riding about a year, and it took a few weeks to really get comfortable on the Sherman. It was pretty much the biggest wheel available at that time (how times change - now it's sort of medium size)! But for me, the Sherman opened all sorts of doors in terms of speed and range - I really enjoy full-day rides so the Sherman was a game-changer for me. Much like moving up to the Master Pro that I now ride. I still have my Sherman (OG v3 with 3200Wh battery - the latest version before they went to the Sherman Max with 3600Wh) but don't really ride it anymore. since getting suspension wheels (EX20, then Master Pro and Extreme). I'll probably sell it, but I will miss it - I did a lot of great adventures on that wheel and never had a single issue.

With the Sherman, you get to a point where it's just as nimble and easy to ride as any of the smaller wheels - it just takes time. It's funny, I feel that my Extreme actually rides a lot like the Sherman did, although with more torque and suspension. But the weight, and therefore the handling, is quite similar between the two - and the Extreme is now considered a fairly small trail wheel. I absolutely love it for trails, but I owe that to the Sherman since it was the 12,000km on the Sherman that taught me how to ride a wheel of that size.

If you ever want to give it a try, I'm up in Nanaimo.

• Like 1

Do you happen to know anything about the LiTech BMS/battery for the MSP? One just came up for sale around me but I'm definitely cautious given the reputation of those wheels

I don’t know much about that wheel. I would pay much less than what Serman-s goes for. 

• 1 month later...

Great to see an ever increasing Wheeler community here in Victoria… also terrific news that Victoria Council just announced that they intend to include the various electric personal modes of transport along with scooters on bike paths and “streets with up to 50 km limits” .. hopefully the Provincial Regulations pending aren’t overly restrictive with regard to power and allow confident capable euc-ers to keep up safely with traffic on our urban roads… Glad to see everyone being respectful and courteous trail/road users as ambassadors for our burgeoning Wheel community (:  …. Enjoy rolling 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! For those who use facebook, I created a group called EUC Victoria BC. It seems there's a big onewheel group and scooter group but nothing dedicated to EUC's. It would be fun to get some group rides together in the future as there seem to be a fair bit of people around Victoria

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Island Wheelers, I’m moving to a smaller lodging and won’t have space for all my stuff.. any interest in my (locally purchased at RideTheGlide) OG Sherman Veteran.. 8990 Goose km No jumping or off-road and still fully charges?

• Like 1