Victoria BC eu group

A word of warning don't lock your EUC up on bike racks on this city. Mine just got stolen from the mayfair mall. Luckily they've got footage and its a known suspect, so there's a chance I will get it back.

Also please keep an eye if you see an MSX for sale at a mysteriously cheap price; its likely mine.

49 minutes ago, Justin Boivin said:

A word of warning don't lock your EUC up on bike racks on this city. Mine just got stolen from the mayfair mall. Luckily they've got footage and its a known suspect, so there's a chance I will get it back.

Also please keep an eye if you see an MSX for sale at a mysteriously cheap price; its likely mine.

wtf!! that's horrible... you just got it, hopefully they find that guy and lock him up, I'll keep my eyes open.. after having multiple bikes stolen over the years I would never consider not taking in with me anywhere I go

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wtf!! that's horrible... you just got it, hopefully they find that guy and lock him up, I'll keep my eyes open.. after having multiple bikes stolen over the years I would never consider not taking in with me anywhere I go

Yeah, I came out of Indigo, saw an empty space where the EUC should be and my heart sank. If I get it back  I'll take it inside everywhere.  I had to work extra days and save up for three months to afford that.  

The next step is to call pawn shops, check craigslist etc. I covered the bottom of the pedals with black tape  and sealed the seams of the shell with silicone, so it's got some identifiers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justin Boivin said:

I covered the bottom of the pedals with black tape  and sealed the seams of the shell with silicone, so it's got some identifiers.

Perhaps, not a good idea revealing the identifiers on a public forum...

6 minutes ago, Aneta said:

bike etc thieves are just looking to make a quick buck and sell it off quick I seriously doubt they are on this forum.. probably some buck tooth crack addict just looking for their next hit

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aneta said:

There are like 5 people in this city who ride EUCs, so I doubt it was anyone who'd work on it, know how to make it look new. Probably someone figured it was worth something and looking to sell it quick.

13 hours ago, Justin Boivin said:

Man, that's awful, I'm really sorry.  We'll all be watching out for any sign of it.  I had wondered about locking up my EUC too, I guess we have our answer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, recently purchased a Inmotion V10F. Should be here in the next 5 days and eagerly waiting upon its arrival.

I skateboard, snowboard, ski, water ski, wake board, surf and can pogo stick / stilts with the best of them. So I figure the transition into a euc won't take to long.

Once I am able to confidently ride around I would love to meet up with some of you for a group ride some time!

Cheers

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Glyphs Gaming said:

@TonyGrayCanada

Have you taken the V10f out under wet conditions? A.k.a wet roads/paths or have been caught in light rain?

If so have you found the V10f has been holding up under said conditions?

not to speak for Tony but all inmotion eucs use waterproofing methods that other manufacturers do not.. eucs are inherently very water resistant simply due to their shape and layout, however inmotion uses plastic compartments with covers and a gasket on the board, and the battery is at the very top with multiple layers of protection.. if I was a betting man I would always put my money on an inmotion wheel over anything else for lasting the longest.. generally, it's perfectly fine to ride most eucs in even heavy rain.. just make sure you're aware of potential entry points such as charging ports, physical buttons, gaps in the shell etc etc.. I have ridden basically all of my eucs in heavy rain and it's never been an issue, though I do now carry a nylon backpack waterproof cover in my coat pocket during the rainy seasons, it's compact and easy to carry but more for peace of mind.. do however always avoid laying it on its side in the rain and don't throw it in a lake haha, other than that I trust my inmotions and my ninebot one under any conditions.. any other euc and I'm very wary about having them in heavy rain. having taken apart a dozen eucs though I'm quite confident you would have to be severely unlucky to have it in any way damaged by water under normal circumstances, just give it a quick blot down when you get home and don't worry about it. for peace of mind, nothing but literally throwing it in a lake could possibly do anything if you have one of these on https://www.amazon.ca/AGPTEK-Waterproof-Backpack-Cover-Black/dp/B07211B8MD

I've been riding my V8 in some pretty heavy Rain situations for the last 4 months with no issues. I feel pretty confident in its ability to handle rainy weather. I avoid big deep puddles but have not done a lot other then that.

Sorry, was away for a couple of days.

I haven't done a ton of rain riding but I can second what @rywokast said- the inmotion machines are considered the best for waterproofness, and I've seen the gasketing in the electronics compartment myself.  I wouldn't submerge it but just about anything up to that should be fine.

Well the inmotion v10f I ordered ended up being a lemon and had issues out of the box. So I returned and upgraded to the kingsong 16x at a fraction of what it should normally cost. Hopefully this wheel comes in working order. I feel like the extra range and speed will be worth the couple hundred more spent.

Edited by Glyphs Gaming
  • Like 1

The KS-16X is a fantastic wheel. The extra range alone is worth it.

The only thing I'd recommend that you do is seal the power button and gap under the mud flap, so that Wet Coast weather doesn't find its way into the wheel.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:58 PM, Glyphs Gaming said:

Well the inmotion v10f I ordered ended up being a lemon and had issues out of the box. So I returned and upgraded to the kingsong 16x at a fraction of what it should normally cost. Hopefully this wheel comes in working order. I feel like the extra range and speed will be worth the couple hundred more spent.

Who did you order from, and what failed on your V10f if you don't mind me asking?

@TonyGrayCanada not exactly sure what failed. Out of the box it wouldn't charge, the euc was at 62% and when I plugged it in. The block on the charger identified the euc as already being fully charged. I managed to get it to fully charge once but suffered from overload warnings and hard tilt back at about 15-20kmph (speed restriction unlocked to 40km) upon use.  After these warnings occurred the wheel continued to tilt back until it turned off. Would not turn on again for quite some time. The app showed normal temp readings and voltage readings which was strange. After that full charge reached about 63 percent the wheel shut of while riding slowly (thank god) and would not turn on again for about 4 days. So I shipped it back and exchanged for the kingsong 16x they gave me a great deal for the inconvenience. They are looking into the matter for the v10f but their contact is away on holidays atm so not quite sure what the issue is. Also I ordered through SmartWheel canada, they have been very helpful throughout the whole process and even gave me some discounts on my upgraded euc for the inconvenience I experienced.

Wow, that's nasty.   V10f has been solid so far, though I do find it goes into overload tilt back more than I would expect.

Good to hear Smartwheel have been doing the right thing for you, makes me want to do business with them again.  I'm thinking of the 16X as my next wheel.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, Glyphs Gaming said:

@TonyGrayCanada not exactly sure what failed. Out of the box it wouldn't charge, the euc was at 62% and when I plugged it in. The block on the charger identified the euc as already being fully charged. I managed to get it to fully charge once but suffered from overload warnings and hard tilt back at about 15-20kmph (speed restriction unlocked to 40km) upon use.  After these warnings occurred the wheel continued to tilt back until it turned off. Would not turn on again for quite some time. The app showed normal temp readings and voltage readings which was strange. After that full charge reached about 63 percent the wheel shut of while riding slowly (thank god) and would not turn on again for about 4 days. So I shipped it back and exchanged for the kingsong 16x they gave me a great deal for the inconvenience. They are looking into the matter for the v10f but their contact is away on holidays atm so not quite sure what the issue is. Also I ordered through SmartWheel canada, they have been very helpful throughout the whole process and even gave me some discounts on my upgraded euc for the inconvenience I experienced.

Well I got hit by a car at the galloping goose Atkins road crossing on Friday night. I thought it was just a bruise to my hip but 10 minutes later I noticed my hand was hurting and went to the hospital and there was a fracture to a small carpal bone in my right hand. So its in a cast for the 4-6 weeks.

It was dark. I had on all front and side lights on my V8. The driver was a nice older lady who has tried to be as helpful as possible after it happened. But she failed to slow down and check at the crossing and I didn't do enough precautions slowing down enough in case that happened.  I was wearing kneepads and elbow pads and bike helmet and my gloves were thick rain proof ones with padding, but they were not wrist-guards with metal plates. 

The wheel is ok, but I got a lot of family members saying "I told ya so" and saying it was stupid to ride an electric unicycle in the first place. But I think I will keep riding. Just always wear wrist guards and be more cautious around cars.

6 hours ago, Msubasic said:

Well I got hit by a car at the galloping goose Atkins road crossing on Friday night. I thought it was just a bruise to my hip but 10 minutes later I noticed my hand was hurting and went to the hospital and there was a fracture to a small carpal bone in my right hand. So its in a cast for the 4-6 weeks.

It was dark. I had on all front and side lights on my V8. The driver was a nice older lady who has tried to be as helpful as possible after it happened. But she failed to slow down and check at the crossing and I didn't do enough precautions slowing down enough in case that happened.  I was wearing kneepads and elbow pads and bike helmet and my gloves were thick rain proof ones with padding, but they were not wrist-guards with metal plates. 

The wheel is ok, but I got a lot of family members saying "I told ya so" and saying it was stupid to ride an electric unicycle in the first place. But I think I will keep riding. Just always wear wrist guards and be more cautious around cars.

oh dang, ouch.. family members are grasping, as if you wouldnt have an equal chance of being hit by a car if you were on foot or on a bike, its a crosswalk, the driver is 100% at fault always.. that sucks sorry to hear it.. the last time i was hit by a car was in goldstream a few months ago.. same thing, at a crossing.. ironic, i rode home and didnt have any injuries luckily, dont wear gear