Saying hello

Wagtenor

Hello everyone,

First post here, first time EUC owner. Just got a Ninebot One C+ on Thursday from New Egg.  Have been enjoying watching youtube videos of excellent EUC riders and reading posts here.. Nice community with lots of information.

I chose the Ninebot One C+ because of excellent deal from New Egg and the fact that the Ninebot seems to pretty good ratings here.

I have tried only a few times to ride the NB1 indoors.. It really is way more difficult than you guys and gals make it look on those videos.  I'm hoping for some good weather here soon to take it outside.. Winter in Md is not too kind for outdoor activities though.

I have not seen any EUC riders here in Frederick, Md so I just might be the first, if I can learn to ride the thing.

At the age of 47, I'll be taking it easy though.

Looking forward to getting proficient.

-Sam

It takes a little bit to a lot of practice, but it's worth the effort.  Once you get the hang of it, it is quite like how you ride a bike.  You wonder why it was so hard to learn in the first place... :huh:  Just wait until you get going, and you'll feel like you're 14 years old again with a brand new toy rolling around the neighbourhood.  :D

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It takes a little bit to a lot of practice, but it's worth the effort.  Once you get the hang of it, it is quite like how you ride a bike.  You wonder why it was so hard to learn in the first place... :huh:  Just wait until you get going, and you'll feel like you're 14 years old again with a brand new toy rolling around the neighbourhood.  :D

I second that, and thanks for putting your location in you profile, it's a little bug bear of mine.  Bug bear? Is that the right euphemism I'm looking for here?

oh and don't forget to get a set of rollerblade pads and a bike helmet to lessen any potential injury, we can't all be naturals like the @rdalcanto family.?

Welcome!  I'm new here as well, only been here a month or so I think. I have yet to put my first foot on a EUC, as I joined after getting the Segway MiniPro which was super easy to learn, fun to ride, but limited.  Before the New Year I will have made my first attempts; they will likely be indoors as well since it's below freezing here most days, but it can change fast.

What a great deal on that C+, if I had seen that before making my purchase I may have bought it to learn on without so much worry about marking it all up, and later have some fun getting larger battery in there maybe with the cells of my choosing.  I'm still a little tempted to get it just because it's a great price for a first wheel and is known to be of reasonable quality.  

If you look around you will see some videos that don't make it look so easy, but yes many here are by experienced riders/drivers.  I'm liking some of the short, descriptive, tutorials by the owner of Future Wheels, but the proof will be when I try to put it to practice and I don't have a good practice area with a rail or support so it will be a bit of a challenge.

Have Fun and...

Stay on the Up Side!

14 hours ago, Wagtenor said:

Hello everyone,

First post here, first time EUC owner. Just got a Ninebot One C+ on Thursday from New Egg.  Have been enjoying watching youtube videos of excellent EUC riders and reading posts here.. Nice community with lots of information.

I chose the Ninebot One C+ because of excellent deal from New Egg and the fact that the Ninebot seems to pretty good ratings here.

I have tried only a few times to ride the NB1 indoors.. It really is way more difficult than you guys and gals make it look on those videos.  I'm hoping for some good weather here soon to take it outside.. Winter in Md is not too kind for outdoor activities though.

I have not seen any EUC riders here in Frederick, Md so I just might be the first, if I can learn to ride the thing.

At the age of 47, I'll be taking it easy though.

Looking forward to getting proficient.

-Sam

Welcome, and congratulations!

You'll find this forum extremely helpful, useful and entertaining. As do I.

An important factor always, but ESPECIALLY when you're learning, is tire pressure.

Invest in a good track-pump if you don't already have one. Have your tire around 39-45psi and no higher while you're still learning.

Once you know what you're doing (a good sign will be once you're at the stage where you can mount unassisted 100% of the time) raise that up to 50-55psi

?

Awesome. Thanks guys for the replies. I have the tire pressure at 45psi.  I'm looking forward to learning to ride the 9B1.  But again, it's definitely not as easy as I thought it would be.

Got all the safety gear ready, just need some none wet/icy days to go outside and practice.

-Sam

1 hour ago, Wagtenor said:

it's definitely not as easy as I thought it would be

I had definitely the same experience, but then it is really fun to learn also.

IMHO the best single advice for get going:

Too funny.  We just bought the same Ninebot on Newegg because of the great price.  I wasn't even shopping for a EUC.  I got the email, thought it looked cool, and ordered it.  I found the solo wheel tip very helpful.  Don't try to go too slow, and exaggerate the left and right twist to get a feel for it while someone or something helps you balance.  Imagine that you are turning the handlebars on a bike with your feet.  Have fun!

Archived