Vinyl wrapping pedals on Inmotion V5F+

xebeche

Thought about how to improve the look of scratched pedals on my Inmotion V5F+ and friend suggested I could try with some vinyl wrap.

Here are some photos before and after:

r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpg

Think it's not bad for a first try :) 
It might even serve as protection because the wrap is quite thick.

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Look great, especially the CF finish! Working on getting these mass produced, so that the Wheel need not get scratched up in the first place. 

you mean like that the outer shell comes wrapped in vinyl from the factory or some other kind of protection?

Good work on getting it to curl around the corners. That can be really difficult to achieve without wrinkling. nice effort.

Looks good, But it wont last. I was a sign writer for 7 years and and I can tell you that vinyl offers less protection than a coat of paint. It will scratch and tear easier. In areas that are not flat or get dirty, they are prone to peeling up. Not only that, the dents and chips that are covered up with it will show through. The CF pattern you have chosen is the closest you will get to being able to hide this but in the right light they will still show through in time when the glue flows out and, heat makes the vinyl conform to the metal. You can use it for protection the pedals but you will find that you need to replace it frequently. Might be a good temporary way to make your wheel look nice for show or sale. Kinda like using tyre black on your car. It looks nice but it will not stay that way forever.

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of Auto Door Trim will prevent further scratches on either new pedals, or if you've already covered them.  Only the Outer Edge needs it.  The lower strip in this photo was not necessary.

There's enough in this package to do it MANY times!  http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/AVD0/S37200/N0546.oap?ck=Search_door+trim_N0546_5215206_2577&keyword=door+trim&pt=N0546&ppt=C0065

Carbon Fiber Pad.JPGBumper Burn.JPG

s37200_custom-carbon-fiber-package.jpgs37200_pict.jpg

On 10/4/2016 at 4:30 PM, xebeche said:

Thought about how to improve the look of scratched pedals on my Inmotion V5F+ and friend suggested I could try with some vinyl wrap.

Here are some photos before and after:

r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpg

Think it's not bad for a first try :) 
It might even serve as protection because the wrap is quite thick.

Wow these are beautiful!

Good stuff my friend!

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

A little bit of Auto Door Trim will prevent further scratches on either new pedals, or if you've already covered them.  Only the Outer Edge needs it.  The lower strip in this photo was not necessary

Great product!! Used it both on the V5F+ and V8.

On 10/4/2016 at 5:23 PM, 16bitSprite said:

Looks good, But it wont last. I was a sign writer for 7 years and and I can tell you that vinyl offers less protection than a coat of paint. It will scratch and tear easier.

@xebeche Try applying the carbon protective auto molding @SuperSport recommended over the top of your vinyl wrap. It will not only look good but be protected as well!

I used 2 different types of protective molding just to zazz it up

IMG_3580gif2.gif

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

A little bit of Auto Door Trim will prevent further scratches on either new pedals, or if you've already covered them.  Only the Outer Edge needs it.  The lower strip in this photo was not necessary.

There's enough in this package to do it MANY times!  http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/AVD0/S37200/N0546.oap?ck=Search_door+trim_N0546_5215206_2577&keyword=door+trim&pt=N0546&ppt=C0065

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@xebeche Try applying the carbon protective auto molding @SuperSport recommended over the top of your vinyl wrap. It will not only look good but be protected as well!

Thank you both for the tips! Is it possible to mould this protective trim to follow the bottom shape / curve of the V5 pedals?

6 minutes ago, xebeche said:

Thank you both for the tips! Is it possible to mould this protective trim to follow the bottom shape / curve of the V5 pedals?

No the molding will not bend that much. The widest molding I have been able to contour is 3/8" but you still might need to use a heat gun.

26 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Nice Job @xebeche of wrapping the pedals.  I wrapped my NineBot One E+, and I can tell you it takes patience to make it smooth.  With double curves on your pedals, I know you took your time to get that right.

12716428_188710008173687_4926064796006214778_o.jpg

Always loved your workmanship! I see an Amazon box peeking...more goodies?

25 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Always loved your workmanship! I see an Amazon box peeking...more goodies?

Thanks @Rehab1, I appreciate the kind words.  I don't remember what that box was, but I'm sure it was goodies... ;)  I'm now going to start playing with the MSuper v3.  LED Lights, Carbon Fiber, etc...  I've got a thread started and I'll update it as I go along (Link in Signature Below).  I'm busy this weekend, so don't have time to play with it till Monday or later.  Riding my wife's new buggy in the desert this weekend. ;)

Buggy.JPG

21 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Thanks @Rehab1, I appreciate the kind words.  I don't remember what that box was, but I'm sure it was goodies... ;)  I'm now going to start playing with the MSuper v3.  LED Lights, Carbon Fiber, etc...  I've got a thread started and I'll update it as I go along (Link in Signature Below).  I'm busy this weekend, so don't have time to play with it till Monday or later.  Riding my wife's new buggy in the desert this weekend. ;)

Buggy.JPG

I just visited your post! No doubt your will add some awesome mods! Did you even ride the V3 before tearing it down?

Love the buggy! I take it you have one as well?

Here is our GEM car we use at the lake.You would certainly leave me in the dust with the awesome buggy. My dogs prefer a smooth chauffeured ride:D

gem.jpg

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I just visited your post! No doubt your will add some awesome mods! Did you even ride the V3 before tearing it down?  Love the buggy! I take it you have one as well?

I put about 10 miles on the V3 before taking it apart.  The day I picked it up, it only had about 20% battery, so the ride was short.  Took it apart that night when I got home.

I don't have another buggy at this time, we'll ride tandem in this one.  I may pick up an enduro motorcycle for trips like this in the future.  I go through quite a few vehicles each year, so I'm sure it will change again soon.  I'm able to make a little money buying and selling stuff like this, so we get to play with all sorts of things.  Keeps life interesting. ;)

Here is where we are heading this weekend.  We go a few times a year.

Archived