Chinese picture with mi mini is a little over the top for me. I am more "descrete mods" person. The 3M tape on miniPro spokes are almost invisible in the daylight and offers good visibility at night/evening.

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

Got some scissor skills practice to provide extra safety to my miniPro's:

res_20160815_001419.jpg

All it takes is 10 min plus some 3M reflective tape. Red tape on red spokes and grey/white on grey one.

Wow, that looks really good and is a great safety idea for night time riding!

I don't see how anyone in any major city can ride a miniPRO at night anyway, without fantastic street lights. The sidewalks in Seattle are so bad that it's hard enough riding around during the day. The headlights are pretty darn useless on the miniPRO, not lighting up far enough away, and by the time you see the raised sidewalk curb it's too late and you go flying.

3 hours ago, WilliamG said:

I don't see how anyone in any major city can ride a miniPRO at night anyway, without fantastic street lights. The sidewalks in Seattle are so bad that it's hard enough riding around during the day. The headlights are pretty darn useless on the miniPRO, not lighting up far enough away, and by the time you see the raised sidewalk curb it's too late and you go flying.

Carry a bright LED flashlight. I carry with one with me all the time anyway -- even before the Segway purchase. I use it when it's dark. I agree the built in lights are too low to be of much use for actual seeing. They do work well to show on-coming traffic that you're there. 

My mods: flashlight with adjustable beam and JBL Clip bluetooth speaker.

The stock headlight is definitely not enough when riding at night. With this one, I can see the road ahead at a reasonable distance.

The speaker is awesome for my commute to work.

20160821_210927 (1).jpg

@WilliamG All those sleepless then? Aren't they out and walking round the city? ;) 

I find the miniPro's front lights quite useful and riding at night is comfortable enough for me. I have a LED flashlight in the pocket too, in case more light is needed.

The mini lights are low enough to cause shadows of all defects that payment ahead, I use them as warning,  anyways, for cars and people coming towards me... I ride mostly at night and in the street as 90% of the sidewalks are so bad...so here is my reflective tape add on...I use 50 mm tape (yellow, red/white) and split in half at an angle of the mini gap space, it makes to identical pieces, not left/right, but you cant tell...

We need a good mounting system that fits in between the knee supports... It's a good area that doesn't interfere and needs to be filled...

2016-08-17 23.57.05.jpg2016-08-17 23.58.17.jpg

Does that kickstand mount to a battery screw hole? 

2 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Car headlights coming towards you turn off the Mini Pro lights - oops!  You need to tape over the sensor to avoid this problem.

I use a little pad to cover the sensor, right below the battery indicator. That keeps the headlights on while the Mini is moving.

5953913469920750459-account_id=1.jpg

8583563313833944270-account_id=1.jpg

8707511181308046020-account_id=1.jpg

11 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Car headlights coming towards you turn off the Mini Pro lights - oops!  You need to tape over the sensor to avoid this problem.

I've never seen that while riding but it is a legit point.

• 8 months later...

Love the reflector idea.  Thanks for the photo!  Minnesota law requires it...

169.212 OPERATION OF ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICES...

• Subd. 3.Reflectors. An electric personal assistive mobility device may not be operated unless the device bears reflectorized material on the front, back, and wheels, visible at night from 600 feet when illuminated by the lower beams of headlamps of a motor vehicle.

...so i will add this to the wheels.  I'll find a place on the front and back.

• 4 months later...
On 8/23/2016 at 5:09 AM, Vik's said:

Got some scissor skills practice to provide extra safety to my miniPro's:

res_20160815_001419.jpg

All it takes is 10 min plus some 3M reflective tape. Red tape on red spokes and grey/white on grey one.

Ordered my reflective tape.

It seems to be an easy, effective preventive.

15 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Ordered my reflective tape.

It seems to be an easy, effective preventive.

Me too!  Was looking at different reflectors for the sides, but decided to just go with the tape. Only got white though.  So it won't look as good, maybe i'll put it between the plastic accents. 

Archived