Ks18a,msuper v3, or acm?

1kw

A 16" wheel is the smallest I'd recommend for off-roading.  It would be more maneuverable and lighter than an 18", making it easier to get higher jumps.  However, an 18" wheel will be able to roll over larger obstacles, like tree roots and stairs.

yes its a very hard choice. since they are the same pricerange. This purchase will be the last for atleast a year. So I need the newest tech.  I think the KS is the oldest of the 2, however has been upgraded with fan on motherboard ect. The gotway 18" might take the cake though, trolley, larger pedals, known to have no issues really, iphone compatible. Only downside is that it is almost 500wh less than ks18a....

38 minutes ago, 1kw said:

yes its a very hard choice. since they are the same pricerange. This purchase will be the last for atleast a year. So I need the newest tech.  I think the KS is the oldest of the 2, however has been upgraded with fan on motherboard ect. The gotway 18" might take the cake though, trolley, larger pedals, known to have no issues really, iphone compatible. Only downside is that it is almost 500wh less than ks18a....

Gotway is preparing 1640wh version of msuper

13 minutes ago, 1kw said:

840w msuper3 claims 80km per charge, the 1360wh ks18a claims 100km...

I have got a KS16 680Wh and I'm 88 kg for 1.9 mt tall, and to reach 45 km range it's for sure below 20% batteries static without significant uphills, which is dangerous, so I hardly believe the above statements unless you accept a limp riding ;) 

1 hour ago, 1kw said:

840w msuper3 claims 80km per charge, the 1360wh ks18a claims 100km...

None of the official range specs can be realistically met, not from any manufacturer. You should divide them by 2 if you want a starting reference point for the range. And without knowing your weight the discussion on the range is almost pointless. Ks18 1360 could reach 100km for a super light person

1 hour ago, 1kw said:

ok, so ks18a 1200w 1360wh it is... so why the hype for the new msuper if it is same price as ks with half the range?

Its not the same price as KS with half the range.  Your prices are a bit inconsistent, i believe you got them from different sources, and also prices depend on who you are buying from, distributor or directly and what quantity, what geography, shipping costs etc

ok, so i believe you got the prices either from gotway price list or some aliexpress seller. These probably dont include shipping which can be $200-300. Keep in mind that for acm you will also need a trolley handle sold separately which is not so cheap. Ks18 - i am not sure you can get it for that price through a distributor, and i dont think Ks will sell you directly unless there is not distributor in your area. Also probably doesnt include shipping.  So check that price

I would say @1kw is actually correct, both units (at least on AliExpress) are priced similarly. 

On AliExpress, the seller "Rockwheel intelligent technology products store" is the one who has been selling all the 2016 KS-18A 1200W 1360WH wheels to the non-China customers who have reviewed the unit on this forum (since KingSong refuses to sell direct; not sure if that's changed), and they also have stock of the Gotway MSuper3 820WH. 

2016 KS-18A 1200W 1360WH - $1,456.20 shipped to the US

Gotway MSuper3 820WH - $1,348.20 shipped to the US

@1kw the main hype for the MSuper3 IMO is the fact that Gotway a.) is a stiffer ride, and b.) is not, at least at this time, crippling the capabilities (ie. speed) of the machine. The KS-18A could potentially go as fast as the MSuper3, but Kingsong has effectively capped top speed by making tiltback fixed at 30km/h, unable to be turned off (my 800W KS-18A used to be able to comfortably go 35km/h sans tiltback before a board revision made this cap). Also, (and my memory of the details is a bit fuzzy), I believe current KingSong firmware further cripples the machine when the battery gets below 50%, further lowering the reachable top speed as an additional, yet annoying, safety. Gotway implements none of these features/restrictions, allowing you to freely reach upwards of 40kmh, at your discretion.

Ok, so apparently at least one seller sells ks18 disproportionally lower to the size of batteries

The somewhat lower "for the 1360wh battery" price for ks18 is due to the fact that the model has been around for a while and the price drops are inevitable in the business. In contract, msuper3 is a brand new model. This is also so because the distributors purchase price of Ks batteries i believe is lower than Gotway batteries. So the increase in battery size will be disproportionally lower for kingsong.

i dont believe ks18 1200w limits the speed to 30kmh, i believe they are allowing 40.

Also, the hype of the msuper is 1) its a new model 2) previous model msuper2 was very successful and has a perceived value of a "cadilac" , for the longest time the biggest, baddest, most powerful all terrain wheel 3) is an 18" wheel which can justify its value as an almost unique wheel size. 4) is basically the most powerful motor out there, more power than k18 in a smaller body and potentially a higher speed. 5) for msuper2 owners this is a step up in every direction keeping the advantages of msuper with added features and power

@1kw with msuper you will have a smaller body, allegedly more motor power, built in trolley, bigger pedals, and yes no speed limitations on lower battery ( which may be a good or a bad thing). With ks18. 1360 you will have music, ability to sit down, and longer riding range

Gotcha. Could care less about music, sitting down. I just want to make that 30km commute... And do it quickly. While riding local mtb trails.

i feel like msuper v3 has a better motherboard.. It's almost a year newer..

bad review on the ks18a on that sellers page. Says a fuse stopped working at full speed? 

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

say @1kw

@1kw the main hype for the MSuper3 IMO is the fact that Gotway a.) is a stiffer ride, and b.) is not, at least at this time, crippling the capabilities (ie. speed) of the machine. The KS-18A could potentially go as fast as the MSuper3, but Kingsong has effectively capped top speed by making tiltback fixed at 30km/h, unable to be turned off (my 800W KS-18A used to be able to comfortably go 35km/h sans tiltback before a board revision made this cap). Also, (and my memory of the details is a bit fuzzy), I believe current KingSong firmware further cripples the machine when the battery gets below 50%, further lowering the reachable top speed as an additional, yet annoying, safety. Gotway implements none of these features/restrictions, allowing you to freely reach upwards of 40kmh, at your discretion.

Thats not correct at all! or lets better say it is only correct for the Ks18 800watt!

the Ks18 1200 watt what  ONLY cut to 30kmh when the batterie gets under 50%...

otherwise its 40kmh....

also i would not say that Gotway is in any way stiffer with its new MSuper..

the Ks18a -1200watt- is -on player mode- the hardest KS i have ever driven...even harder than kS16....

34 minutes ago, 1kw said:

bad review on the ks18a on that sellers page. Says a fuse stopped working at full speed? 

yeah, one burned fuse, from about 20 sold Ks18..from this seller....the fall was discussed here..

unfortunatley the rider was not telling us what caused the fall or the burned fuse....

Ah, maybe I was confused by all these KS18 reports of new firmware crippling top speed here and here. I was also sent at one point the wrong board (a KS14C board) with Tina @KingSong & my former distributor claiming this was the right one, supremely frustrating and since corrected by one @Jason McNeil.

And if the 1200W KS18 is harder response with 40kph top speed, might actually make the upgrade then, thx @KingSong69! Still don't like the crippling under 50%, but 30kph is manageable.

Just now, houseofjob said:

Ah, maybe I was confused by all these KS18 reports of new firmware crippling top speed here and here. I was also sent at one point the wrong board (a KS14C board) with Tina @KingSong & my former distributor claiming this was the right one, supremely frustrating and since corrected by one @Jason McNeil.

And if the 1200W KS18 is harder response with 40kph top speed, might actually make the upgrade then, thx @KingSong69! Still don't like the crippling under 50%, but 30kph is manageable.

i would be very careful by pushing a KS18 to its 40 kmh limits at all....

its a nice powerfull wheel....and as we have heard KS is doing some improvements on it! Fans, board, higher "lift cut speed"...but going 40 i would first see lift speed and bring my one weight into the game....

but as for now..its the only wheel providing more than 850wh....the msuper 1640 is -first- late coming...and -second- more expensive with this batterie range....

@KingSong69 Of course, I really only want back my burst of 35kph I used to have on my KS18 800W mkII board (sans tiltback), don't really want to cruise at that speed or higher.

Also, additionally, have you upgraded your KS18 1200W to the new v1.22 firmware (if even applicable)? Any possible changes to top speed/tiltback or the under 50% speed crippling (possibly lower threshold maybe)? Have you experienced any of the shaking while idle that some KS18 & KS16's have experienced? Thx.

5 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Arriving in the US for Mid-October.

Can't have GW taking all the 18" action ;) 

Ahh Jason, you are making my life so difficult. Choices..decisions.....

the battle of the 18" titans is back on!!!

Archived