12 MOSFETs strengthen EUC controller without speed limit

Lz Lee

The new model : 40A 

MOSFETs:  12 pcs

speed :  NO limit.   if the motor support speed 100 km/h,  you can ride 100km/h

*******************************************************************************************************

Spec.: 

SEQ. functions parameters
1 MOTOR 14"/16" / 18" 800-1500W
2 soft start yes
3 electric accelerator yes
4 electric brake yes
5 Leds light stripes yes
6 DC12v Output yes
7 wireless stopwatch yes
8  physical calbration yes

12MOS-0.jpg

PS.    all suggestions are appreciated.   

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink1: No no speed limit?  100 KPH?  :blink1:  Niiice!  I can almost sense @EUC Extreme and many others starting to drool...

I hear that Freeman uses dual gyro sensor chips on their boards.  Do you think there is any advantage to having two gyro sensors either for redundancy or accuracy of readings?  Also the main issue with control board problems appears to be due to cooling problems with the mosfets.  With 12 that should be reduced, but is it possible for a future design to have the mosfets on a separate board with a wire connector so placement of the heatsink can be placed in a more convenient location for cooling purposes?  People have done it ( @Polpus ) by desoldering the MOSFETS and wiring up a cable to reconnect them to the control board.  He was able to place them in a different location for space reasons, but some people would like to place the MOSFETS in a cooler location so a small separate PC MOSFET board would be advantageous.  It would also facilitate ease of repair if a MOSFET burns out.  You don't have to replace the entire control board.

Any HC-05 Bluetooth capability?  Ooh I see the BT header there... Is this board capable of being programmed (say from an APP) in the future to work with ANY electric motor as long as the user knows how many coils / poles / magnets they have and what wattage the motor is rated at?   So if I had a Gotway Msuper, and I wanted to swap the Gotway controller out for a Microworks board with no speed limit, as long as I had a battery capable of going 70 KPH for example, I could program the electric motor specifications into the MW board and have at it?  But hold on a sec, maybe the motor is only capable of 45 KPH or is speed more a limit of the controller and batteries than the motor itself?

The next obvious question is will MW be producing a motor capable of 100 KPH?

PS:  It would be nice if the APP could change the orientation setting of the gyro so instead of needing to release the firmware into the wild, just a setting change would be required for horizontal versus vertical placement of the controller board.

The circuit board, it seems that it is no different than any other 12 FET circuit.
1500W is not enough even close to that could run 100 km / h.
Apparently, however, this can be used above rated voltage.
Does not convince me so much that I would go to try.
The actual circuit board should be much more robust to score, and it should be used much larger than the voltage of 100V.
134-168V might have been pretty good :)

Then I could start to buy lipo batteries and to make the frame.
I do not because of this :)

@Lz Lee what I hope is that the board keep using the same family of STM32 microcontroller. And since features depends also from the firmware, I hope you choose a microcontroller with more flash memory to hold more features in future - since I will do the firmware for this board.

Also is very important Bluetooth and free pins for expand the hardware features, like I just did by adding RGB LED bar to the 30B4 board.

I really like to see on this board the LED bar control, the 12v 2A max output and some headers that seems to be ready for an eexpansion board.

With the 12v output, accelerator and brake, you seem to target also Ebikes, eskaters, etc. Which is great because there will be even more interest on an OpenSource firmware :-)

On 2016/6/29 at 0:36 PM, EUC Extreme said:

The circuit board, it seems that it is no different than any other 12 FET circuit.
1500W is not enough even close to that could run 100 km / h.
Apparently, however, this can be used above rated voltage.
Does not convince me so much that I would go to try.
The actual circuit board should be much more robust to score, and it should be used much larger than the voltage of 100V.
134-168V might have been pretty good :)

Then I could start to buy lipo batteries and to make the frame.
I do not because of this :)

I think we don't produce an EUC speed up 100 km/h.  That is not responsible for life.  That just an instance.  We can do a mainboard without speed limit as long as the motor can increase speed and power.

current about 180A

On 2016/6/29 at 3:28 PM, lizardmech said:

Which mosfets are used? Can users change motor type and wheel size or must be changed when ordering? 67V only or can you set voltage and low battery voltage? 

yes, we can adjust programmings for different size motor.  because different programmings for different size motor.

generally, we use 67.2V.   if you need another voltage, we also do that /( but MOQ=500 pcs) 

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RolluS said:

Thank you @lizardmech. Are both manufactured by a different factory? 
On earlier versions, and to my eyes, there were lot of similarities also..

I think they are all upgrades of an older ebike controller. The first gen didn't even have mosfet gate drivers. The next gen had gate drivers and in phase current sensing but similar layout. I don't know who made that one, maybe gotway or IPS. This new microworks one looks to use similar components but with a different PCB layout.

The only totally different one is the firewheel controller, it was made by a company that sell industrial and servo drives, they just reused most of their own design.

I would not be proud if I manufactured that board. There are  better ways of securing the mosfets and connectors from vibration without using gobs of unsightly silicone drapped across the board.

Archived