12 MOSFETs strengthen EUC controller without speed limit

Lz Lee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2016 at 5:21 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Can this Microworks 40A board work with your 22" electric motor?

http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sale-brushless-motor-electric-22_60238312968.html

I'm bumping the question... We have Gotway MCM4 and MCM4 HS. 

If we want speed instead of stability, will the 40 amp board manage the 20, 22, 28" wheel hub motor please?

53 minutes ago, RolluS said:

I'm bumping the question... We have Gotway MCM4 and MCM4 HS. 

If we want speed instead of stability, will the 40 amp board manage the 20, 22, 28" wheel hub motor please?

If you need to use it on 20" 22" 28 " wheel,  we can help you adjust and change programing to match the motor.  

But the charge is very expensive for privated user.

55 minutes ago, lizardmech said:

@Lz Lee

What happened to this new controller? Do you sell them yet?

Our company adjusted the plan and strategy.  We install lastest controller in whole EUC.  and selling whole EUC

14 inch GEEKWHEEL - GK -Muscle  will use 30C controller  

30C will support iOS system

24 minutes ago, Lz Lee said:

Our company adjusted the plan and strategy.  We install lastest controller in whole EUC.  and selling whole EUC

14 inch GEEKWHEEL - GK -Muscle  will use 30C controller  

30C will support iOS system

It's too hard to ship complete unicycles and if it's sold as a complete unit there's all kinds of costly safety regulations you have to have it tested against. Buying components is much easier, why do you think people started ordering your parts recently? Assembled EUC market is already saturated by kingsong, gotway and inmotion who have distribution channels in place.

1 hour ago, lizardmech said:

It's too hard to ship complete unicycles and if it's sold as a complete unit there's all kinds of costly safety regulations you have to have it tested against. Buying components is much easier, why do you think people started ordering your parts recently? Assembled EUC market is already saturated by kingsong, gotway and inmotion who have distribution channels in place.

we still sell EUC parts... Only 30C /40A use on whole EUC.

2 minutes ago, Lz Lee said:

we still sell EUC parts... Only 30C /40A use on whole EUC.

Why not sell those as well? People are unlikely to buy a $500 EUC that will cost close to $1000 by the time it arrives when they can easily buy other high powered 14" euc locally already. Selling some controllers and motors to foreign markets is going to be more profitable than keeping them exclusive to an EUC that has little chance of being exported.

49 minutes ago, lizardmech said:

Why not sell those as well? People are unlikely to buy a $500 EUC that will cost close to $1000 by the time it arrives when they can easily buy other high powered 14" euc locally already. Selling some controllers and motors to foreign markets is going to be more profitable than keeping them exclusive to an EUC that has little chance of being exported.

the EUC price is not 500 USD.  my friend.  Our link is 388 USD with 340WH battery pack.

We still sell controller 30B4. It is general parts for EUC.

10 minutes ago, changfrancis said:

why is there a E-stop button on the wheel ?

E-stop ... ? what button

1 minute ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

What's the differences between the 30A B C and 40 A?  Is the 40B no longer an option?

30C board is the option with "unlimited" speed and supporting current of 40A ;)

29 minutes ago, Lz Lee said:

the EUC price is not 500 USD.  my friend.  Our link is 388 USD with 340WH battery pack.

We still sell controller 30B4. It is general parts for EUC.

E-stop ... ? what button

It's the same with other existing high speed 14", they end up at least minimum 2x the wholesale price by the time you import them, at $388 by the time you get it to other countries cost will be close to the KS14C 340wh, which has headlights, more features, local warranty support in some countries and an established brand.

15 hours ago, Lz Lee said:

If you need to use it on 20" 22" 28 " wheel,  we can help you adjust and change programing to match the motor.  

But the charge is very expensive for privated user.

Thank you, so I will probably go with a 30B4 and custom firmware from @electric_vehicle_lover if I want to build this crazy prototype

MicroWorks seems to sell general parts only but higher price/specification are only inside full products - like pedals, for instance, since they sell EUCs with bigger new pedals.

I think is great they keep selling 30B4 and the 30kmh motor. Those are already good and make a fast EUC.

I am still working on an OpenSource firmware and @lizardmech on a controller board. Also Benjamin from VESC is making a board for EUC also and he have already the best firmware for electric Skates, which is OpenSource. I hope that in future we can have a strong technology that some producers adopt, like that is happening with VESC firmware and boards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like MicroWorks and Reintech are affiliated companies or the same company so that RT-40A most likely is a similar to the MW 40A board I'm guessing.  Layout and components look pretty identical as well except for the smaller caps.

@RolluS how's that custom one wheeled skateboard of yours?  Got any videos to share?

I've just seen your edit.

Thanks for your interest. My skateboard is almost ready, I miss a 60-12Vdc converter for the battery meter display, and I have to redo some soldiers (hall sensor electrical harness, broken track on the controller)

1 minute ago, RolluS said:

My skateboard is almost ready, I miss a 60-12Vdc converter for the battery meter display

Just buy the Microworks 60v->12V step down module converter: https://github.com/EGG-electric-unicycle/documentation/wiki/MicroWorks-30B4-controller-board-RGB-LED-strip

• 3 months later...

Archived