KS16 auxiliary button?

Toma

Just received my new shiny black KS16 and what a sight it is, stunning piece of kit, love it!!!

it came with the KS16A manual but the section regarding the auxiliary button is confusing me....this is written how it is in the manual.

1) Under power of status, long press the auxiliary button to turn on the BT, then short click the auxiliary button, the front and rear LED lights will light up; short click again to power off front and rear led lights. Long press to turn off the BT and illuminating lights.

it is running 1.19. But it's not working like mentioned above, when I press the auxiliary button it goes green this shows itself on my phone and connects I don't have no front or rear led lights that come on all I have is the ring of green LEDs on both sides. And even if I do a short press it doesn't turn them off?

even if I do a long press on the auxiliary button it doesn't shut off the BT and I don't hear disconnected? 

Could some one tell me if there's is exactly doing the same as mine, worried there is something wrong.

i just think you missinderstood sometjing...

the bt button has nothingto do with the LED light rings...

long press...bt for music is on...dont think that is has a influence on connecting to the app by bt!

short press...you can switch on front and back light...but: exspect the light sensor to have influence also!

long press again: bt for music off again....not the connectivity to the app!

thata. are my experiences

I put my finger over the light sensor thinking if I do a short press it'll turn the lights on or off but nothing happened? 

It is meaning the head light and rear light isn't it not the green rings on either side. 

So if I do the long press on the button it shouldn't show itself on my phone when searching. 

it should connect to your app .... without pressing the aux button...

the aux button is only for Bluetooth low energy to get music to the speakers...

alos with the aux button...my feeling you can only choose the front/rear lights to stay off!

in normal mode...only power button is on....they depend on the light sensor!

@KingSong69 BT audio is not LE, it's normal BT audio connection like for headset. Only the KS app uses the BT LE for "telemetry" data transfer. The wheel contains two separate BT modules.

@Toma It is a bit confusing to understand. Here is how it works.

Situation A - wheel is powered off ( not ballancing, outer / side LED rings are off):

- Long press of aux button will turn on audio BT. You can connect your mobile or other BT audio source and play music via KS speakers. Volume is controlled via mobile or other audio source device.

- While the BT audio is on short press of AUX button will switch on both headlights in white ("torch" mode)

- Another short press of AUX button will turn off the "torch" lights

- Long press of AUX button (with lights on or off) will turn off audio BT  and also lights if still on

Situation B - wheel is powered on (ballancing, outer / side LED rings iluminated):

- Long press of AUX button will turn audio BT on or off the same way like in Situation A

- Short press of the AUX button is circling through 3 ride lighting modes: (always) On / Auto (using the light sensor) / (always) Off. This is mirored in the light setings in mobile app (changes instantly as you press AUX button)

Hope this helps to clarify any confusion ;)

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

just need to wait until my KS16 arrives in August.

Probably early August...  Here's some insights into what it involves to ship Wheels to the US these days:
- We pay the manufacturer for the Wheels
- Because of the Custom high-capacity battery packs, 2-4 weeks to assemble
- They are then shipped out to the forwarder, 2-4 days
- Everything is sent by sea-freight & therefore container consolidation, another 2-3 weeks
- The voyage across the Pacific, 2 weeks; if Miami, then another 1 week
- Customs Clearance: this last time it took 2 weeks to send to an inspection site for an 'intensive examination',  clear the goods & send back (at our expense) :(
- Send Wheels out to the Customers, depending where in the US you are, it could be another week. 

As you can see the worst case scenario is 12 weeks, but is typically 7-8 weeks from order date.

@Jason McNeil  Only kidding buddy? I know your hands are tied.  I would save your complete breakdown of shipping and inspection time frames for others to see. There is a great deal of logistics involved in shipping these EUC units to the USA. We all get use to Amazon overnight. I have received shipments from China in the past. Just the import paperwork required is insane. If Trump gets elected importing will become much more difficult. Another time and day. Thanks!

14 hours ago, HEC said:

@KingSong69 BT audio is not LE, it's normal BT audio connection like for headset. Only the KS app uses the BT LE for "telemetry" data transfer. The wheel contains two separate BT modules.

@Toma It is a bit confusing to understand. Here is how it works.

Situation A - wheel is powered off ( not ballancing, outer / side LED rings are off):

- Long press of aux button will turn on audio BT. You can connect your mobile or other BT audio source and play music via KS speakers. Volume is controlled via mobile or other audio source device.

- While the BT audio is on short press of AUX button will switch on both headlights in white ("torch" mode)

- Another short press of AUX button will turn off the "torch" lights

- Long press of AUX button (with lights on or off) will turn off audio BT  and also lights if still on

Situation B - wheel is powered on (ballancing, outer / side LED rings iluminated):

- Long press of AUX button will turn audio BT on or off the same way like in Situation A

- Short press of the AUX button is circling through 3 ride lighting modes: (always) On / Auto (using the light sensor) / (always) Off. This is mirored in the light setings in mobile app (changes instantly as you press AUX button)

Hope this helps to clarify any confusion ;)

Really appreciate this. I thought I had to a full short press for the lights to come on but it's a little half tap on the button. 

Everything good ?

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Probably early August...  Here's some insights into what it involves to ship Wheels to the US these days:
- We pay the manufacturer for the Wheels
- Because of the Custom high-capacity battery packs, 2-4 weeks to assemble
- They are then shipped out to the forwarder, 2-4 days
- Everything is sent by sea-freight & therefore container consolidation, another 2-3 weeks
- The voyage across the Pacific, 2 weeks; if Miami, then another 1 week
- Customs Clearance: this last time it took 2 weeks to send to an inspection site for an 'intensive examination',  clear the goods & send back (at our expense) :(
- Send Wheels out to the Customers, depending where in the US you are, it could be another week. 

As you can see the worst case scenario is 12 weeks, but is typically 7-8 weeks from order date.

Jason, each batch of your KS16s are sold even before they reach the US shore. So, why not order one container of them to save time and your expenses?

Now, many members have white and black glossy or not KS16s. Why not post their photos up for a beauty contest?

On 30.6.2016 at 5:44 PM, EUCMania said:

Jason, each batch of your KS16s are sold even before they reach the US shore. So, why not order one container of them to save time and your expenses?

I don't know that much about running a business, but I can see some risk in over-stocking too much some model that might go "out of favor" for any reason (new better model, some hardware problems not found yet etc.) and tying too much of your working capital into inventory..?

2 hours ago, esaj said:

I don't know that much about running a business, but I can see some risk in over-stocking too much some model that might go "out of favor" for any reason (new better model, some hardware problems not found yet etc.) and tying too much of your working capital into inventory..?

Yep Esaj, as usual, you're spot on! It can be a fiendishly damned difficult balancing act. What's changed in the past six months is that with the no longer available airfreight, fulfillment was much more expeditious & manageable than with 8-12 weeks to send over the seas.

Predicting the near future, at least for us, product range will be coalescing around a handful of models like the V5F+, KS16, & V3S. 

7 hours ago, esaj said:

I know this by now. Whenever @esaj says he doesnt know much about something, or that he is an amateur, you can bet your bottom dollar he is an expert at that! You can't fool us any more esaj lol 

Jason:

A way to reduce the risk while speedup the delivery is this: When you order a batch of KS 16 transported over ocean, order 1 spare battery pack for each KS 16. For next batch, you order KS16 without battery and air ship them here. This way, you can double your business without doubling the risk.

Archived