Jump to content

Electric Unicycle Protective Padding and Sleeve


OneWheelAtATime

Recommended Posts

Just thought I'd share the link with everyone. I'm not the seller, but I have one, and it's pretty comfortable: http://lindydesignlab.com/product/padded-sleeve-blue-king-song-14/

Basically these serve two functions: protecting the unicycle from scratches, and protecting your inner legs from getting damaged during your rides.

ps. Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but thought I'd share it since I have not seen this type of product anywhere else yet.

Blue Cover Side View.jpg

Blue Cover Front View.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the material waterprrof? Can it protect the top of the wheel from rain water getting into the seams? When folder how much room does it take and how much does it weigh? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine long time ago, so I can only speak about the one I own (From what I remember, I think the seller makes custom ones, out of different materials for different unicycles, based on custom requests). Mine is light, weighs under a pound, some-kind of rubberized soft material, I did ride my KS while it was raining many times, and it did not effect the sleeve as far as I can tell, and the water does not get into the seams (If the seller still accepts custom requests, you can probably get the dimensions you want to cover your particular brand... maybe ask if the seller can make it out of neoprene if padding is not your main concern, it was mine when I was starting out). Never folded mine, I've always just kept it on my wheel, so I don't know. I do not believe that the seller is a member of this forum, since I got mine over half a year ago, and the product never popped up here. So you'll have to contact the seller directly for any further information. Hope that helps...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2016 at 9:37 PM, Cloud said:

;Is the material waterprrof? Can it protect the top of the wheel from rain water getting into the seams? When folder how much room does it take and how much does it weigh? Thanks!

I believe this is EVA foam. An easy to find source is anti fatigue floor mats, the giveaway is the cross hatch pattern on one side. It looks like the seller then adds a coating, maybe plasti-dip spray? This is a very common technique in the cosplay world. The material itself is waterproof, but obviously, the open design makes that a moot point. It does not readily fold but it is very light.

Here's one I DIYed a while ago: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2071-eva-foam-fitted-padding-ks14/

Also, just for fun, here's a GizmoDuck costume I did for Halloween. It's made from the same EVA foam floor mat material, sprayed with plasti-dip for color.

kcyH3ET.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a product that would both protect and still allow for the awesome graphics on my NB1 E+ Flame Edition to show through. I just found the best cosmetic auto trim for that application.

It is clear plastic auto trim with 3M self adhesive backing. The profile is 3/8" thick so when placed on the high points of your EUC's shell that are most likely to become damaged from a fall this trim will protect it. 1 roll will  circle around your EUC's shells on both sides but if you want to cover additional areas best to purchase 2 rolls. Each roll is 16 foot long. Cost around $11.00 per roll at Amazon: .https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WT63M9Y/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very easy to apply. I did my NB1 in about 5 minutes. No heating. It bends and follows the contours perfectly. This product would be perfect for all EUCs. I plan to apply on my Inmotion V5F+ when it arrives.

  

 

IMG_3546gif.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@steve454 Thanks!  Yes your idea will certainly work! Love this stuff! You might find it cheaper elsewhere. I just like Amazon's quick shipping.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

It is clear plastic auto trim with 3M self adhesive backing. The profile is 3/8" thick so when placed on the high points of your EUC's shell that are most likely to become damaged from a fall this trim will protect it. 1 roll will  circle around your EUC's shells on both sides but if you want to cover additional areas best to purchase 2 rolls. Each roll is 16 foot long. Cost around $11.00 per roll at Amazon: .https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WT63M9Y/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_3539gif.gif

 

That looks fantastic! Now if only that would be available in / shippable to Europe ... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@HEC An automotive supplier must be able to order this for you in the UK. Cowles is a huge supplier of auto trim products. Can't believe they would limit their market to just the USA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@HEC An automotive supplier must be able to order this for you in the UK. Cowles is a huge supplier of auto trim products. Can't believe they would limit their market to just the USA. 

I was searching but nobody offers those anywher in Europe. One seller have those on ebay for terrible price and huge shipping cost ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...