Do you wish you could go faster?

yourtoys7

just went for a little run around town, amazing... but starting to feel little slow at times/ wanna go little fast :))

GotWay mcm v3, looking forward getting Msuper next year,

Do yo feel slow at time? post what you ride and your top/ enjoyable speeds...

IMG_0500.PNG

I went for a roll and did an errand to get a small parcel the other day.  I think if I had more protective gear I wouldn't mind going a little faster on my Ninebot One E+.  I'm really liking the range on this thing.  It sure beats 5-6 km per charge on my generic!   After 12.6 km I think I still have about half battery charge left.  I went over two overpasses a couple of times, but otherwise it was mostly flat sidewalks/streets on a windy day.  :ph34r:  The Ninebot does beep a couple of beeps and tilts back gently I found out. For now 16 to 20 kph is good enough for me.

IMG_1826.png

The other day i tailed a small group of amateur bicyclist. I was doing around 25 kph, when they overtook me. They were labouring in a slight headwind and the road went ever so slightly hill up.

I could not resist and speeded up. I went 30-31 for a while. I have set my KS 18 at full beeps at that speed. They looked back a few times with a "wtf..." look in their eyes. When the road stopped going up, after one or two minutes, I could no longer keep up.

I may have felt a little slow when they got away from me ...

for me 30kmh is the absolut max....nice riding is more at about 25-28 kmh for me...

but i would like to have the power reserves from a 40kmh wheel like the Ks18 1200 watt to feel more secure on bumps and winds and other things that could happen.....

4 hours ago, johrhoj said:

When the road stopped going up, after one or two minutes, I could no longer keep up.

Quite opposite with the bykers in my experience. They (not professionals) could overtake me easily downhill, not so often on the flat roads and never uphill where it's me to take them over (KS16)...the big fun is on really steep uphils where most of them are pushing their bykes and I "flow" up with 20 km/h :) Once, when the weather was hot, I had a request from a teen: "Please, come and tow me" :D

For me, and on a very good flat surface, a real and current 25 km/h max is OK/sufficient, and that is the reason why I keep the 3 bips alarm "on" on my G18, which occur exactly at this speed. But only if the EUC can really do that with zero problem, and so, I appreciate if it can go very faster, even if I don't use it.

It is  on those flat long road where you can easily push faster but you can't :( and it feels really slow (thats like going on HWY or freeway and maintaining street speed limit). In public area i'm ok with 10-15 km/h, but I do use this as transportation to work around 7 km. each way and there is areas where nice open road and wish I could push it faster.

Anyone seen knee pad/ elbow that would how well under cloths?

14 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

It is  on those flat long road where you can easily push faster but you can't :( 

I agree... That is the reason why I prefer a powerfull EUC , so I can easily push faster but I don't ;)

3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Anyone seen knee pad/ elbow that would how well under cloths?

I use from dainese the soft skin knee and elbow guards, which can be worn also under the clothes. Seem to do to well, but since i had no serious accident (knock on wood) i can't tell if they are comparable to "hard" protectors.

@Blunznhas some like mine in black from another company, which should also fit beneath the clothes.

16 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Do yo feel slow at time?

Yes !

I set the alarm's levels of my KS16 to maximums (beeps at 27, 28, 29 kph and tiltback at 30 kph). I often ride with all the beeps sounding (I reduce speed when tiltback)...

Personally, when the ground is smooth and clear, I gladly would ride at a cruising speed exceeding 30 kph (but I need good protective gear to feel safe in the event of unexpected engine shut-off at that speed ! That's only the risk of faceplant (the wheel capabilities and reliability) that will make me ride more slowly now.)

Archived