Fun moment

Paddylaz

I felt a moral obligation to share this anecdote of today's ride in London's Hyde park.

Was just approaching nightfall and I was going through Hyde park into Kensington Gardens (for anyone who knows London). The light was fading and I was a few shots of vodka in because of a friend's b'day in the park earlier. I had my lights on and was doing 28-30 km/h with some fairly intense, reckless slaloming because I was bored......and judgement was skewed ?

Suddenly.....police sirens (IN the park) and I stop as a police SUV/VAN stops me. The conversation is as follows:

Driver policeman: "You can't be doing 20mph in no cycle lanes. The no cycle lanes refer to YOU TOO, not just bicycles.......*pause*......what is that anyway?!

Me: "it's a gyro-wheel.....like a Segway but faster and you have to balance yourself like a tightrope walker"

Policeman at back of van: "Awesome"

Driver Policeman: *gives policeman at back of van an irritated look*....

"well..........just slow down next time and think about safety."

......drives off irritated

????

Fantastic! how nice of them.

I once was to drunk to ride my bike, and I was walking (on the sidewalkà with my bicycle next to me, when a police van stopped me.

They asked me how much I had been drinking, and I said 'just a few', when I lost grip, the bicycle started to fall, and when I tried to grab it, I fell on top of it.......:blink:

Just imagine, they then ordered me to lock it up and leave it there, or they would book me for a drunken and disorderly.....

I now I understand your strong (justified) bias to the Lhotz when people ask you advice on which EUC to buy :D

Is it me, because I feel I ride a lot better while drinking rather than sober.  I'm much more relaxed.

1 hour ago, Czestnut said:

Is it me, because I feel I ride a lot better while drinking rather than sober.  I'm much more relaxed.

Yeah I've been saying this for ages.....although I've stopped now in case forum members start to think I have a drinking problem :P

There's a pub opposite the park where I've befriended the manager/employees. My usual routine on a saturday or sunday is to come in for a couple of pints. Chat to them and take the wheel out to the park whilst they keep the charger behind the bar.

When I come back, if I fancy a second session Ill charge the wheel there, and have another couple of pints and/or food.

4 pints is about the limit for me. Thats usually when I'm most skilled on the wheel. Anymore of course and it's, ahem, the start of 'diminishing returns.....'

32 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Yeah I've been saying this for ages.....although I've stopped now in case forum members start to think I have a drinking problem :P

There's a pub opposite the park where I've befriended the manager/employees. My usual routine on a saturday or sunday is to come in for a couple of pints. Chat to them and take the wheel out to the park whilst they keep the charger behind the bar.

When I come back, if I fancy a second session Ill charge the wheel there, and have another couple of pints and/or food.

4 pints is about the limit for me. Thats usually when I'm most skilled on the wheel. Anymore of course and it's, ahem, the start of 'diminishing returns.....'

I guess then that Ballmer peak also applies to EUCs:

ballmer_peak.png

;)

8 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Wow, that would be a LOT of beer for me. I'm only about 70kg soaking wet so maybe it's a bit different. I do notice that I ride more relaxed after one beer but I don't think I'd try it with any more than that.

Archived