What is the most popular EUC brand / model ridden in France and China?

I'm guessing that China and France are the two countries where EUCs are ridden the most.  What are the most popular brands being bought there?  Does Ninebot, IPS or Solowheel have the most numbers being sold?  What is the most common EUC being used there?  Does anyone have any statistics on units sold?

GotWay seems to be on the rise with their highly rated products with good specs while KingSong is also a popular brand.  I'm guessing from videos that KingSong is more popular in China while GotWay is less common?  Solowheel probably only has a minor stake in Chinese sales?

A Chinese article saying that in 2014, Chinese manufacturers made about 800k EUCs, and a little over 1 million in 2015. Most of them were sold inside China. Chinese market are more sensitive to prices, so most of these EUCs were not the expensive ones such as Gotway or Kingsong models. IPS, Airwheel, CXM were top sellers initially.  9B1s came later but growing strongly. The crowd funding for NB1 A1 got over 23k orders in about 1 month. Gotway, Rockwheel were considered as hobbyist EUC. Kingsong is a late comer. Kingsong claimed that it sells over 1k EUC per month. GW, RW, KS are among the expensive EUCs. Nb1 achieved a good balance of price, specs and aesthetics and is well supported and hence should be the one sold the most.

I usually ride in Paris, so I can't really say for whole France, but last year, Gotway made a huge entrance, with the MCM2 and MSuper.

We usually ride in group (from 6 to 30), and at the time there were a few ninebots, and mostly gotways. Then many people who had ninebots bought gotways to ride longer.

Then KingSong released the KS14C, and it was a huge (deserved, I think) success. Around the same time, Gotway released MCM4, which had issues, mostly fixed in MCM4HS.

They are a bit slow to deliver ACM16"...

While Kingsong recently released KS16B, and it's a big success again. Although I agree KS is a late comer, you see a lot of them.The KS16B with 840Wh batteries were sold out even before retailers received them !

Again, this is mostly in Paris (and Nantes, that has a new KS and Gotway shop)

Ninebot sales are probably good (they don't really communicate about these), because they are distributed in a network of shops France-wide, but I don't see that many, honestly.

Solowheel is almost extinct. The Extrem was great but very expensive, with a short range, and they didn't release anything else for ages. People on Solowheel seldom ride with groups, probably because of their short range.

I've never heard of CXM before.  Here's a video of one of their products.

Offhand, they have an interesting scooter that has a 50 Kph speed rating which is amazingly fast if the specs are accurate.  I don't know if I'd want to go that quickly on such small wheels.

http://www.chexiaomi.net/en/products/446.html

Why do you think there is such a high acceptance of EUC riding in Paris versus the rest of the world?  I remember seeing on the 360urban site before it got sold out a huge number of wheelers concentrated in Paris.  It just doesn't  seem to be taking off in Canada as far as I'm seeing.  I do see a couple of hoverboard riders around town, but that's about it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2016 at 11:30 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I've never heard of CXM before.  Here's a video of one of their products.

Offhand, they have an interesting scooter that has a 50 Kph speed rating which is amazingly fast if the specs are accurate.  I don't know if I'd want to go that quickly on such small wheels.

http://www.chexiaomi.net/en/products/446.html

Why do you think there is such a high acceptance of EUC riding in Paris versus the rest of the world?  I remember seeing on the 360urban site before it got sold out a huge number of wheelers concentrated in Paris.  It just doesn't  seem to be taking off in Canada as far as I'm seeing.  I do see a couple of hoverboard riders around town, but that's about it.

I know well Cxm , I like the design of their EUC. a8 16" and qq 14" have the same motor/controller .(350w/18km/h)

Now i'm happy with my cxm qq...after I have disassembled it 3 times , printed some parts and fixed all the problems. It comes with some scratchs too ..payed as new.

So If you like the design and want spent some time to disassembly-assembly-repair ...you can buy :D:D(but qq is out of production they have some spare parts to assembly some euc)

same products http://tomoloo.com/Product/Electric_unicycle/264.html

but discontinued too :)

On 5/1/2016 at 11:30 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Why do you think there is such a high acceptance of EUC riding in Paris versus the rest of the world?

I'm seeing big groups in asia too, on my facebook page.

In Paris, I think we owe a lot to Guillaume who created the Eroue shop at the begining of 2015 (I think), and who became the Gotway importer for France.

In his first little shop one year ago, he was not just selling wheels, but he was befriending his customers, and organizing big meetings open to everyone, so that we ride together (and, he paid for beer, too, smart move.). The next one is on Sunday, june 26, and he hopes to gather 200 wheelers !

So people met, groups appeared and as soon as spring 2015 there was a weekly meeting every Friday night, for rides in Paris that ended the next day :)

He now has a much bigger shop near the Seine, and opened two more in Bordeaux and Rouen.

Before him, we had the Solowheel reseller, who failed to do any of this. As a result, Solowheel, and wheels in general, were kept pretty confidential (the price didn't help), and parisian Solowheelers now have the reputation that BMW bikers had: they don't say hi ;). He and his staff also tried to ruin Gotway's reputation last year, but they are now selling them.

So there are at least four specialized shops in Paris just for wheels, and a couple others that also sell scooters and other stuff, and at least 4 big companies with store all over France, La Fnac (selling ninebot), Darty (selling crap*), Boulanger (ninebot), and Go Sport (selling crap*).

Now we can only hope for better legislation, it's been talked about, like allowing using bike lanes.. (we do, but it's not really allowed), and being able to have insurance.

(*) I haven't actually tried them, but then I do not pretend to be unbiased.

Within China Gotway is more dominant.  Internationally Kingsong are more so but I believe that's because Gotway until recently haven't ventured out of China.  Buyers from abroad wanting to buy them had little means to communicate as they did not speak the same language.

So although Kingsong were a newer company they quickly grew from their international sales and now are level in their tech with Gotway's.

On 6/24/2016 at 1:30 AM, steve454 said:

It's good to see groups of people riding together, on different brands of wheels.  What is the big three,Gotway, Ninebot, Kingsong?

Yes, definitely these 3.

20 hours ago, Chuts said:

Internationally Kingsong are more so but I believe that's because Gotway until recently haven't ventured out of China

In france at least we got Gotway about one year before we got KingSong. I think (but I have no figures, it's just a feeling and I may be wrong) that they are about equivalent here now.

On June 25, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Reivax said:

What is the big three,Gotway, Ninebot, Kingsong?  Yes, definitely these 3.

What about IPS? Are they also a major player?

1 hour ago, Shoe73 said:

What about IPS? Are they also a major player?

All I can say is that I don't see many in Paris. Last meeting with more than 100 wheelers, I don't remember seeing one, but then I wasn't really looking.

You may check at 3:40 in this video, we can see almost all of the wheelers:

although it might not be easy to recognize them with all the customization on many wheels...

Should actually group by people rather than by country.

Beginners and people who ride casually - Will tend to own the generic EUs.

Advanced riders with tend to go for the IPS, Ninebot, Firewheel, Rockwheels.

EU elite will go for the KS and Gotways.

People who ride EUs as part of a hobby will naturally spend more money on their hobby.  Exactly the same with every other hobby out there.

Hi,

In France, at least where I live, I have mostly seen:

1. Ninebot One E+ (x5)

2. Kingsong ks14 (x4)

3. Solowheel S300 (x3)

4. Kingsong ks16 (x2)

5. Gotway mcm2s (x2)

6. Solowheel xtreme (x1)

7. Airwheel x3 (x1) / Airwheel Q3 (x1)

However, where I live, there is at most 30 riders, so that is not very representative of France ^^

4 minutes ago, Chuts said:

Should actually group by people rather than by country.

Beginners and people who ride casually - Will tend to own the generic EUs.

Advanced riders with tend to go for the IPS, Ninebot, Firewheel, Rockwheels.

EU elite will go for the KS and Gotways.

People who ride EUs as part of a hobby will naturally spend more money on their hobby.  Exactly the same with every other hobby out there.

Sorry but while it may seem logical, it is not really what I observed in 100+ people groups.

And I feel country is relevant since wheels are not available the same way in different countries. For instance Ninebot is the easiest to find, in France, for beginners, because they are sold in a chain of shops (FNAC) that otherwise specializes in books, CD, DVDs, computers and such.

(warning, troll incoming)

If advanced riders were to spend more money, they would ride Solowheels, which we all know is not the case, since they want speed and power rather than looks and the feeling to be riding a chewing gum blob.

11 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

In France, at least where I live, I have mostly seen:

1. Ninebot One E+ (5)

2. Kingsong ks14 (4)

3. Solowheel S300 (3)

4. Kingsong ks16 (2)

5. Gotway mcm2s (2)

6. Solowheel xtreme (1)

7. Airwheel x3 (1) / Airwheel Q3 (1)

However, where I live, there is at most 30 riders, so that is not very representative of France ^^

I think Denis in the video you posted yesterday is riding a MSuper :), and someone else a KS18.

4 hours ago, Reivax said:

Sorry but while it may seem logical, it is not really what I observed in 100+ people groups.

And I feel country is relevant since wheels are not available the same way in different countries. For instance Ninebot is the easiest to find, in France, for beginners, because they are sold in a chain of shops (FNAC) that otherwise specializes in books, CD, DVDs, computers and such.

(warning, troll incoming)

If advanced riders were to spend more money, they would ride Solowheels, which we all know is not the case, since they want speed and power rather than looks and the feeling to be riding a chewing gum blob.

Without facts or figures I put out a general statement.  So can't see where you have the audacity to say otherwise without any yourself.

Although not directly in China my riding group in Hong Kong with maybe around 20-30 people (I really can't tell because not everyone can make every riding event) is mostly dominated by Gotways.  The most are the MSupers then MCM4s, these 2 models probably make up half of the group already.  ACM16 and KS16 are about the same with around 3-5 and IPS and Ninebot are around 1-2 each, finally one guy who rides a Firewheel.

1 hour ago, Chuts said:

Without facts or figures I put out a general statement.  So can't see where you have the audacity to say otherwise without any yourself.

How ? Well I based my statements on facts, since I attended 4 large gatherings of more than 100 wheelers, and countless ones with more than 10.

And all I'm saying is that my observation does not confirm your theory.

10 hours ago, Reivax said:

How ? Well I based my statements on facts, since I attended 4 large gatherings of more than 100 wheelers, and countless ones with more than 10.

And all I'm saying is that my observation does not confirm your theory.

So what you really saying is that you have nothing and continue to base what you say on nothing, because the internet will always want you to prove what you say is true with evidance and if you can't then you can't call someone else out as being wrong because you have nothing to suggest that you are right.

So unless you have a video of 400 people which you can clearly identify what EUs everyone is riding then anyone can call you talking BS.

My BS story for today is I personally know 1000 people in France who all have Gotways.  Its true because I've seen it with my own eyes and what I say is, fact.

13 hours ago, Chuts said:

Although not directly in China my riding group in Hong Kong with maybe around 20-30 people (I really can't tell because not everyone can make every riding event) is mostly dominated by Gotways.  The most are the MSupers then MCM4s, these 2 models probably make up half of the group already.  ACM16 and KS16 are about the same with around 3-5 and IPS and Ninebot are around 1-2 each, finally one guy who rides a Firewheel.

As far as I'm aware Hong Kong has only ONE physical euc shop ("meatball's").  He is a HK sole distributor for Gotway so I think that might explain why there are so many Gotways (as a percentage of all hk eucs).

Gentlemen, gentlemen, in the big picture it doesn't really matter too much who's riding what as long as everyone's having a good, safe time.  I was just curious as to some statistics purely to know about what's popular in different countries.  Whether I receive empirical, evidence based information or a general, biased opinion I'll never know whether it's a fact or not, and really what does it matter.

MooHoo could have the majority sales in Timbuktu while Osdrich has major sales in Australia.  I'll probably buy whatever's on sale for the best price with the best feature set for my budget anyways and be happy with that.  Who's got the best wheels?  Who knows and who really cares.  What I do know is that arguing on the internet is pretty futile just as trying to argue a point with a complete stranger you meet on the street is not really productive.  Everyone has their own opinion so have your own and right or wrong to you, try to respect each other's. B)

• esaj locked this topic

Archived