Ronin

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

If the teeth fail to hold the suspension you would just have the minimum suspension height right?

If one tooth set is damaged or breaks, you would have to start using a different tooth set altogether because the metal in one tooth set is contorted and depressed over time if the metal is not sufficient, making for a connection that isn't snug, making the suspension click as you ride because it's no longer snug, banging the tooth set together, damaging it faster. 

The good thing is that there are multiple levels of adjustment so if your favorite area is damaged you can switch to another and still ride while you order a replacement gear (or whatever you call it). The metal used in that gear has to be quite high quality for it to not get loose over time considering the forces acting on those teeth relative to their surface area. 

Edited by xiiijojjo

Ecodrift posted on Telegram that they will be getting a test sample of the Nosfet Apex-01 within a few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that dropping.

IMO, that will give the best technical insight into how well the engineering of this wheel has been implemented, rather than any of the so-called YouTube influencers!

https://t.me/ecodriftnews/1392

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

Q: Why would you get this over Lynx/(current Begode 168v wheel), if price is similar ? 

I'm not in their target customer, but i would take it over the Lynx/ET Max for the considerably longer suspension travel, ability to set suspension travel and height, wider tyre clearance, balance, less weight, i also like the looks of the Apex a more than the Lynx and the ET Max.

The cons (that you didnt ask for, i know) mostly are about elements that needed to be removed in their use and design objective, so I'm not counting them (trolley handle, easiness of installing a seat)

Edited by Manoloco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

Q: Why would you get this over Lynx/(current Begode 168v wheel), if price is similar ? 

For the 150mm suspension travel so that we can adjust it to the lowest setting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree if the linkage ratio is right having more travel is a game changer
We experienced this evolution in the early 2000s with 100/120/150/180 then 200mm MTBs
Today 130mm is just a touring mtb classified as "all mountain" if you want some fun 150/160mm is the norm ripping trails

• Like 3

6 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

If you like the Lynx as a package, but would like it to be more off-road biased. For jumps and drops and rutted trails.

Many people on here are road warriors with off-road to them being a gravel path. But if you do drops and jumps of any sort, then better travel is a god send. Get an air shock and pump the bad boy up (the DNM coil shock is going to be too soft) and it would feel so nice.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 12:48 AM, fbhb said:

Xaio Wu looking over the Apex-01:

Video courtesy of Telegram

Honestly, the look of it at the lowest height position is so nice and nostalgic. Not needing tools or suspension compromises (e.g. V13 delete blocks) to create that chill road ride, then just raising the linkage for my non-frequent ripping around pastures is a great QOL all-in-one. It just really needs more modern tire options right now. 

7 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

I agree if the linkage ratio is right having more travel is a game changer
We experienced this evolution in the early 2000s with 100/120/150/180 then 200mm MTBs
Today 130mm is just a touring mtb classified as "all mountain" if you want some fun 150/160mm is the norm ripping trails

Linkage have to be compromise to serve both 205 and 220 shocks. Maybe there will be 2 linkage, otherwise it will work well on just one of them or average on both. If suspension travel is 150mm for 220 shock than same linkage give you much less travel on 205 shock.

48 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Linkage have to be compromise to serve both 205 and 220 shocks. Maybe there will be 2 linkage, otherwise it will work well on just one of them or average on both. If suspension travel is 150mm for 220 shock than same linkage give you much less travel on 205 shock.

It would vary, but I don't think its dramatic as the video we see is with the 205mm DNM TRU8RC and it seems like the wheel can be pulled out to full extension.

@NOSFET Electric Dreams can you clarify this?

Ewheels product description says:

Electronics: latest generation Lynx/Sherman-L controller with peak power output of 330A, integrated LCD display, exception data-logging & other standard features of the LK firmware.

Which makes sense, same as Lynx, but then there is this slide that says dual board 840A?

image.thumb.jpeg.7fc8a7c8694d1e09e2e77278df4712e8.jpeg

• Like 1

330A is the phase current limit(fw) and 840A the 36 fets(hw)

They started this type of marketing on inmotion sheets V13 V14, same for the "torque"(tractive force) 800N 

Edited by Bizra6ot

58 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

EWheels has preorders up HERE

tubeless street and knobby options available ❤️

yeahh ! :-)  in 4 month or so:  Europe....  But that's only because we dont have politicans controlling the weather :P and other funny stuff like that.

On 10/14/2024 at 2:48 PM, fbhb said:

Ecodrift posted on Telegram that they will be getting a test sample of the Nosfet Apex-01 within a few weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that dropping.

IMO, that will give the best technical insight into how well the engineering of this wheel has been implemented, rather than any of the so-called YouTube influencers!

https://t.me/ecodriftnews/1392

Be nice. It's s a "so-called" youtuber who told you and the world about this wheel first while you were ignoring its existence. Not everything about them is that bad no?;)

3500$ at Ewheels. New wheels prices are in general dropping down slowly! First Blitz, now this one. Very nice!

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 2

IMO, if they want to show the world this wheels durability, send one to Wrong Way, love or hate him, he’ll beat the crap out of it. If it passes his use case, it’ll do alright. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Electronics: latest generation Lynx/Sherman-L controller with peak power output of 330A, integrated LCD display, exception data-logging & other standard features of the LK firmware.

Which makes sense, same as Lynx, but then there is this slide that says dual board 840A?

It's FW limited to 330A, which will be the limiting factor for peak power. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

It's FW limited to 330A, which will be the limiting factor for peak power. 

Same as Lynx which again makes sense but that 840A number makes less sense. 😅

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Same as Lynx which again makes sense but that 840A number makes less sense. 😅

This is the hardware limit i.e maximum peak current that can be reached by the 6x6 parallel mosfets 

For example, on the ETmax 8 parallel 48 fets = 1200A