Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

The container is arriving this Tuesday, hopefully shipping out by the end of next week, but it all depends on what mood Customs are in.

Can you pretty please change your international shipping policy so I can order some of the spare parts you supply?

congratulations on everybody getting their sherman l soon.

i'm a little sad i cancelled my order, but for me to enjoy the l out here, first i need miles of multiuse paths. 

it is a beautiful wheel, but for my needs, power to weight ratio is the most important, not range. on pavement the extra 14 pounds wouldn't be noticeable.

i've already got my custom parts for the lynx, so i'll probably get another lynx and dismantle the 70lb one and see if the trolley handle can be fixed.

the govt/develpers  didn't even build sidewalks on my adjacent road and i won't ride with vehicular traffic around here. 

it's scary going to my mailbox.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'm a little sad i cancelled my order, but for me to enjoy the l out here, first i need miles of multiuse paths. 

Maybe I am missing something?

For your use case, you already have the right wheel. 

You don't need the extra range offer by the Sherman-L, nor do you ride at very high speeds. Why put up with extra baggage when there aren't really any real benefits. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 9:43 PM, techyiam said:

Maybe I am missing something?

For your use case, you already have the right wheel. 

You don't need the extra range offer by the Sherman-L, nor do you ride at very high speeds. Why put up with extra baggage when there aren't really any real benefits. 

yeah, that's why i cancelled my pre-order with jason. i can still be sad that i'm not getting a new wheel because that's always fun, and i still think it will be a great street wheel, i just don't have much for streets at the ranch.

i'm lucky to get 15 minutes away from Bob. 

i just rode a little while ago, new shorter route, only about half of the ranch, but the more obscure and hiding places for coyotes and trespassers. 

i have learned what i like riding the same route with different wheels.

the v13's take a little more warm up to get comfortable, but because of the massive stock knobby, they edge out the lynxes in ride comfort.

the lynxes work really really well. i'm extremely gentle with my wheels. my terrain is tough. but no jumps, no hard accelerations, no abuse of any kind. i just want to be transported around my ranch safely and efficiently. i figure i can get about 3 rides before charging. 

about 4 miles.  i hate freemounting but i learned a new trick on tree hugging stopping and mounting. i don't have kickstands so i gotta lean the wheel on something. the lynxes are easier to stop.

i'll get the hang of freemounting in another 7 years.

IMG_0484.thumb.png.30214eb45c20bc10d5aee7fd2ec0d84f.png

IMG_0485.thumb.png.06513596f26f97de8f45ed49cd03f0c3.png

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

u know, i bet the sherman l would be a comfortable ride out here, because v13 at 120 pounds is the best. lynx at 90 close second. s22's third place, and s18 dead last. s18 is a fine street wheel and can do the ranch but beats u up. i think weight helps soften the impacts on my feet. 

if the sherman l ships with a good knobby that can carry it's weight and mine, i might be looking at it again. i don't mind the weight, i think it will be preferred, but not on a 267lb max loading tire. works fine on the lynx but i practically ride naked.

i know how that city grip 2 looking tnt will perform out here, ok, but not as good as a big ol fat knobby. 

handling is such a blend of suspension, tire, motor, controller, firmware, etc etc, when u do get a wheel formula that works, it's hard to try something new like a blitz or f22. i'm thinking this vertical shock absorbers for my lame style of riding, like on the lynx and v13, works better than the rear coil thing on the s22.  

On 8/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, Jason McNeil said:

The container is arriving this Tuesday, hopefully shipping out by the end of next week, but it all depends on what mood Customs are in.

Are all the first batch Sherman-Ls already spoken for? If so when can we expect batch 2?

• Like 1

Mines on the road! Paid a fortune to expedite but it’s looking like it will make it the day/night before I leave state on Saturday morning! I’ve got a 24hr drive if done in one sitting but that’s not going to happen….lol. I’m splitting the drive in half. Looks like I’ll be setting it up in hotel rooms along the way if I don’t stay up Friday night!

Edited by Standard4130
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seba said:

For your information - the latest update of EUC World was released yesterday. One of the new features in version 2.48.0 is full support for the Sherman L. Interestingly, at this moment, EUC World not only offers the full functionality of the original LeaperKim app but also includes features that the factory app lacks. For example, you can set the level of dynamic assist (also known as "acceleration assist") directly from the app, something that the LeaperKim app does not offer. EUC World also allows you to download the event logs from the wheel, which is not only saved but also immediately decoded. Of course, the latest version of EUC World fully supports all the new settings introduced in the latest firmware updates for the Sherman L. By the way, everything I mentioned also applies to the Lynx and, to the extent that the firmware of a given wheel allows, to older wheels as well.

I would like to extend a very warm thank you to @Jason McNeil from eWheels, without whom these features could not have been developed so quickly. eWheels once again significantly supported the development of EUC World, this time by providing a Sherman L for the development work on EUC World.

That is awesome! Could you please take another look at pedal angle setting? Both Lynx and SL supports decimal points but EUC World can only read and set integers.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Could you please take another look at pedal angle setting?

Could you please update to 2.48.0 and take another look at pedal angle setting? :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seba said:

Could you please update to 2.48.0 and take another look at pedal angle setting? :D

Awesome! Thank you! ❤️

Got my SL today. Thanks @Jason McNeil for fast shipping!

Leaperkim Android app is connecting, but not detecting the wheel properly (have the latest version from Play Store). Is it a known issue? Will try to re-install it / wipe the data.

EUC World works perfectly, can change the settings directly from the app. Thanks @Seba for timely update.

Now it's time to install Nylonove pedals, stick some velcro and put the pads on. Love that eWheels supplies the pre-cut velcro with the holes for the bolts. It's great even if you are not going to use the pads that come from eWheels, should work just fine for most third-party pads as well.

Will be working on a custom seat adapter for Surron (Luna) seats like I did for SS. Longs rides without a decent seat are a pain in the ass, literally.

Recently hit 10K miles total on my Sherman S. No issues at all (except the tire is bald and will need replacement soon, on the other hand, knobby has become a street tire and I'm getting more range on it than before).

Edited by JetSerge
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

Awesome. Is the trolley handle rattling when you go over bumps like Marty Beckie’s was doing?

No, it seems tight both locked up & down. I’ve only put 10 miles on the odometer tonight & didn’t notice it rattling. I’m away from the wheel at the moment but I’ll check it again when I get back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skampster said:

Awesome. Is the trolley handle rattling when you go over bumps like Marty Beckie’s was doing?

The trolley handle has a rubber piece that prevents it from rattling.

image.thumb.png.d0f1877e37e8a8dd958e629b99b09cff.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JetSerge said:

The trolley handle has a rubber piece that prevents it from rattling.

image.thumb.png.d0f1877e37e8a8dd958e629b99b09cff.png

@Marty Backe hey mate, does the Sherman you received that had the rattle have this rubber part under the handle, I’m hoping that Leaperkim did this to solve the issue. 

Trolly indeed has the before mentioned rubber overlay…. Seems quiet to me but I have some hearing loss…. It’s also nice to use & feels solid. Needs a seat to be comfortable sitting on, unless you like sitting on shovel handles, lol.

First impressions from my brief ride tonight…. Buttery smooth & quiet with the street tire. Also, stability is significantly better than the Lynx, most notably in braking. 

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

First impressions from my brief ride tonight…. Buttery smooth & quiet with the street tire. Also, stability is significantly better than the Lynx, most notably in braking. 

For pavement riding, how are you liking the TNT tire on your Sherman-L over the Shinko 244 tire on your Lynx, from the stability viewpoint at 35+ mph speeds?

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Trolly indeed has the before mentioned rubber overlay…. Seems quiet to me but I have some hearing loss…. It’s also nice to use & feels solid. Needs a seat to be comfortable sitting on, unless you like sitting on shovel handles, lol.

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

How do you like the new Beidou pads?  Did you take the toe block off the L?