New Extreme Bull Griffin 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 92lb

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to New Extreme Bull Griffin 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 92lb

I am curious that why the wheel  not equip with C40 motor?  Only ET max and EX30 both wheel equipped with C40 motor. Did they had the consideration of cost or the product positioning?

3 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

EB Wheel after EB wheel seeing such posts backed by thin air. They never tested a single EB wheel, just throw brand loyalty assumptions. EB has never disappointed performance wise since the commander pro. Best to try the wheel before saying it sucks! From their track record, I can safely predict that it won't disappoint. There's no need to oppose wheels, buy whatever you like, they are all great ! 

I agree, people should buy whatever they like, EB and Gotway included. I don't mind the fact that people like these brands, my loyalties lie with quality (fire history) and spare-part support years after the purchase.

I'm sure this EUC will be good fun to ride, and owners will love it. But as a consumer in the market for something with similar specifications, this just looks like a cheaper copy of the Lynx, and the cherry on top is the fact that this EUC seems to bring no innovations or optimizations, they just added LEDs into their handles. 

The one praise I will give this wheel is the rear mounted trolley handle. I also think copying the Lynx was a good move and applaud them for realizing how relevant Lynx is in the market right now, I just wish they'd done more with this clone than just moving the trolley handle to the rear. 

If this turns out to be suspensionless I will eat my words and probably buy this over the Lynx, but I really doubt it is.

Edited by xiiijojjo

This wheel is a bit weird.

For reference, there's the Commander GT (2400Wh 134V 4p), then this (2700Wh 151V 4p), then the Commander GT Pro (3000Wh 168V 4p). These are basically the same wheels, just with different voltages and the resulting battery sizes.

Not entirely sure why this exists. Just to have a Lynx clone exactly? To be lighter than the GT Pro? Simply because Why not?

Looks cool, though. Maybe having a sleeker, more refined design was the point here.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not entirely sure why this exists. Just to have a Lynx clone exactly? To be lighter than the GT Pro? Simply because Why not?

You may not have ridden the ET Max nor the Commander GT Pro.

These wheels ride very differently than the Lynx.

The Lynx sold well, so Begode / Leaper Kim need to come out with a direct Lynx competitor.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

$3399 USD at nextgenmobility.org

Not a bad price if that's the MSRP (as far as one exists).

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

You may not have ridden the ET Max nor the Commander GT Pro.

These wheels ride very differently than the Lynx.

The Lynx sold well, so Begode / Leaper Kim need to come out with a direct Lynx competitor.

Those extra few battery cells for a 168V 3000Wh wheel are a little over 1kg extra. So there doesn't need to be a big difference.

I guess my complaint is that the ET Max (and especially the GT Pro with its laughable battery boxes) should be designed like the Griffin, then one wouldn't need the Griffin. But they aren't, so the Griffin exists (and also isn't 168V for some reason... maybe those extra 5cm in battery height would have been too tall?).

50 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not a bad price if that's the MSRP (as far as one exists).

Those extra few battery cells for a 168V 3000Wh wheel are a little over 1kg extra. So there doesn't need to be a big difference.

I guess my complaint is that the ET Max (and especially the GT Pro with its laughable battery boxes) should be designed like the Griffin, then one wouldn't need the Griffin. But they aren't, so the Griffin exists (and also isn't 168V for some reason... maybe those extra 5cm in battery height would have been too tall?).

Seems like even the Griffin might have been a bit too tall, the battery boxes are quite a bit lower than the pedals, with suspension compressing it will be 10cm lower, might be the same situation as EX30 with battery boxes hitting things.

IMG_20240628_001518_375.thumb.jpg.558f25fb49d0bc90a81844e1b2eb0586.jpg

17 hours ago, YCC said:

Only ET max and EX30 both wheel equipped with C40 motor

Pretty sure the tile motor is a c38

17 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I just wish they'd done more with this clone than just moving the trolley handle to the rear

They also added a smart BMS. 

If begodes race mode is on this wheel then it'll be very good. The thing I've been the most disappointed with on the lynx is the sluggish off the line performance 

12 hours ago, Rawnei said:

might be the same situation as EX30 with battery boxes hitting things.

Looks more in line with the v14 battery box setup. Nowhere near as ridiculous as the ex30 battery hangers, but still probably not a great off roader 

I got confirmation that the Griffin will have waterproofing to the same degree that the GT has waterproofing.

Meaning: not waterproof.

If this wheel is going to be a lynx killer, which is their entire stated goal for this wheel, it absolutely has to have waterproofing to do so.

Also, I personally don't see the point in getting the 4000 Watt version when you can get the 4500 watt tile (ET Max) motor. For a negligible weight increase, an extra 500 watts + the tile factor, it seems like a no-brainer to me. Plus, the ET Max motor has a high degree of waterproofing.

Also, this wheel may end up being lighter than 92 lbs. EB has said that they are working on other weight saving measures to try to bring it down to 90 lb, if possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Mini has decent waterproofing, same as standard Begode wheels using a gasket under the top cover and silicone around the connectors and holes in the motherboard tray. No official waterproof rating, but good enough for me. I don't see this being any less water resistant.

14 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

The Mini has decent waterproofing, same as standard Begode wheels using a gasket under the top cover and silicone around the connectors and holes in the motherboard tray. No official waterproof rating, but good enough for me. I don't see this being any less water resistant.

This was roughly my impression too based on what owners have been saying. Since the first batch, owners have been reporting that EB have fixed the issues.

Do you ride in the rain, and have you open up your Mini? If yes, did you find any water ingress related problems. How are your wheel bearings?

Edited by techyiam

23 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is the width of the tire on this wheel narrower than the one on the ET Max?

Yup. According to the spec sheets.

ET Max -> 90/90-14

Griffin   -> 2.75-14

• Like 1

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

This was roughly my impression too based on what owners have been saying. Since the first batch, owners have been reporting that EB have fixed the issues.

Do you ride in the rain, and have you open up your Mini? If yes, did you find any water ingress related problems. How are you wheel bearings?

I ride in the rain and have opened up my wheel after, no water ingress problems and the bearings are holding up fine (so far). 

• Like 1

I for one am starting to find it hard to differentiate between all the models out there. That being said, I think it's great to have choices. 

My biggest issue with the EB stuff (atleast when I was looking at the commander mini) was the hard-wired lights and things. I hope they ditched that mentality for these newer wheels. They may have already, but I just am having a hard time keeping up with all the models :-) 

The extreme bull products always sparked my interest as they are actually pretty good and bit cheaper price. 

I sort of feel bad for distributers who have to choose what models to carry. 

A little off topic but just something I want to say. I think we all know by now who prefers what brands around here. Can we curb the trying to sell people on your favorite brands on these new wheel topics, and actually stick to discussions about the features, performance and things about the wheels.

I respect the opinions, but we can have a Brand A vs Brand B topic if you really want to have an honest discussion on why to be a fan of one brand. Just a thought. 

On 6/28/2024 at 10:58 AM, techyiam said:

Yup. According to the spec sheets.

ET Max -> 90/90-14

Griffin   -> 2.75-14

Since both of them have street tires, does this (the tire width) make the ET Max more stable at high speeds on road?

2 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Since both of them have street tires, does this (the tire width) make the ET Max more stable at high speeds on road?

Not necessarily. I don't believe it is that simple. I have ridden on a narrower tire that was more stable that a wider tire.

Also, stability is not the only criteria when choosing a tire.

Tire choice can have an immense effort on riding dynamics.

The only sure way is to ride the tires, IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

The only sure way is to ride the tires, IMO.

Never a truer word said. EUC is the only vehicle that has completely thrown out what I 'think' should/shouldn't work despite 35 years of MC/pushbike/car tyre experience.

I don't have a good answer as to why, but EUC are unique beasts for sure and as you say you really don't know how it's gonna ride until you actually try it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I imagine this wheel will be a better pavement race wheel than the Lynx due to the lower center of gravity of the battery packs. It paired with the C36 Tile motor from the ET Max should allow it to be a good upgrade over the Master V4 and Commander GT 50S C38. 

Alien Rides has them listed at $3200 so it's a $3040 wheel with a 5% discount code. I imagine it will be able to be charged at 20amps like the ET Max so it's a compelling wheel for those that don't need a ton of range between charges.

Edited by BleepBloopBlop