2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

After looking at disassembly video.. I just hope tire change is much easier to do.. Not needing to disassemble whole wheel to just do a tire change.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

AP1GczPhctw5QscrryLXF3ZH2ujNum8YHyQ6fIzZ

"Pedal sliders"??? Noooooooooo

From the disassembly video @ 38:10, Mr Lin calls them axle sliders, for protecting the suspension.

I suspect those sliders guide and support the suspension on the pedal-side (as opposed to the controller-side), with a purpose similar to Kingsong's sliders or Veteran's rollers.

They should also help reduce twisting forces present in two-arm fork designs.

It'll be interesting to see how these parts hold up in the wild over time.

Yep, those are not pedal sliders for adjustable pedal position.  They support the fork style suspsension

The upper aluminum block and lower block/pedal hanger bolt to the battery boxes and are stationary.  Their job is to hold the two steel guide rods.  The middle aluminum block is what holds the axle and attaches to the suspension fork.  It slides up and down on the steel guide rods and supports the end of the fork from moving in any direction other than up and down. 

Looks like the suspension design should be pretty durable and not likely to bind

I would think for tire changes, you could just remove the pedal hangers, unbolt the top of the suspension forks from the main chassis, and slide the motor out of the bottom with the suspension forks attached.  I'm guessing you would have to remove the pedals and main board cover to get to the necessary screws.

Overall I'm really pleased with what I saw!
I wish they had provided more information around the waterproofing, but I'll just have to check for myself when it arrives in early August. I'm really looking forward this wheel, and it will be my first Begode EUC as well :)

3 minutes ago, theDirtyMagician said:

Overall I'm really pleased with what I saw!
I wish they had provided more information around the waterproofing, but I'll just have to check for myself when it arrives in early August. I'm really looking forward this wheel, and it will be my first Begode EUC as well :)

Begode Information: You can ride in the ocean.

User Experience: It broke from light rain.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In the disassembly video he mentioned it's waterproofness is better than A2.

Just from YouTube video, where guy was showing the board.. You could see it has thick rubber around wires and all that. Only thing missing was the top cover rubber gasket that would seal the compartment itself.

Could not see almost anything in that 50min disassembly video anyways.. Need to see a proper video done on YouTube. 

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Begode Information: You can ride in the ocean.

User Experience: It broke from light rain.

6 screws holding the mainboard cover is convenient for maintenance, but it might not be enough screws to keep the seal compressed all the way around.  Especially if the plastic cover warps a little over time

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mclarin89 said:

6 screws holding the mainboard cover is convenient for maintenance, but it might not be enough screws to keep the seal compressed all the way around.  Especially if the plastic cover warps a little over time

Not needing to go in mainboard apartment in first place is much better and more convenient. They could make it 100% waterproof..

All manufacturers need to do is add some quick disconnect wires for batteries/motor middle of wire. My 18xl has connectors in middle of wire, i never need mess with mainboard or it's apartment.

Edited by Funky

Not as easy to do on a suspension wheel.  The s18 has a connector in the middle and it's kind of annoying because the connector is mounted to the suspension slider in between the two slider rods.  With the falcon having the kind of suspension it does I can't think of where they could stow a connector in the middle of the wire, it seems like there is no room for a bulky section of cable anywhere between the motor and main board.  If it had a hollow axle they could just stuff the connector inside the axle

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Thanks for the correction.
It looks like Leaperkim is using a metal channel guide:
https://ecodrift.ru/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/sherman-s-clamp.mp4?_=2
image.thumb.png.93905ca2e03c675f53cb04e5a8fa1191.png

There's no guide and none needed, suspension moves freely, top of stanchion attached to case and controller box.

Picture a motorcycle fork, same concept.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

For anyone interested in what it's like to walk up stairs with the Falcon:

Surely it's way easier and more comfortable to carry it upstairs with the trolley handle closed, and holding by either the front grab handle, or rear trolley handle closed position?

Photo may be outdated by u get the idea:

image.png.aa4513ec00388be5d44cb8db251ddbae.png

Edited by aaron_syd
Delete duplicate photo
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, aaron_syd said:

Surely it's way easier and more comfortable to carry it upstairs with the trolley handle closed, and holding by either the front grab handle, or rear trolley handle closed position?

Video was from Begode, so that seems to be the way they imagine it being done.

You could grab it by the front bar, but that wheel orientation means that you have the pedals jamming into your legs or being forced opened with each step.

In any case, it's apparent that this was not a use-case the wheel was ergonomically designed for.

Posted (edited)

Nah fam. I will be using my Jedi powers aka: the force to carry my wheel up/down stairs. I don't want to even touch side handles.. Centered or nothing! Also carrying it downstairs is much easier for the mind.

If nothing else - they surely were just showing off handle durability. (Still bad handle..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, aaron_syd said:

Photo may be outdated by u get the idea:

image.png.aa4513ec00388be5d44cb8db251ddbae.png

they look so fckin good omg

It looks like one bolt holding that trolley handle to the front mounting bracket, so replacing it with one that does have a center handle would be a few minutes of a job, you still will not have a lift switch, but at least you will have a good handle.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MadVlad said:

It looks like one bolt holding that trolley handle to the front mounting bracket, so replacing it with one that does have a center handle would be a few minutes of a job, you still will not have a lift switch, but at least you will have a good handle.

2 bolts on trolley itself. Or 6 bolts for whole orange front part..

How hard would be to add simple wire extension and simple waterproof button? I think very easy... You could even run the wire inside said new handle,

Drill small hole in the EUC body and hotwire it directly from original plug - now you got two lift switches..

Someone who has 3D printers - it would be very easy thing to do. Or one could buy pipes/tubes and weld small strong handle and drill big enough hole for screw in button, running wire true said pipe/tube. < I'm thinking of doing that. 2-4 weld spots. Or simple machine bends - for smooth and professional workmanship.

One could even simply add a small extruding "bump" of a handle to exiting trolley handle.. And zip-tie the wire to side of handle. Or if it's hollow inside - run wire true it.

Edited by Funky

I think the pricing on this wheel is absolutely ridiculous. 

a 24s2p pack with what is essentially MCM5/A2 internals is not worth $1600. 

42mph no load speed makes this a hair faster than an MCM5v2, given Begodes propensity for understating net weights I suspect this will come in closer to 60 lbs than 55, and there appears to be nothing regarding spring options for heavier/lighter riders  

But damn, shut up and take my money! This is the wheel I’ve been waiting for. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

I think the pricing on this wheel is absolutely ridiculous. 

a 24s2p pack with what is essentially MCM5/A2 internals is not worth $1600. 

42mph no load speed makes this a hair faster than an MCM5v2, given Begodes propensity for understating net weights I suspect this will come in closer to 60 lbs than 55, and there appears to be nothing regarding spring options for heavier/lighter riders  

But damn, shut up and take my money! This is the wheel I’ve been waiting for. :)

If A2 cost 1300-1500$.. Falcon for 1600$ sounds good. :D 

Yeah at 60lbs i'm not even interested anymore. (And you are right it won't be 55lbs.) Maybe someone someday will make awesome top notch 45lbs last mileage wheel. A2 is only "new" wheel around there and it's not so good.. Falcon performance wise would have been amazing, but at lass it's weight and handle isn't that awesome.

Meh.. Looks like i will never get to buy new wheel.. As the market is completely empty. 

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

If A2 cost 1300-1500$.. Falcon for 1600$ sounds good. :D 

Yeah at 60lbs i'm not even interested anymore. (And you are right it won't be 55lbs.) Maybe someone someday will make awesome top notch 45lbs last mileage wheel. A2 is only "new" wheel around there and it's not so good.. Falcon performance wise would have been amazing, but at lass it's weight and handle isn't that awesome.

Meh.. Looks like i will never get to buy new wheel.. As the market is completely empty. 

A2 costs 950 around these parts.