Wheel goals for 2024

novazeus

mine is build some nice trails and grow softer turf in my one acre round pen for training (after dinging my knee).

figuring on how to protect my body without getting heatstroke in the summer.

and customizing my s22's and v13's the way i want them.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

figuring on how to protect my body without getting heatstroke in the summer.

There are cooling vests offered for motorcycle riders that are drenched in water at the beginning of a ride and provide cooling for some hours. Try searching or asking on the advrider.com forum.

• Upvote 1

It's time that I really master pendulums, it's a must for 2024!

Also there's a pretty tall, narrow and scary tabletop at the local skatepark, I've attempted it long time before an MSP and fell on my ass couple of times, gotta collect my nerves and conquer it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yes, i must try pendulums once my golf course type turf grows in. i can probably master that quicker than not looking spastic freemounting. 

and u-turns on the v13's. any tight rh turn. yeah, i have a list once i have enough area.

None that i can think off..

Can ride one legged be right/left one. Can free-mount left/right leg, same for dismount.. Shitting/braking position was the first thing i learned.. Can ride backwards and do pendulum. Only thing haven't done is seated riding, but that's mostly because wheel is to small/short and i don't have a seat. 

Could go crazy and try handstand riding. But i don't see anything good coming out of that, only outcome i see is a broken arm under my 280lbs heavy ass. :D 

Honestly, kind of bored with euc already.. Nowadays i only use it for commuting. But that's mostly because i'm not outdoorsy guy..

What goals are there? Only to ride.. And be lucky enough to not get a cut-out, or a broken bone. :D 

• Upvote 1

My goal for 2024 is to reach at least 25,000km (15,534 miles) on my Sherman-S. I want to get in as much mileage and fun before Leaperkim eventually releases a higher voltage version that I might have to buy.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Funky said:

What goals are there? Only to ride.. And be lucky enough to not get a cut-out, or a broken bone. :D 

that is always goal number one. if i get hurt managing this 325 acre ranch by myself will be impossible. no race to the finish line and they don't hand out prizes out here for any daredevil riding. just riding around ot near pedestrians, or hills, is beyond what i've done. only once and they froze like deer in headlights. 

• Like 1

I’d like to learn to pendulum and or ride backwards. One of the reasons I bought an m10. I’ve done some practicing, but I have a long way to go.
Need to get more comfortable doing seated riding on my SS and do some loooooong range rides.
I have done some one legged riding on my current ride (KS18L). It’s a very nimble wheel. Because it hits higher on my leg I’m finding it easier then any of my other wheels. 

• Like 3

my ultimate goal originally was to be able to exercise 165 pound Bob. 

idk if that will ever worked. it was all i could to hold him today walking to the gate when the amazon truck showed up. he goes deaf when humans arrive. he loves humans. did not get that from me. 

but i know for us to ever have a chance, i gotta get great at stopping, dismounting and restarting because evidently there are new scents everyday. some u must roll in. 

when i finish my one acre round pen, we'll give wheel walking another try.

i need to build this. they say rome wasn't built in a day. i remind myself of that all the time. first priority is keeping Bob happy, then sneaking off for tractor time, but i gotta build these trails void of gopher holes and other anomalies. 

hardest part is hooking up the rotortiller to the tractor then just try and pick a path avoiding big holes. winter time when the grass is flat is the time to do it. i'm just lazy. 

coyotes are going crazy out there now and i can't really harass them until i get safe trails. i can't kill animals, but i have a paintball gun that could fire pepper balls i bet.

yeah buddy, my little s22 jeeps will be perfect for night trips around the ranch with its great high beams. scare the shit out of the coyotes. probably sneak right up on them. not racing them though. they can hit some high speeds. i wouldn't race them on my ktm 525exc  i just like them to know they aren't welcome here. obviously my 4 donkeys are slacking off.

idk though, living in a cave like at bat, my night vision is pretty amazing. if i can delineate my paths enough visually, i sb able to navigate at night with just ambient light, and that would be really cool. that and a tax stamp for a noise suppressor for my 45, would really be cool. tax stamp is more than the suppressor last i looked.

78B56997-C318-414C-AEDC-099CCD2E6360.png.62c2655bd303446012849e47ab815d94.png

roller came yesterday.

75A1A341-4685-421B-8E60-8F0D7206DEEF.thumb.jpeg.29de886348ea0ef89c7cf85d4d00f8b9.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Maybe @Elliott Reitz could give you some pointers or tips, he seems to have it down pat.

haha, Bob would drag elliot and his two little dogs all over the place. 

Bob and i weigh about the same now.

not Bob but about the same size. 

63387278-DA2E-4DB5-9CA4-7CFA4AE9428C.jpeg.a6edba2c0f7826bd1084b6a1eec962f6.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

Bob would drag elliot and his two little dogs all over the place.

Elliott's dogs are trained not to tug on the leash and pull him off of the wheel, the faster he goes the more they stay with him. They also are trained well enough to slow down if he pulls just slightly on their leash. Otherwise both of those dogs could pull anyone off their wheel. Bob looks like a great dog as well, i would think he would be smart enough to do the same.

15 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Elliott's dogs are trained not to tug on the leash and pull him off of the wheel, the faster he goes the more they stay with him. They also are trained well enough to slow down if he pulls just slightly on their leash. Otherwise both of those dogs could pull anyone off their wheel. Bob looks like a great dog as well, i would think he would be smart enough to do the same.

they couldn't pull me off a wheel.

Bob is more like if u exercised a horse on a lead. that would be fine in a round pen, but in the neighborhood if it got spooked for whatever reason, it's gone, Bob would be too, but for different reasons. my last dog was an australian shepherd, his training totally different from anatolian shepherds or kangals. very smart, the smartest says some movie animal directors, kate and leopold, the dogs movie, similar breed in the shooter, 

but Bob's job is guard dog. he's my eyes and ears. he knows how to act, but i'd never ever, put him in a position he could break away from me, like if he saw a coyote. or a human, that's his job. i've got cows i could walk easier than Bob. 

read up on anatolian shepherds, the dogs used in africa to protect the farmer's animals from big cats. trust me, at 743psi bite force, Bob is no poodle. 

i need Bob to keep all his wolf personality, and he has haha, a donkey snuck up behind him and got too close and Bob let her know. yeah, elliot's dogs would be snacks for my donkeys. they're too little like coyotes.

oh yeah, btw, unless these paths are lit, paved and fenced, Bob isn't going with me. i'd love a run where Bob couldn't get out, that's why i'm building the round pen. and definitely gonna till it and plant some kind of drought resistant bermuda so falling is softer and it will be smoother. be nice to have an actual lawn without cows on it and no trees. one acre is huge. i won't even leave Bob unsupervised in this new round pen that will be 6' high. can't chance it anymore. humans do 80 on the 30 mph road. 

btw, Bob and i use to do the elliot thing a long time ago, but he was fine, until he wasn't and lunged once because he was excited about something, and pulled away. i've got too many bad things out here that could kill Bob. cows, donkeys, alligators, etc if he got off leash even if i had my whole perimeter fenced in 8' chainlink, which i'm considering. 

Edited by novazeus

beautiful day here in tampa.

this is what i’ll be wearing in 2024, esp after my tuesday minor dismount and bruising my knee.

i paid a bunch of money for these and they would have prevented this injury, on dirt, ya, just dirt can f u up!

i’m tired of injuring myself just for being stupid! i hated these because they are big and clunky, so i spent thirty minutes adjusting them and now walking Bob in them so i get use to wearing them.

happy new year everybody and please don’t get hurt.

i figured out why tortoises live so long, speed kills.

EC5BE09D-FF0C-4158-A6CD-DD36A2CA217D.thumb.jpeg.e3c72878fd6ea864359b2e2c85afad51.jpegD22E1587-E1C8-4E89-908C-F299D95104C9.thumb.jpeg.78ca74d0abe64a644dc26fdeb7202bc1.jpeg29FE5509-0C08-4E15-AC61-62F726965370.thumb.jpeg.7315a7787d4554640dc31c1358735c03.jpeg

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

beautiful day here in tampa.

this is what i’ll be wearing in 2024, esp after my tuesday minor dismount and bruising my knee.

i paid a bunch of money for these and they would have prevented this injury, on dirt, ya, just dirt can f u up!

i’m tired of injuring myself just for being stupid! i hated these because they are big and clunky, so i spent thirty minutes adjusting them and now walking Bob in them so i get use to wearing them.

happy new year everybody and please don’t get hurt.

i figured out why tortoises live so long, speed kills.

EC5BE09D-FF0C-4158-A6CD-DD36A2CA217D.thumb.jpeg.e3c72878fd6ea864359b2e2c85afad51.jpegD22E1587-E1C8-4E89-908C-F299D95104C9.thumb.jpeg.78ca74d0abe64a644dc26fdeb7202bc1.jpeg29FE5509-0C08-4E15-AC61-62F726965370.thumb.jpeg.7315a7787d4554640dc31c1358735c03.jpeg

One point i also wanted to get them. Doh the cheaper 100$ ones, but at the end i didn't.. I already got some cheap ones, that i use for "fun" rides and that's "good enough" for me. 

Also i don't go for "fun" rides that much anyways. And while commuting to work i'm not wearing them anyways. So i decided i won't get them..

Props staying safe doh. :thumbup: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

One point i also wanted to get them. Doh the cheaper 100$ ones, but at the end i didn't.. I already got some cheap ones, that i use for "fun" rides and that's "good enough" for me. 

Also i don't go for "fun" rides that much anyways. And while commuting to work i'm not wearing them anyways. So i decided i won't get them..

Props staying safe doh. :thumbup: 

haha, the really stupid thing was, and it wouldn’t  have matter with this side blow impact,

i almost didn’t wear my soft leatt sock type knee protectors, and right nect to me, were some nice ones just like the $100 leatt’s but demons i bought on sale. neither one would have prevented this injury.

underneath i’m weaing the long pants padded  butt demons and these shin protectors the weight lifters use which i will never ride without. most of the blood and skin i’ve lost since 2017 has come from the inside of my right ankle. my right leg has taken a beating since i discovered wheels 7 years ago.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, novazeus said:

most of the blood and skin i’ve lost since 2017 has come from the inside of my right ankle. my right leg has taken a beating since i discovered wheels 7 years ago.

Sounds like a "skill" issue to me. :D (Jokes..)

I only once had blue ankle - which i got first week, when i was learning. Afterwards i learned my lesson and never in past 3 years gotten hit again. 

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Sounds like a "skill" issue to me. :D (Jokes..)

I only once had blue ankle - which i got first week, when i was learning. Afterwards i learned my lesson and never in past 3 years gotten hit again. 

get a “challenger”!

• Haha 1

wheel goals for 2024:

- wish all pev riders a safe and 'drama'-free 2024 riding season !!!

- finally get that new euc - Patton, Lynx, V14, S22 (project wheel), Extreme, T4, blah, blah, blah...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:31 PM, novazeus said:

my ultimate goal originally was to be able to exercise 165 pound Bob. 

idk if that will ever worked. it was all i could to hold him today walking to the gate when the amazon truck showed up. he goes deaf when humans arrive. he loves humans. did not get that from me. 

but i know for us to ever have a chance, i gotta get great at stopping, dismounting and restarting because evidently there are new scents everyday. some u must roll in. 

when i finish my one acre round pen, we'll give wheel walking another try.

23 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Maybe @Elliott Reitz could give you some pointers or tips, he seems to have it down pat.

23 hours ago, novazeus said:

haha, Bob would drag elliot and his two little dogs all over the place. 

Bob and i weigh about the same now.

not Bob but about the same size. 

63387278-DA2E-4DB5-9CA4-7CFA4AE9428C.jpeg.a6edba2c0f7826bd1084b6a1eec962f6.jpeg

LOL, we saw some horses out on the trail today.  FWIW, I have ridden with others bigger dogs both with bicycles and wheels.  With bicycles the key is keeping the dog from getting in front of the bike.  On a wheel, the danger is similar and when my dogs cross in front of me I do pull them back.  They weigh 49 and 35 lbs (so 85'ish togeather).  

So when starting with a new dog, the biggest issue is motivation to go.  Primary is "your with me", and "I'm not with you, your with me".  Its not to hard to get good enough to ride a circle around the dog(s) when they're pulling another direction.  Also, square-off pulling from square behind your back you can easy pull 100 lbs.  

I use choke collars with my dogs.  With a new dog, a prong-collar is most effective for training/control.  

Now, as for my "Wheel Goals for 2024"?  Well I have a deposit on an Extreme Bull GT PRO (Extreme Bull GT PRO, 3,000Wh Battery/4,000W Motor (8KW Peak) - ewheels.com).  My shortest commute to work features a few miles of 4 lane with 50 mph posted speed.  With the GT rated 70+ mph I can go that way.  My EBR 1190 can do 150 mph wheelie on that same stretch (as did a friends Corvet and m. A7). :D 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...

• Another year without going down on the road.
  • Further loosening up the hips.
  • Going up these two flights of 10cm-stairs "first try" on a 16" non-suspension wheel.
  • One-legged double-eights forwards and backwards, currently they are only like 85% one-legged. It's tough.

I want to maintain this vibe of early skateboarders when they were exploring each and every spot in their environment for their ride challenge and fun experience. Last year I started to ride along the slanted edge of speed bumps.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/31/2023 at 1:23 AM, Funky said:

None that i can think off..

[...]

There are no valuable riding skills left to learn? Or are you bored of learning new skills?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 5:18 PM, Hellkitten said:

I have done some one legged riding on my current ride (KS18L).

I didn't even know that I could ride one legged until it happened while starting up with a free-mount on my Abrams crossing an intersection one day. :) 

Not by choice mind you.

What happened was the leg being lifted up from  the ground accidentally kicked up the pedal and folded it. Hence, I was forced to ride one legged while trying to bring back down the pedal. Unfortunately, on the Abrams, this is not so easy to do, since the pedal folded up quite flushed to the body. So I had to ride slowly to a safe spot to stop, and bring back down the pedal by hand. 

• Like 1