Wheel goals for 2024

novazeus

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

I didn't even know that I could ride one legged until it happened while starting up with a free-mount on my Abrams crossing an intersection one day. :) 

Not by choice mind you.

What happened was the leg being lifted up from  the ground accidentally kicked up the pedal and folded it. Hence, I was forced to ride one legged while trying to bring back down the pedal. Unfortunately, on the Abrams, this is not so easy to do, since the pedal folded up quite flushed to the body. So I had to ride slowly to a safe spot to stop, and bring back down the pedal by hand. 

Lol. Dang, the Abrams would be the last wheel I’d pick to do some impromptu one legged riding. Nice! 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I didn't even know that I could ride one legged until it happened while starting up with a free-mount on my Abrams crossing an intersection one day. :) 

Not by choice mind you.

What happened was the leg being lifted up from  the ground accidentally kicked up the pedal and folded it. Hence, I was forced to ride one legged while trying to bring back down the pedal. Unfortunately, on the Abrams, this is not so easy to do, since the pedal folded up quite flushed to the body. So I had to ride slowly to a safe spot to stop, and bring back down the pedal by hand. 

haha, i've done that. that's why i never freemount unless i positively have to. not crossing a road but kick up the pedal on my mounting foot.

i'm fanatical about where my shoe fits on the pedal, especially now when they are all spiked not allowing minute adjustments. i use the stitching on my van's to line up with a hinge joint on the s22 pedals, and the front inside corner on the v13's. a mm one way or another makes a difference. a hair too far back, i'm like a s22 drifting slowly rearward in neutral position. a hair too far forward is ok except coming in hot!

After trolleying the wheel, I usually freemount with one pedal still folded. But when the free pedal has folded up accidentally and I didn't notice it's still quite a challenge to adjust and the result is not entirely predictable.

• Like 1