Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

So, this guy is complaining about not getting special treatment of 3h response like begode does to him.  After thousands of kilometres usage and his recommendations to others, he discovered a voltage dip on 50E packs that is not so hard to notice(fellow 50e pack rider here). LoL - I was surprised he jumped that wheel.

I am pretty sure Leaper-Kim cares for safety more than some colourful YouTube guy. I would like to see logs - and time stamps. Did really pedal angle input from imu dipped? Or imu got interfered and just pedal dips ... too much talk not enough data. Video is not proof, I am sorry.

Claim that it is hard to troubleshoot ... is weird. No offense but people without technical knowledge should not push tech guys. If I stopped video on his response to tech guy he kinda asked for that "Not soft" answer.

He frames the problem about himself - but the reality is that none of EUC manufacturers talk with the community. I would love that to change - but Chinese mentality will not change even if it would mean product improvement or profit. 

Begode never responded to me when my master v1 or t4 had problems. That happens only for influencers. It is good that leaperkim don't go full Begode way!

About pedal dip, who knows if there is a problem - can someone provide log with a time stamp? 

I have not updated the firmware from 07. Not to 09 nor 011. I dont care about accelaration assist if it brings trouble. I havent riden my Lynx for a while  (summer heat does not go well wth being fully geared up) With 07 I've never had any trouble with whelel acting up on jumps or otherwise. Should I stay on older firmware? Anyone else stayed with 07?

Edited by versus

LeaperKim got back to me on my unusual jumping related problem and is investigating it, they are testing some firmware changes. 🤞

1 hour ago, versus said:

I have not updated the firmware from 07. Not to 09 nor 011. I dont care about accelaration assist if it brings trouble. I havent riden my Lynx for a while  (summer heat does not go well wth being fully geared up) With 07 I've never had any trouble with whelel acting up on jumps or otherwise. Should I stay on older firmware? Anyone else stayed with 07?

.11 really isn't troublesome for 99% of riders, unless you ride like a complete donkey you will be safe, it's a very nice firmware overall, upgrading from .07 will give you charing control and other fixes together with the assist which transforms the Lynx into an even better wheel.

The only interesting thing my lynx does these days, don’t remember it earlier on, hard to explain but I’ll try. So you ride up to a traffic light for example, lean up to a pole so your just standing there with both feet on the pedals just waiting to move on, maybe your rocking back and forth an inch or so. As the magnets are slowly moving back and forth around the stator, I these days get a really direct ping or feels like you’re  jumping magnets like clunk-clunk but it feels link a ping instead of a clunk. I hope that makes sense. I don’t remember it doing it when I got it and it’s not an issue while riding. My S doesn’t do this nor does my Falcon. Does anyone one else experience this, providing I’m being clear enough with the issue, or non-issue. 

51 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

LeaperKim got back to me on my unusual jumping related problem and is investigating it, they are testing some firmware changes. 🤞

.11 really isn't troublesome for 99% of riders, unless you ride like a complete donkey you will be safe, it's a very nice firmware overall, upgrading from .07 will give you charing control and other fixes together with the assist which transforms the Lynx into an even better wheel.

Did you see my previous message regarding compression adjustment and the video of 2 cells 1 pack showing very little difference when fully adjusted ?

Thank you :) I don't want to bother you with my issues (or perceived issues) but you seem to know those suspensions well :)

Tim

54 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I remember WrongWay riding Lynx for a long time. There were no complaints about pedal dipping before. So I assume this new complaint  could be related to a new  firmware.

He didn't say if the same behavior is present in older firmware. I guess high ramp jumps in Austria were made prior to release of 09 firmware. and he mentions something like

"the issue might be also due to the weak power supply to the IMU. We’re investigating further"

I ride lot of stairs (down) and wouldn't want that something  to happen there, as  it would be pretty bad falling down a flight of stairs. I had no issues with 07 before so might  be better off not upgrading, even if there is a slightest chance issue is firmware related and yet you say you are riding park without issues while jumping. Still dont know what to do.

I hate when these issues arise in the pause of my riding. Looks like we constantly shifting from Lynx being excpetionally good to being problematic.

Until LK improves their accellerometer, there is only so much that can be done with firmware.

Where Wrongway went wrong was his pushiness when dealing with them.  

Others are working with LK in a more productive way and are likely to get results.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Where Wrongway went wrong was his pushiness when dealing with them.  

Others are working with LK in a more productive way and are likely to get results.  

+1 it is hard to be persuasive and not come across as argumentative. It is an art that few master. I guess even more so if done in a language not your native tongue.

Even disregarding jumping pedal dip in turns is a problem that Veteran inherited from Gotway back when they split. Begode managed to fix this ages ago now meanwhile Veteran still hasn't made any changes to fix this or give the option to riders to have more flat and stable pedals during turns (I know a few might like the default). This is something that is annoying even to many people who don't do massive jumps or ride up stairs. 

I don't think it's unfair for him to warn people that may be buying a new wheel just to get into jumps that the Lynx might not be the best wheel for that. And it's extra disappointing when it clearly could be.

50 minutes ago, versus said:

I remember WrongWay riding Lynx for a long time. There were no complaints about pedal dipping before. So I assume this new complaint  could be related to a new  firmware.

He didn't say if the same behavior is present in older firmware. I guess high ramp jumps in Austria were made prior to release of 09 firmware. and he mentions something like

"the issue might be also due to the weak power supply to the IMU. We’re investigating further"

I ride lot of stairs (down) and wouldn't want that something  to happen there, as  it would be pretty bad falling down a flight of stairs. I had no issues with 07 before so might  be better off not upgrading, even if there is a slightest chance issue is firmware related and yet you say you are riding park without issues while jumping. Still dont know what to do.

I hate when these issues arise in the pause of my riding. Looks like we constantly shifting from Lynx being excpetionally good to being problematic.

I rode a lot of stairs (even up) with.11 and no problems for me or my friends.

Hello guys, I'm really sorry to bother you all with my suspension issue especially considering the big thing going on with the fw issue, but can someone put full compression dampening and tell me if they feel a real difference from now compression at all ? I've seen a video :

8:50 and the test to me feels no difference from maximum compression to no compression ...

I'm trying to see if I have to urge my reseller to act or it I'm worrying too much ...

Thank you,

Tim

On 9/8/2024 at 6:46 PM, Timwheel said:

What bugs me however is that I did recharge the wheel after my small trip and it felt like the PWM was over reported by a fair amount... My master had more headroom on EUC world...

It's a known issue with Lynx. Still we don't know if this is something you should worry about or if this is something that you should get used to, but nothing harmful. Personally I think that it's the latter and its characteristics is non-linear. Lynx, just like other LK wheels except of OG Sherman, reports PWM/safety margin natively. EUC World just display an use what is received from the wheel.

On 9/8/2024 at 6:46 PM, Timwheel said:

Worst than that, at the end of a charge my left battery has 0.119v of unbalance (right side 0.049v) and it feels like a whole lot. The first 18 cells of the left battery pack behave the same(around 4.11 at the end of the charge) but the last 18 of those cells are reporting 4.23 and even up to 4.25v for some cells which cuts the charge.

There's definitely a problem with left battery. Imbalance of over 0.1 V for almost brand new battery is not normal. It should be less than 0.02 V. According to what you wrote, it's not a typical imbalance between cells (caused by battery age and wear), but an imbalance between battery modules. Each battery consists of two 18S modules that are connected in series. Seems there's imbalance between front and rear module of left battery. One solution that comes to my mind is to partially discharge the module with higher voltage so both modules will have the same voltage. In your case one module is at ~74 V while the other module is at ~76 V. You need to discharge this module so it will have voltage of 74 V, so both modules will be balanced. You can use 500 W 230 V halogen lamp for this purpose or any other, high power 230 V incadescent lamp. Of course you will also need to have a voltmeter. It doesn't have to be very precise, as you don't need to know exact voltages. You just need to get the same voltage reading from both modules. Imbalance of 0.05 V is also unusually high for a new wheel, so you can conduct the same procedure with right battery.

Or just send your wheel for warranty repair.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

It's a known issue with Lynx. Still we don't know if this is something you should worry about or if this is something that you should get used to, but nothing harmful. Personally I think that it's the latter and its characteristics is non-linear. Lynx, just like other LK wheels except of OG Sherman, reports PWM/safety margin natively. EUC World just display an use what is received from the wheel.

There's definitely a problem with left battery. Imbalance of over 0.1 V for almost brand new battery is not normal. It should be less than 0.02 V. According to what you wrote, it's not a typical imbalance between cells (caused by battery age and wear), but an imbalance between battery modules. Each battery consists of two 18S modules that are connected in series. Seems there's imbalance between front and rear module of left battery. One solution that comes to my mind is to partially discharge the module with higher voltage so both modules will have the same voltage. In your case one module is at ~74 V while the other module is at ~76 V. You need to discharge this module so it will have voltage of 74 V, so both modules will be balanced. You can use 500 W 230 V halogen lamp for this purpose or any other, high power 230 V incadescent lamp. Of course you will also need to have a voltmeter. It doesn't have to be very precise, as you don't need to know exact voltages. You just need to get the same voltage reading from both modules. Imbalance of 0.05 V is also unusually high for a new wheel, so you can conduct the same procedure with right battery.

I had this exact issue where right after full charge the balance seems off, where cells 19-36 are at a higher voltage (4.24 ish) and 1-18 are lower (4.19-4.20). The balance corrects itself almost immediately to around 0.01V after riding for 5km. 

I personally tuned the charger down to 150.9V and now I never get over 4.20V cells and the balance is always good. 

So I don't think it's anything major. 

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Everything went back to normal after a charge following a fast ride. The cells are now perfect, less than 0.015v per pack :)

• Like 1

i'm happy to hear from the majority on how much they love the lynx suspension. 

obviously i can't try a bunch of different wheels out here, i have to make an educated gues. 

i dropped the now slimed tire down to 25psi on the 66 pound one and did a short pasture ride. still harsher than i'd like but i don't want to go lower.

since i use wheels strictly for point to point travel, maneuverability isn't a factor. the v13's with a bunch of slime and drop those to 32psi, will  be the least punishing on my body.

18 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

So, this guy is complaining about not getting special treatment of 3h response like begode does to him.  After thousands of kilometres usage and his recommendations to others, he discovered a voltage dip on 50E packs that is not so hard to notice(fellow 50e pack rider here). LoL - I was surprised he jumped that wheel.

I am pretty sure Leaper-Kim cares for safety more than some colourful YouTube guy. I would like to see logs - and time stamps. Did really pedal angle input from imu dipped? Or imu got interfered and just pedal dips ... too much talk not enough data. Video is not proof, I am sorry.

Claim that it is hard to troubleshoot ... is weird. No offense but people without technical knowledge should not push tech guys. If I stopped video on his response to tech guy he kinda asked for that "Not soft" answer.

He frames the problem about himself - but the reality is that none of EUC manufacturers talk with the community. I would love that to change - but Chinese mentality will not change even if it would mean product improvement or profit. 

Begode never responded to me when my master v1 or t4 had problems. That happens only for influencers. It is good that leaperkim don't go full Begode way!

About pedal dip, who knows if there is a problem - can someone provide log with a time stamp? 

I didn't get the chance to read the whole conversation Adam had, but what I did see was a message from him explaining his theory as to why the Lynx was dipping. It was something about acceleration assist not using both PWM and wheel speed to know not to dip for assistance when getting a sudden increase in force from an incline. I find his theory to be convincing, and his impatience may have been from a dismissal of said theory. It's hard to be persuasive when someone refuses to acknowledge something you've said. And it's harder to be patient when it seems a software design choice is resulting in safety risks that don't need a computer science degree to recognize as a problem.

YouTube reviewers are effectively beta testers that give brands marketing, publicity, and feedback. Leaperkim have made technological advancements that key into major sentiments of the EUC community, some of which are highlighted and explained by YouTube reviewers to their direct connections to manufacturers like Leaperkim. For Leaperkim to fully ignore this issue would be out of character, and the communication between them and Adam was also against the philosophy of brand/YouTuber relations.

Could Adam have communicated more effectively? Possibly. What we should continue to care about is how the wheels ride, in casual or extreme circumstances, and make it known (professionally and cordially) when there are potential safety risks, in software and hardware.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been rolling with FW 5.0.11 and so far I haven’t noticed any dip or bad vibrations or any of the weird issues that seem a little random? Some seem to be having poor luck and I’ve seen others with no issues like me. 

I’ve had the assists on 100% for a few rolls now and keeping the cameras on incase anything happens. I’m not jumping at the moment but plan a trail run in the next couple of days.

I just added the Grizzla upgrade kit and heading out to take a little roll now, I’ll keep assists on and keep checking it. 

I told Linnea today I’ve had no issues so far. 

Embarrassing question that I *should* know the answer to:

Is the PWM reporting on phone apps (specifically but not limited to EUC world) fixed yet on the Lynx?

I have never trusted it personally so I've depended on the wheel beeps to do their jobs. But I just got a new helmet with a cardo, and there's a 0% chance I'd hear the wheel beeps over all that. I am definitely feeling the PWM tiltback happen (my setting is around 22%), but I don't think I'm hearing any beeps at all, and no beeps are going through EUC world. Any input appreciated.

@Seba? 😊

Edited by WheelGoodTime

On 9/12/2024 at 10:39 PM, Seba said:

PWM reporting on phone apps is working correctly (at least on EUC World). The problem is that Lynx motherboard is sending suspiciously high values, which is firmware-related. So the question shoud be: "Is the PWM reporting on the Lynx firmware fixed yet?". And the answer is - most probably no, but now we can check it (more details later).

Latest EUC World supports settings introduced in newest Lynx firmware. This creates an opportunity for you (an also for other Lynx owners) to test and verify if the PWM used internally by the wheel is the same PWM the wheel sends to the app. You will need EUC World updated to at least 2.48.0 and Lynx updated to at least 5.0.11. Now here's the procedure to follow:

1. Start EUC World and connect to your Lynx.
  2. Open "Wheel" menu and set "Dynamic tiltback" to 50%.
  3. Ride your Lynx until you'll get tiltback, then stop.
  4. Switch to 2nd screen in EUC World, scroll down to "Statistics" and verify what is the "Min Safety Margin".

In normal conditions min safety margin should be close to the dynamic tiltback setting - in this case something around 50%. You can repeat this test by lowering dynamic tiltback setting and verifying if the min safety margin follows this new setting. We'll be happy to know what results you got.

Test complete. It behaved as I expected, and as soon EUC world detected that I hit 50% PWM, it tilted back and gave me alarms at the same time. No wheel beeps, of course, but that was to be expected. Here's a screenshot as well.

Not quite sure how to interpret this data as it pertains to how the wheel sends PWM data to it, but it does seem like the PWM values are very high. I regularly cruise at 40-45 mph with a full battery and I get PWM alarms (10-15% safety margin, it says) on EUC world, but no wheel beeps. 

Thanks for the reply and the assistance!

Screenshot_20240914_150423_EUC World.jpg