Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

hink all EUC motors are made from cast I don't think any of them are made by CNC.

Im not sure 100% but wasnt the S22 Pro Motor upgraded in this part of the axle to steel at some point/latest version?

Edited by onkeldanuel

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

Im not sure 100% but wasnt the S22 Pro Motor upgraded in this part of the axle to steel at some point/latest version?

The latest GF motor has a steel axle yeah.

after this mornings ride on the 66lb lynx, having been riding the v13's lately,

the v13 suspension/package(tire), beats the 66lb lynx hands down.

the 70lb fares a little better.

only reason i'd grab a lynx for a ranch tour over the v13's, less work. the v13's do require me to control them more with my feet. i actually do get a better leg workout with the v13's. 

this morning i was going a little faster on the 66lb and it constantly bottoms out. and i'm 170 naked. and probably 175 riding weight.

my best ranch wheel at the moment is this last v13. idk why because it's identical to the second one, but it just feels better. if ur man enough, don't discount the v13. it does fine now with hou's 70mm down 40mm forward backplate.

On 5/22/2024 at 7:00 PM, Rawnei said:

New info and images from Shibby, apparently the whole axle cracked:

image.thumb.jpeg.13d113a38450ee9223d2f1e73ea4db97.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e8a0a932db4b48fbb4195fdd41bb20a.jpeg

Why didn’t the Sherman s have this issue or is the lynx just being used harder?

Anyone know if the 80/90-14 Michelin tires fit well (City Extra or Pilot Street 2)? If they need to be shaved down at all? Anyone recommend using one of these tires on the Lynx from experience?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, omuretsu said:

Anyone know if the 80/90-14 Michelin tires fit well (City Extra or Pilot Street 2)? If they need to be shaved down at all? Anyone recommend using one of these tires on the Lynx from experience?

I liked city extra on master, but it slips a lot on wet. But puncture-proof ! Thinking about Metzeler Sportec Street 80/90 -14 since it is most expensive tyre, and should be lighter. 

https://www.metzeler.com/en-gb/catalogue/product/sportec-street

Hi @Seba

It seems that the latest Darknessbot BETA version has implemented a change to read PWM values from the Lynx correctly, according to the video linked below (timestamped) and follow up questions that I asked in the comment section for clarification: the previous versions of Darknessbot wasn't reading the PWM values sent by the wheel correctly.

We're experiencing the same thing in EUC World where PWM doesn't make a whole lot of sense, is that something you could investigate closer? I don't know the change they did specifically or how it works behind the scenes but if you could take a closer look at this it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the video timestamped and auto-translation from russian to english works decently, my questions in the comment section are in English and he replied in English as well (sort by newest).

https://youtu.be/kvrt2_Rj1f8?t=2611

• Like 2

I get my lynx tomorrow and coming from a 4-5 year old wheel I have high hopes. Haven't been active on this forum for a bit (literally 4 years) but that will change with my new wheel. Just printed a full tpu set of armor and seat for it, I have the lowering pedals ready to go but will probably try without them first and see how it goes. Hoping this new tubeless tire is good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M Squared said:

I get my lynx tomorrow and coming from a 4-5 year old wheel I have high hopes. Haven't been active on this forum for a bit (literally 4 years) but that will change with my new wheel. Just printed a full tpu set of armor and seat for it, I have the lowering pedals ready to go but will probably try without them first and see how it goes. Hoping this new tubeless tire is good

Congrats on the new ride! Should be a great upgrade :) nice! 

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, Rawnei said:

On 5/20/2024 at 11:51 AM, Supakatt said:

Removed kickstand so eventually would fall apart. 

Huh, how did you come to that conclusion?

I think removing the kickstand is a bad idea too because it’s the only brace you have for the bottom of the battery packs. 

You have the axle bolts at the bottom, but the only support is at the top oif you take the kickstand off. 

Just axle bolts supporting the center bottom is not enough support IMO. 

I’ve been a machinist and metal fabricator for 30 years and I noticed it was a weakness immediately, so I never took mine off, even though it might be dangerous. 

Edited by o u euc 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

I think removing the kickstand is a bad idea too because it’s the only brace you have for the bottom of the battery packs. 

You have the axle bolts at the bottom, but the only support is at the top oif you take the kickstand off. 

Just axle bolts supporting the center bottom is not enough support IMO. 

I’ve been a machinist and metal fabricator for 30 years and I noticed it was a weakness immediately, so I never took mine off, even though it might be dangerous. 

The kickstand doesn't offer any structural integrity whatsoever, watch a tear down video of the Lynx and you will understand why.

It does protect the mudguard however acting as a bumper for it, my custom kickstand is made of soft TPU.

22 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The kickstand doesn't offer any structural integrity whatsoever, watch a tear down video of the Lynx and you will understand why.

I believe @o u euc 2 made a Lynx teardown video, and it is on Youtube.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I believe @o u euc 2 made a Lynx teardown video, and it is on Youtube.

The kickstand is just a small plastic piece.

What gives structural integrity is the connection between motor, shocks, battery cases and the controller housing at the top, they form a square and are securely held in place by the many M6 screws per side.

Also consider that a lot of people are riding the Lynx pretty hardcore without any kickstand at all and it's holding up just fine.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What gives structural integrity is the connection between motor, shocks, battery cases and the controller housing at the top, they form a square and are securely held in place by the many M6 screws per side.

The only points of connection are the top row of screws, axle and Kickstand period.

The shock is only held on at the axle not the top. It’s bolted to the battery pack. 
The connection forms a triangle without the kickstand that is bolted to a metal rod between heavy duty plastic. 

It’s not a strong brace but better than none at all. 

Edited by o u euc 2

3 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

The only points of connection are the top row of screws, axle and Kickstand period.

The shock is only held on at the axle not the top. It’s bolted to the battery pack. 
The connection forms a triangle without the kickstand that is bolted to a metal rod between heavy duty plastic. 

The shocks are bolted to the battery pack and then the clamps hold it against the motor.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

The shocks are bolted to the battery pack and then the clamps hold it against the motor.

Yes. 
A row of bolts on top, the axle (shock mount) and kickstand. 

And now that I think about it, the part of the shock that bolts to the battery isn’t even connected. 
It floats. 

2 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

Yes. 
A row of bolts on top, the axle (shock mount) and kickstand. 

So what do you think the kickstand is doing? Why would it add structural integrity?

It just helps keep the bottom of the battery packs from putting so much force on the axle bolts if they crash. 
If you hit one corner it’s going to spread the opposite end apart if nothing is holding it together. 

Just now, o u euc 2 said:

It just helps keep the bottom of the battery packs from putting so much force on the axle bolts if they crash. 
If you hit one corner it’s going to spread the opposite end apart if nothing is holding it together. 

That amount of force would just bend or crack the kickstand plastic, it's not that thick to begin with, the metal rod is at the other end (the kickstand is very long).

And again the scenario you are describing is not happening to people and people are riding their Lynx without a kickstand doing some very demanding riding and jumping.

What happened to Shibbys Lynx wouldn't have been prevented by a kickstand.

Just now, Rawnei said:

And again the scenario you are describing is not happening to people and people are riding their Lynx without a kickstand doing some very demanding riding and jumping.

Give it time. 
The kickstand is strong. So are the bolts that hold the rod in. 
It’s not a huge difference as I said. 
It’s still going to be strong without it, but it helps more than you think. 
My kickstand has hit the pavement very hard. 
Handle brackets cracked but kickstand is solid. 
Im sure most people won’t have any problems if they remove it. 

1 minute ago, o u euc 2 said:

Give it time. 
The kickstand is strong. So are the bolts that hold the rod in. 
It’s not a huge difference as I said. 
It’s still going to be strong without it, but it helps more than you think. 
My kickstand has hit the pavement very hard. 
Handle brackets cracked but kickstand is solid. 
Im sure most people won’t have any problems if they remove it. 

Well I'm doubtful it will be a problem either way.

More important to me and a lot of riders is avoiding the kickstand hitting something when dropping of obstacles since it's way too long, if that happens it could potentially be the cause of a crash or a fall, that is why people remove it and why I designed the shorter one.

• Like 1